Thread: Crate Algorithm

Rhino Keeper

Crate Algorithm

I?ve played this game for 8 years and I stopped playing for prizes in the crates back in 2015, unless it has some small item I want that I know I will definitely get. In all the years that I played the crates, I only got the main prize once, in all the hundreds of dollars I spent on them.

Yet, I see some people land the first place prizes pretty regularly. This is not going to entice people to pay to play if they are consistently denied the larger crate prizes. It has detoured me and more then a few of my neighbors.

While I realize Storm is in it to win it, you gotta throw a dog a bone sometimes to keep them coming back for more. Are some people just algorithmed out? Ive stopped spending money on the game unless it is the Holidays AND unless there is a sale and I can buy something out right.

I did play the sleigh crate during this BF sale because I wanted the ice trees and knew Id get those anyway since they are a common prize! I did get a second place prize for once, but still no 1st place. Irony of ironies? I didn?t even want those prizes. lol!

I hear you and agree 100% I spent an OBSCENE amount of money trying to get one particular 1st prize. (few hundred dollars) I kept thinking that after investing so much; I couldnt give up then. So dumb. I wont let myself buy crates anymore. Then I hear one of my neighbours got it on 2nd try. =/

Quote Originally Posted by LightAndLove83 View Post
    I?ve played this game for 8 years and I stopped playing for prizes in the crates back in 2015, unless it has some small item I want that I know I will definitely get. In all the years that I played the crates, I only got the main prize once, in all the hundreds of dollars I spent on them.

Yet, I see some people land the first place prizes pretty regularly. This is not going to entice people to pay to play if they are consistently denied the larger crate prizes. It has detoured me and more then a few of my neighbors.

While I realize Storm is in it to win it, you gotta throw a dog a bone sometimes to keep them coming back for more. Are some people just algorithmed out? Ive stopped spending money on the game unless it is the Holidays AND unless there is a sale and I can buy something out right.

I did play the sleigh crate during this BF sale because I wanted the ice trees and knew Id get those anyway since they are a common prize! I did get a second place prize for once, but still no 1st place. Irony of ironies? I didn?t even want those prizes. lol!
    The prizes you get are based on luck. No players are excluded from getting the main prize.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Nightclub Owner
    The way I understand it is that the odds of getting a specific prize are the same whether you open a box one time or if you open it ten times in a row. It's not like filling up a bingo card or clearing a scratch-off lottery ticket wherein each turn gets you closer to a 'winner' but rather each time you press the button your odds reset and you have a 1% chance of getting the 1st Place Prize and a 54% chance of getting a 4th Place Prize.

I'm neither a professional gambler nor a pro statistician but I hope I explained that okay; if not, I apologize, it made sense in my mind, lol.

Yep I just spent 100 gems on the chimney crate. Sadly I did get a second place prize only to realize that it?s super small

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    The way I understand it is that the odds of getting a specific prize are the same whether you open a box one time or if you open it ten times in a row. It's not like filling up a bingo card or clearing a scratch-off lottery ticket wherein each turn gets you closer to a 'winner' but rather each time you press the button your odds reset and you have a 1% chance of getting the 1st Place Prize and a 54% chance of getting a 4th Place Prize.

I'm neither a professional gambler nor a pro statistician but I hope I explained that okay; if not, I apologize, it made sense in my mind, lol.
    Nope, you made perfect sense. I just don’t understand why some players seem to always get the big prizes while only having to spend a relatively small amount, while others NEVER see the larger prizes EVER. I have had someone else explain it the same as well. It is a lot like a slot machine. But...well...it would be nice if they would throw you a bone once in a while. Guess I’ll continue to stay away from crates.

Rhino Keeper
    It is gambling. You pay your money, you takes your chances.

I won?t open a crate unless I am sure that I like all the stuff.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kayjco2 View Post
    It is gambling. You pay your money, you takes your chances.

I won?t open a crate unless I am sure that I like all the stuff.
    I agree. That is what I started doing long ago. I don’t ever bank on the larger prizes. I only play for the smaller ones. But it sure would be nice if I could land a larger prize once in a while. lol!