Thread: So how is everyone making out on the Black Friday sale?....

Rhino Keeper

So how is everyone making out on the Black Friday sale?....

I accomplished my main goal, which was to acquire an evolution temple and a nest. I was a bit disappointed that nests were not on sale, but I bit the bullet and bought one anyway. I do hate that I can?t take advantage of the GPDs that are on sale, but at this point I wouldn?t be able to afford the habitats anyway. I did purchase a few habitats simply because I liked them. There may be a couple of other things I buy. I haven?t decided yet. I assume the sale will go to at least Monday.

Fashion Designer
    I had been saving my gold for a couple of months and bought a gold producing dragon. I almost have enough for a habitat as well so I'm probably going to buy one of those also.

Glad you got another Evolution temple - that makes the game easier, as well as another nest.

Rhino Keeper
    Question on GPDs......Do they typically go on sale at other times during the year, or is it just on Black Friday?

At this point, having played for about a month and a half I am simply not in a position to buy one, but later on I should be in a position.

Fashion Designer
    They do go on sale ocassionally. Probably Christmas is the next time. Usually 2,000 gold is what you need when they are on sale, which is why I'm jumping on this 1600 one - wish I could buy 2 but I don't have enoug gold and spending that much on gold is out of my budget.

Do you have the gold producing dragon from the ticket temple yet? I would focus on that one before any others in the temple. Also, do you have 3 gold "buddies" yet? That will also help bump up your gold. I also downloaded and played every game they wanted me to for the gold rewards whn I first started.

Other than that, yeah, just keep saving and spend strategically. The evolution temple and nest are good investments as you will spend less gold to get more prizes during Leaderboard and World Event. If you want to focus on getting more GPD's, I would hold off on things like Breeding Roost and Diamond Temple - while they end up as permanent structures, you "active" them for a week by spending gold, other than that, they are just decoration. I have both and haven't used either in over a year. I have been focusing on getting the 5 dragon habitats since I am running out of space.

Rhino Keeper
    I bought all three gold producing dragons that were on sale, two marble key producing dragons, all the champion types that were on sale (I think there were 5?) and a fey caster dragon I think it?s called. Started with 10,500 gold and now have 60 lol

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deamon506 View Post
    I bought all three gold producing dragons that were on sale, two marble key producing dragons, all the champion types that were on sale (I think there were 5?) and a fey caster dragon I think it?s called. Started with 10,500 gold and now have 60 lol
    Wow. I?m saving all the gold I can. Hopefully I can accumulate that much at some point.

Nightclub Owner
    There are a lot of dragons on sale that I am trying/planning to buy but I have issues with space as well as timing since we can't store eggs we purchase. We need more land and we also need to be able to put purchased eggs in storage instead of being forced to hatch them immediately.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    There are a lot of dragons on sale that I am trying/planning to buy but I have issues with space as well as timing since we can't store eggs we purchase. We need more land and we also need to be able to put purchased eggs in storage instead of being forced to hatch them immediately.
    Are there any indications that more land may be available at some point?