Page 50 of 83 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 12/3: Gnome for the Holidays | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess4110 View Post
    ... What I really need is to be able to earn more tokens to get the mythical research center so that I can craft energy giving animals - I still only have 19 tokens. Any tips/suggestions for that?
    If you are willing/ able to spent Gems, the Beastbane Display is wonderful. You get Tokens everyday, and sometimes it is a Golden Troll Token. (when it's a Golden Troll Token it drops 1, but if one of the other Tokens drops it drops multiple)
    It's available to buy in the Market (400 Gems?) You can only have 1, so I can't check the price anymore.
    When you do have the Mythic Research Center, I would make Unicorns your top priority. They also drop Tokens (although not guaranteed like the Beastbane display)
    Princess Lorelei's Fountain drops Golden Troll Tokens during Monster Hunts. (1 in 3/4 collections, it's random)
    For the rest it's just a matter of patience and hope there will be a Monster hunt soon
    Ow, and when there is a Monster Hunt, don't be swept away by the Leader Board prizes, but just focus on getting those Golden Troll Tokens. (it will be enough to win you your individual prizes too)
    Good luck! (fingers cross for a Monster Hunt! )

Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    Hm... when I first started playing I was told to Wait on Event request days until someone sends me a Quest item request, and accept that first- then i'm clear to send them a gift. ��
    I haven't noticed any issues with presents affecting the amount of Event items i'm able to receive- I got 21 back (Thanks Neighbors! �� ) with the Red Bows requests and still sent/received gifts that day. As far as I know my neighbors finished as well!
    I'll definitely watch more closely, if that's how it's supposed to work i'll try not to take advantage of potentially unreliable work-arounds that might put neighbors at risk of not receiving their quest requests. ��
    Hmm, I’m wondering if you should email support about this because I’ve always been able to receive both daily gifts and 21 requested items per day not only in Caste Story but also in Dragon Story. Actually just yesterday I received my 3 daily gifts from neighbors and 21 requested red bows. No that was not a typo, you’re actually able to receive 21 requested items in a day by sending your request for items to any/all neighbors except for STORMIE and then ONLY AFTER you receive 20 requested items go back and send an item request to Stormie and you will receive that extra 1 requested item. This only works if you wait to request an item from Stormie after you have already received 20 requested items.
    I'm so sorry. I have to confess I got this info (that received gifts count as 'received requests' and that you can only receive 20 requests/gifts a day) from the forum.
    So maybe it's just speculation...
    There aren't many events that ask for requests, and I usually don't sent or receive gifts, so it hasn't been a problem before.
    Sorry for throwing something out here when I'm not sure sure it's true..
    If both of you say you received all you 20 (21!) requests and gifts it must not be true... (I wish S8 told us how it worked..)
    Sorry again
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 12-10-20 at 11:18 AM.

When you summon the striking gnomes in the workshop for 40 chocolate coins you definitely receive them correct? It?s not like other events where you go on adventures in the kings/queens keep to summon something and it takes you an endless amount of tries to maybe get them? I?m on chapter 6 with 17 chocolate coins cause I basically have been using all my gold coins in the queens keep adventure and I?m trying to figure out whether I should keep using my coins for the queens keep adventure and make sure u have 40 coins at the end of event for the workshop summons or if I should do the workshop summon the striking gnomes now. Can you summon the striking gnomes in the workshop more than once or are you limited to only receiving the striking gnomes once? Do the striking gnomes from the workshop give you anything that you can use for the event once placed?
    Yes...you are "crafting" them so you will receive them.
    Check page 1. Spiritwind has all goals, crafts (with requirements), & Shibuyacloth has an inventory list of all items. These guys do an amazing job! I refer to page 1 every day & sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    If you are willing/ able to spent Gems, the Beastbane Display is wonderful. You get Tokens everyday, and sometimes it is a Golden Troll Token. (when it's a Golden Troll Token it drops 1, but if one of the other Tokens drops it drops multiple)
    It's available to buy in the Market (400 Gems?) You can only have 1, so I can't check the price anymore.
    When you do have the Mythic Research Center, I would make Unicorns your top priority. They also drop Tokens (although not guaranteed like the Beastbane display)
    Princess Lorelei's Fountain drops Golden Troll Tokens during Monster Hunts. (1 in 3/4 collections, it's random)
    For the rest it's just a matter of patience and hope there will be a Monster hunt soon
    Ow, and when there is a Monster Hunt, don't be swept away by the Leader Board prizes, but just focus on getting those Golden Troll Tokens. (it will be enough to win you your individual prizes too)
    Good luck! (fingers cross for a Monster Hunt! )

