Page 42 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 12/3: Gnome for the Holidays | event information on page 1

I just collected and I got both pollen and blossoms from the grown poinsettia trees.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    Force close your game.
    I have done, many times but somehow the counter doesn?t budge. Last time I remember being stuck at something like 7 even though I could see in my newsfeed that at least 10 people had responded.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Castloninian View Post
    I have done, many times but somehow the counter doesn?t budge. Last time I remember being stuck at something like 7 even though I could see in my newsfeed that at least 10 people had responded.
    Mine was blocked at 3 although I had 18 answers. I forced closed the game did a few things, visited a neighbor and then it was completed. You can also check your inventory to see how many you have.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by fari85 View Post

I have loads of neighbours too. I generally delete the ones with no hearts specially after a quest that call for community visits. Makes sure that they have gotten inactive.
    Well, that would be me. No hearts, but still active. I haven't played events (and posting on the forum) for quite some time now, due to stress from the game. I concentrated on main storylines and only played monsterboards. I did do two of the Halloween events, just to find out I was missing out on the main prize, because I didn't do the first one.

I don't normally visit as it crashes my game. So the visit goal is really annoying. Visit 2 kingdoms, crash, restart, visit 2 more, crash...rinse and repeat. So a task that would take 5 minutes if you're not experiencing problems took me more than 30 minutes. But I still answer(ed) requests from neighbors.

That said, I do have the striking gnomes and they are really cute. I'm having a blast fighting them. I showed them to my daughter to show what they did when you fight them and she found it hilarious. I think I'll go for two. The drops reminds me of Sinterklaas, who used to give chocolate coins too (I didn't get any for some time now, but I can still taste them ).

I hope to be able to finish this one without any problems and I'll probably be taking a long break from events again after that.
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil

Executive Chef
    Well I've been stocking up on the reindeer treats and the crown hats and I'm using a lot of wood. Sooo my tip for those who might run short on wood is to buy the Marsh tree. It comes already grown and needs 20 chops. (Park a monster)
    I've been chopping rock piles for stone for the hats. Easy enough.
    But I'm going through my jewels pretty quickly. Any other time I find jewels everywhere! Chopping rocks gives me some. And my manticores.
    Alternative to Marsh tree could be the Grand Rooted Ileum. Especially if you need seals or wisps.
    Anyways, my little tidbit. For what it's worth.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro45 View Post
    Well, that would be me. No hearts, but still active. I haven't played events (and posting on the forum) for quite some time now, due to stress from the game. I concentrated on main storylines and only played monsterboards. I did do two of the Halloween events, just to find out I was missing out on the main prize, because I didn't do the first one.

I don't normally visit as it crashes my game. So the visit goal is really annoying. Visit 2 kingdoms, crash, restart, visit 2 more, crash...rinse and repeat. So a task that would take 5 minutes if you're not experiencing problems took me more than 30 minutes. But I still answer(ed) requests from neighbors.

That said, I do have the striking gnomes and they are really cute. I'm having a blast fighting them. I showed them to my daughter to show what they did when you fight them and she found it hilarious. I think I'll go for two. The drops reminds me of Sinterklaas, who used to give chocolate coins too (I didn't get any for some time now, but I can still taste them ).

I hope to be able to finish this one without any problems and I'll probably be taking a long break from events again after that.

Sitting out while active gives me a huge FOMO

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock221bbaker View Post
    Yes. In a previous event I worked out what works for me.
    I sent a request to all the neighbours but remained short. However far more neighbours sent me requests so I was baffled.
    I suspected the mistake was to message everyone.
    I took screenshots of who requested me and who already returned requests so I would only ask those people.
    Other ones might too.
    By only sending requests to these ones it seemed to fix the issue.

I suspect there?s a limit to how many requests go through.
    I was made aware years ago you can only send a max of 20 requests per 24 hour period. However it does depend on time of day.I think when game clock resets for your area that you can send more. So if I am asked for 15 requests I send 20. If it asks for 20 don?t send more. It slows the system down and that is why 2 days later you?ll see other neighbours requests popping up in your news. It?s a good idea to keep neighbours at a manageable number, 50 or 60. I don?t visit everyone regularly so have one heart, but I play everyday. I will visit an inactive neighbour and look for signs they are participating in recent quests before I delete them. Hearts for activity is not a good indicator.

Hope this helps. I?m sure somewhere in the HUB there would be information on requests from neighbours. Have fun with the game and thanks SpiritWind for all you do!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by danielle95hx View Post
    What chapter numbers have you been receiving your tiny workshops at? I am on chapter 5 and have not received one yet. Although my co-worker next to me is on chapter 3, they have just received one. what am I doing wrong please?
    They probably got 1 from an adventure. I have two. You will get one during chapter 7.

Fashion Designer
    How long does the event last? The bundle says 9 days! The top reindeer says 9 days. But the one in between says 5 days?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosysew View Post
    I was made aware years ago you can only send a max of 20 requests per 24 hour period. However it does depend on time of day.I think when game clock resets for your area that you can send more. So if I am asked for 15 requests I send 20. If it asks for 20 don?t send more. It slows the system down and that is why 2 days later you?ll see other neighbours requests popping up in your news. It?s a good idea to keep neighbours at a manageable number, 50 or 60. I don?t visit everyone regularly so have one heart, but I play everyday. I will visit an inactive neighbour and look for signs they are participating in recent quests before I delete them. Hearts for activity is not a good indicator.

Hope this helps. I?m sure somewhere in the HUB there would be information on requests from neighbours. Have fun with the game and thanks SpiritWind for all you do!
    You?re quite correct that hearts do not indicate whether a player is active. I have quite a few neighbors without hearts that are active in this event as they?ve asked for the red bows. And I have one with 3 hearts that has not played for 4 years. Good neighbor I choose not to delete.

You are NOT correct regarding requests. We are not limited to 20 out, only 20 in per day (there can even be a rare 21 if last two respond at the same time) Sending out more does not bog the system down. I?ve sent out various batches of 40-100+ and gotten responses within minutes. Several 100+ ended up with 70+ answers over the next 4 days. One glitch that I have noticed is that when you start checking neighbors to send to, there is a reset and checks disappear. If you recheck those, you will get an error saying you?ve already asked them. So I will wait after checking one and after that check disappears, then check the ones I want to send to. If you don?t notice this happening, you may not send out as many as you think.

For fish63: Chapter events are always confusing as to time remaining. There is the one timer that reflects/counts down the 10 days you have from when you pushed begin or it autostarted (Sunday at I believe was 11 am PST) And the timer reflecting the total event time. Unless you waited until Sunday, the timers will be different.