Page 35 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 12/3: Gnome for the Holidays | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jesslau9 View Post
    If chapter 9 needs 20 gifts from neighbors and I can't get it in one day, doesn't it mean I won't be able to finish this in the 10 days timeline?
    Im sending out requests for the Red Bows - the first request- in small batches.
    It takes a little longer to get them back but at this stage I don't want to send to all my neighbors.

I started this event late, usually that allows one to do the first few chapters immediately. However, it wouldn’t let me catch up and I only have 7 days to do 10 chapters. That means I can’t possibly finish. Have they changed the format

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by storiadelcastello View Post
    I started this event late, usually that allows one to do the first few chapters immediately. However, it wouldn’t let me catch up and I only have 7 days to do 10 chapters. That means I can’t possibly finish. Have they changed the format
    What chapter are you on?

Me too. I started a day late but can’t "catch up."

Farm Supplier
    Help! I used gems to start a few chapters early and now reading this I've made a big mistake. Since you have to have an active chapter for items to drop what you need I haven't been able to collect anything since Saturday afternoon and it still says 16 hours till chapter 6 starts. I don't understand why I'm being penalized for spending money.

Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna12 View Post
    Help! I used gems to start a few chapters early and now reading this I've made a big mistake. Since you have to have an active chapter for items to drop what you need I haven't been able to collect anything since Saturday afternoon and it still says 16 hours till chapter 6 starts. I don't understand why I'm being penalized for spending money.
    That's how it works. If you gem ahead to the next chapter, the next chapter won't start for 2 more days & so on. Storybook is designed to do 1 chapter per day. To assure you can still collect items, don't do the last goal (upgrading) until the beginning of the next chapter. I wait until the next morning to upgrade & then the next chapter starts right away.
    You're not behind. Just wait til your next chapter is available.

If you check the first page, it contains great information about the event.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    My bad. I also have 7 Tiny Workshops. I got most of them from adventures. I see they are for sale in the Market for 250 gems. 7 Tiny Workshops were more than adequate since the Tiny Dolls drop in multiples very often.
    Thanks Stymie. I now have 4 tiny workshops so not too worried about later chapters if we are awarded 1 if not 2 in chapter 7. My playing style is usually quite intensive in the first few days and completing either early or more relaxed playing for the rest of a 2 week event. Thanks again for steaming ahead and all the helpful info.

To everyone else, echoing those who have forged ahead with gems, keep adventuring every 2 hours. Even if you do not get faux reindeers, poinsettia trees or tiny workshops and tailors, you do get their drops every single time (only item not in the drops is stuffed reindeer), which can only help in later chapters. This adventure does not require too much effort as it does not, for a change, require gold nuggets/eggs/apples. Good luck!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    I think you mean Tiny Tailors? S8 fixed this so we could buy max. 10. (thanks S8! )
    Tiny Workshop unlocks in the Market at Chapter 7, and is apparently 250 Gems. (it's also a rare Adventure drop)
    You are absolutely right, of course! Thanks Ronja, I got confused!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by robotparade View Post
    Me too. I started a day late but can’t "catch up."
    I've started late as well, and everything seems fine. I'm on chapter 3 today and have 8 days left. So I'm getting 10 days total, just as it should be. No, we can't "catch up", but we don't need to, we can finish later if we started later.

Executive Chef
    Normally the only way to "catch up" on chapters is if you start after the automatic start day. If you start before the automatic start then you can only do 1 chapter a day.