Page 73 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 12/3: Gnome for the Holidays | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Galadraal View Post
    I have room for the 3 x 3 I would like it centered. I think it looks awesome floating above ground with the presents and reindeer
    Everything is better centered, but it could be centered in a 3x2 area. That just shaves off some of the empty space on the sides

Nightclub Owner
    Fair warning: I apologize, but this post is just a little catharsis for me. While on the subject of the event itself, the following contains no info or tips that may be useful for others. Please feel free to skip but I really need to vent a bit. So...

I'm on Chapter 9-4, Upgrade the Sleigh to Level 9; only, it seems my game has reverted my Sleigh back to level 7 without my noticing. Everything else is on track, the goal book and side goal are all correct for where my game should be but I just can't upgrade the Sleigh no matter what I do. Since last night, I've upgraded three separate times but it just won't stick.

It goes like this: I upgrade the Sleigh to level 8, nothing happens, obviously, because the goal wants a level 9 Sleigh. Okay then, I have all the supplies crafted so I immediately tap to Upgrade to Level 9 and get the Congratulations screen. But what do you know? Game rolls back and I'm once again looking at a Level 7 Sleigh. Every. Time. And naturally, when it rolls back it doesn't roll back my inventory, oh no, just the Sleigh rolls back each time. So, once more I have to wait hours to try again so that I can re-accumulate enough materials. Again.

And to be clear, this is the only time my game is rolling back. It's not like I can't do anything else in my game because of roll backs. Everything else is working just as well as it ever did, it only rolls back when I upgrade the Sleigh and it happens every time, without fail. Apparently it's been rolling back since Chapter 7 - I just hadn't noticed because it advanced me through to the next chapters. It's so frustrating that at this point, after so many hours and so many tries I'm... just... done. This is entirely too much bother and annoyance for me to even want to try and continue.

Yes, I can submit a ticket (and I might do so later, when I'm not so riled) but in all likelihood, it won't be dealt with until after the event ends for me. Maybe they'll even give me the fully upgraded Sleigh and the final prize but at this point the event is well and truly ruined for me. This is a particularly bitter pill to swallow for me because for years, this specific Storybook format (with all the different items dropping from adventures) used to be my favorite of all events - I would beg for them in the speculation thread at every opportunity - and for the first week this event was reinforcing that opinion. It was a nice theme, a cute story with adorable artwork and lots of lovely items dropping from the adventures. In other words, this event was everything I love about the Storybook format and for the first time in a while I didn't feel rushed or frazzled trying to complete an event. I was having fun playing! Now though? Now, I don't think I'll want to deal with another Storybook for quite some time. If ever.

Sorry for the length but thanks for letting me vent. I think I feel about ten percent less angry now. Good luck to all and I hope the event goes smoothly for the rest of you.

Rhino Keeper
    Oh, AnnirasSweets, that is terrible. I’m so sorry that has happened. I would gift you my tiny reindeer if I could!

Executive Chef
    AnniraSweets so horrible and sad for you. I hope they can fix it and give you the rewards you worked so hard for. The rollbacks and resets seem to get worse with each event. It’s a KNOWN issue about visiting neighbors and community and also asking neighbors for items yet they continue to have it in every event :-( at least they have it earlier where (I believe if I remember correctly) it used to be the last day. This event was a nice relaxing pace with some pretty nice drops from an easy 2 hour adventure and the buildings we needed look like they will have decent drops afterwards instead of becoming useless decorations. I have had annoying rollbacks and resets but not nearly as bad as you. I don’t understand how they can mess something up so badly as stealing 100 gems to finish the event. When I needed the one doll it was only 45 gems how can 100 possibly be written into the program. I don’t get it.

Executive Chef
    Does anyone know if the poinsettia trees will drop items after the event?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Sorry for the length but thanks for letting me vent. I think I feel about ten percent less angry now. Good luck to all and I hope the event goes smoothly for the rest of you.
    Very sorry that you have experienced such horrendous issues with the storybook event, I can definitely empathise as I have had issues as well although not as bad as your particular issue with the sleigh upgrade. I suspect because I upgrade just before the 8am GMT reset, rather than after.

Had to buy a 50 gem sapling at the beginning of chapter 4 during the weekend as I experienced the no bloom drop issue, skipped 8 gems for neighbour requests and now am still 100 gem short due to the coding error in the last chapter. I also had multiple rollbacks during the first hour of reset (8-9 am GMT), possibly due to multitude of requests inundating and overwhelming the server and the Baron’s tent was also having similar issues at this time.

Please send a ticket to support for your upgrade issue. To be fair to S8 support, they have been extremely helpful and reasonable in 99% of the interactions I have had with them. Hope this resolves favourably for you soon.

Executive Chef
    AnnirasSweets, I hope S8 can help you, but I understand it won't make much difference.. the damage is done.
    I'm so sorry this event ruined Story Book Events for you (hug)

Quote Originally Posted by Galadraal View Post
    Does anyone know if the poinsettia trees will drop items after the event?
    Do you mean the Poinsettia Blossom and Poinsettia Pollen?
    They stop dropping once you finish the event.

Farm Supplier
    AnnirasSweets, that is awful! So sorry. :-(

Farm Supplier
    So I was not able to successfully end the event yesterday (with hours to spare) because of the bug (I sent a ticket).
    My countdown ended ten hours ago. Just by chance I go again to where you upgrade, and what do you know? The Build button was activated! I now have my level 10 sled BUT NO TINY DEER. I have checked my inventory.

Did they fix the upgrading to level 10 part, but not the tiny raindeer? It was my main motivation for this event :-(

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrus00 View Post
    So I was not able to successfully end the event yesterday (with hours to spare) because of the bug (I sent a ticket).
    My countdown ended ten hours ago. Just by chance I go again to where you upgrade, and what do you know? The Build button was activated! I now have my level 10 sled BUT NO TINY DEER. I have checked my inventory.

Did they fix the upgrading to level 10 part, but not the tiny raindeer? It was my main motivation for this event :-(
    They fixed the bug, but you should have gotten the Tiny Reindeer.
    Try to force-close and check your inventory and Realm.
    If it's not there I would sent in a Ticket if I were you. S8 support can usually help with those issues.
    https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Good luck!