I'm so sorry. I have to confess I got this info (that received gifts count as 'received requests' and that you can only receive 20 requests/gifts a day) from the forum.
    There aren't many events that ask for requests, and I usually don't sent or receive gifts, so it hasn't been a problem before.
    If both of you say you received all you 20 (21!) requests and gifts it must not be true... (I wish S8 told us how it worked..)
    Sorry again

No worries I just wanted to let you know that you should be able to collect your daily gifts as well as requested items. Also not everyone knows that you can actually receive 21 requested items by asking Stormie after already already receiving 20 items and wanted to share that little bit of info!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    Sorry again
    No worries at all! Definitely no need to apologize.
    I was just speculating in turn because we all seem to have our methods, understanding, and/or superstitions surrounding collections/gifting etc., and sharing experience might help us figure out what's been true for all. If accepting gifts has seemed to affect how many questing requests someone can receive, then we really don't know!
    It's possible that the tip that was shared with me was simply meant to ensure that someone can receive both a quest response and a gift that day from the same active neighbor, and didn't account for how it might affect their other quest item returns.

Either way, i'll be cautious! 😊

Hope you all have a lovely (roll-back free) day! ❤️

Rhino Keeper
    The request function IS weird though. I started late so just requested red bows from 21 neighbors this morning that I know for sure are playing.
    I got a message saying that a lot of my requests didn't go through because I had already requested from them today?
    I don't understand that because the last time I sent requests/gifts/anything was on October 27th for another event.
    How could I have already sent them requests today?

That aside, I LOVE this event! I did get 15 red bows already and the whole event for me has been stress free and interesting.
    Love the items and buildings and the striking gnomes were easy to spawn from the farmhouse.
    Love the two hour adventure that drops great items and requires NO gold items!
    But PLEASE make the finished sleigh a 2x2 instead of a 3x3 *pleads*

P.S. If you happen to have Armored Shadow Wolves they are good for roast chicken

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by WindermereBakery View Post
    The request function IS weird though. I started late so just requested red bows from 21 neighbors this morning that I know for sure are playing.
    I got a message saying that a lot of my requests didn't go through because I had already requested from them today?
    I don't understand that because the last time I sent requests/gifts/anything was on October 27th for another event.
    How could I have already sent them requests today?
    Yes that's weird, innit? My theory: when you open you neighbors list and start putting checkmarks in front of each neighbor sometimes these checkmarks disappear. When you put them there again your request will be sent but the system gives the error message. I have tested this in Dragon Story and it seems that how many checkmarks disappear and I put back, that many neighbors will be in the error message.
    Normally I wait a while so no checks disappear. When I was asking for the red bows however, checks kept disappearing, so I got a message I already sent requests to 8 neighbors.

EDIT: Looks like I bought waaaaay too many candy cane trees.
    Last edited by Andro45; 12-10-20 at 02:39 PM.
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil

I am able to sell the candy cane trees i have in storage. They are all the ones from the adventure so not sure about the ones you buy.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    I've noticed some rollback issues with adding new neighbors.
    When I accept new neighbor requests, I almost always have to accept the same request again a couple of minutes later.
    I normally don't keep track of the number of neighbors, but today I was curious and check the amount right after accepting 4 new requests.
    I had a rollback after that and the new neighbors disappeared (from my total) and the requests were gone too.

I'm gonna add them 1 by 1 in the future, see if that causes less problems.
    For people who's request I haven't accepted,.. it's not because I don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    I am able to sell the candy cane trees i have in storage. They are all the ones from the adventure so not sure about the ones you buy.
    I can sell them for 0 Coins

Executive Chef
    I have also noticed that my neighbor request have been odd too. I would accept the request and then it would show up immediately again. And I would accept again. I'll have to pay closer attention from now on too , to see if they are actually being added.
    I accept all neighbor requests.

Executive Chef
    Thanks for your help, my wonderful neighbors!
    Good luck with the neighbor requests everyone