Page 24 of 83 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 12/3: Gnome for the Holidays | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetvoo View Post
    I?m higher level and I only received 2 saplings. I?ve forced closed several times...still only 2.
    me too only 2. I am grateful the fully grown trees are now dropping the poinsettias instead of just blue stars. Thanks for fixing that.

Executive Chef
    so you can make more than one striking worker. i made two. and the craft is still avaliable in my workshop.
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Executive Chef
    Super annoying that when you get the 20th poinsettia it goes back to the blue stars

Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    The mismatched timers make me wonder, have you tried force-closing and re-opening your game?

If that doesn't cause things to synch up, further investigation needed.

The 2nd chapter is out, as far as I know I don't think when you started Chapter 1 should change when you can open the next released ones because we're supposed to be able to catch up if we start a few days later. 🤔 Anyone have a 100% answer on that?

The event timer shows 10 days (once you "Begin") and yet we still have this storybook event live for the standard 'longer event' period of 14 days. I'm not sure when the last day to start and still finish is, but your Event expires in O days 0 secs timer definitely seems off.

In my own game, I see an "Event expires in 8 days"
    Timer (I started right away as soon as the Event was released) at the top left of my Storybook chapter and Chapter 3 "will start in 3 hours 27 min 56 sec" right where the chapter text usually goes.

Good luck!! ❤️
    Thank you for your help and info. I should have explained my confusion a little bit more. I was more confused about what Redefix posted (post #97) and your reply to it. They did the same thing as me but was able to start chapter 2 right away.

I will have to put in a ticket to support as force closing did not fix the timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Galadraal View Post
    me too only 2. I am grateful the fully grown trees are now dropping the poinsettias instead of just blue stars. Thanks for fixing that.
    My fully grown trees are still NOT dropping anything.I grew them before I knew they would stop at 20 .I have forced closed.I wonder I upgraded the sleigh to level 3 and finished chapter 3 they would start dropping again.Any thoughts?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by cntrygirl1970 View Post
    Thank you for your help and info. I should have explained my confusion a little bit more. I was more confused about what Redefix posted (post #97) and your reply to it. They did the same thing as me but was able to start chapter 2 right away.

I will have to put in a ticket to support as force closing did not fix the timer.
    Ahh I see! It's unclear whether they began working on the first chapter before Chapter 2 was released, though they posted about 3 hours after it came out (Redefix, if you're around, could you perhaps clarify if you happen to remember for peace of mind? 😅 )

Based on later clarifications that we can catch up if we fell behind but started "on time" (within 12 hours of release) but can't catch up to those who started within those first 12 hours after release if we started after that (like your 14.5 hrs late start), i'd expect they did start slightly before Chapter 2 was released- but will avoid making any assumptions to try to avoid compounding any confusion i've caused.
    I'm sorry if my initial responses made things confusing for you! 😥

Ack, Your event expiration timer still shows 0 days left? How weird, I hope s8 can help fix that for you! Good luck! ❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 12-05-20 at 09:16 PM.

I just read through forum and may have missed this but I finished chapter 3 and chapter 4 will open in a few hours however, I have been unable to get ANY striking gnomes to appear from farm houses for the last 12+ hours. There is no longer any adventures to do in queens court after completing what was required.
    I also know now that I should have waited to 'complete' my last task because nothing, and I mean nothing is dropping from tailors, poinsettias etc.
    Does this sound correct?
    Thanks!
    THANK YOU moderators & forum participants for the invaluable help!
    The trouble with trouble is, it starts out as fun
    FF ID: AaAPocos
    DS ID: CB's DraGoons
    CS ID: CB's Kingdom

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pocopicasso View Post
    I just read through forum and may have missed this but I finished chapter 3 and chapter 4 will open in a few hours however, I have been unable to get ANY striking gnomes to appear from farm houses for the last 12+ hours. There is no longer any adventures to do in queens court after completing what was required.
    I also know now that I should have waited to 'complete' my last task because nothing, and I mean nothing is dropping from tailors, poinsettias etc.
    Does this sound correct?
    Thanks!
    That's correct.
    In these Storybook Events, NOTHING (event related) drops or spawns in between Chapters.
    So the general advise is always to not complete the last Goal in your current Chapter, so you can continue collecting event resources.
    Remember at what time the next Chapter begins and only then finish the previous one.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 12-06-20 at 12:05 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodbar1961 View Post
    My fully grown trees are still NOT dropping anything.I grew them before I knew they would stop at 20 .I have forced closed.I wonder I upgraded the sleigh to level 3 and finished chapter 3 they would start dropping again.Any thoughts?
    When you finish Chapter 3 nothing drops (until you start Chapter 4), so that's not an option.
    We have to wait over an hour to find out what happens in Chapter 4 with the Poinsettie Tree drops.

I grew them before I read the forum (not smart ), so now I only have 20 Poinsettia Blossom, just like a lot of us.
    I do appreciate the warning and advise very much! Memo to self : ALWAYS read the forum before (during) playing!

I really like this event, it's a shame there are a few hiccups/ bugs. (and that it's weekend, and we have to be patience with a fix)

Rhino Keeper
    POINSETTIA SAPLINGS AND POINSETTIA TREES:

For all those worried about Saplings and Trees...

The drops from the Saplings do stop for awhile after they have grown into Trees.
    BUT
    Then the TREES continue to drop the Blossoms AND POLLEN which is needed for the other goals!!!

So you can continue with the storage & taking out of Saplings to get more Blossoms but need the Trees for the Pollen for later goals(Wreaths Chapter 7)... TREES ...give both but not always at the same time)

Do the Adventure ˋFeed the Striking Workers"as they give extra of Items needed!
    Last edited by kolakid; 12-06-20 at 01:11 AM.