Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: LEADERBOARD: Glitzy Gifts - 2020 Nov 27

  1. #1
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,629

    LEADERBOARD: Glitzy Gifts - 2020 Nov 27

    Name:  bsnwTuz.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  118.2 KB


    You earn leaderboard points for various tasks carried out on your island:
    - 3 points for every hour of breeding
    - 3 points for every hour of incubation (hatching)
    - 3 points for every hour of evolution
    - 2 points for every hour of harvesting
    - 1 point for every 500 food fed to your dragons
    - 20 points collected from the Snow Fowl every 2.5 hours
    - 60 points collected from the Snowfriend every 2.5 hours
    - 1000 points for hatching the Frostnight Dragon and raising it to level 10
    - 100-375 points for sending out your Cutesy Dragon on quests
    - 80 extra points for hatching a Breedable Ultra-rare dragon
    - 40 extra points for hatching a Breedable Super-rare dragon
    - 20 extra points for hatching a Breedable Rare dragon
    - 0 points for hatching a Breedable Common dragon

    Local Leaderboard

    Name:  dfO803d.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  56.2 KB


    Milestones
    tone Points & Prizes
    Rank Number & Prizes
    Points Prize Rank Prize
     12,500   Holiplay Dragon  1st  Joyfrost Dragon / Festive Gold Trophy 
     10,000  Menorah Dragon  2nd  Joyfrost Dragon / Festive Silver Trophy 
     7,500  5,000 Firapples  3rd  Festive Bronze Trophy / 25000 Food / 20 Mystic Maps 
     5,750  Mystery Chest  4th - 6th  35000 Coins / 20,000 Food / 10 Mystic Maps 
     4,250  Mystery Chest  7th - 12th  15000 Food / 25000 Coins 
     3,000  Snow Fowl  13th - 20th   10,000 Coins
     2,000  Mystery Chest
     1,250  5 Omega Crowns
     750  Snowfriend
     150  Mystery Chest

    Global Leaderboard
    Rank Prize
     1st  Festive Crystal Trophy / 1250 Gold / 1600 Essence 
     2nd  Festive Crystal Trophy / 1000 Gold / 1000 Essence
     3rd  500 Gold / 750 Essence
     4th-10th  100 Gold / 250 Essence
     11th-49th  100 Essence / 50 Mystic Maps / 250000 Food
     50th-100th  50 Essence / 25 Mystic Maps / 250000 Food
     101st-1000th  10 Essence / 10 Mystic Maps / 100000 Food
     1001st-2500th   10 Mystic Maps / 25000 Food
     2501st-5000th   5 Mystic Maps / 10000 Food
    Last edited by Paul__; 11-29-20 at 12:03 AM.


  2. #2
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    453
    I would be interested to know what some people?s strategy is on these leaderboards. As I look at it not even 24 hours after it started, I see some with 20, 30, 40, and one even 80k points. It would obviously take a lot of gold to accumulate that many points it that timeframe. I am not willing to go that crazy with gold. I?m not opposed to spending some, but not like these people have to be.

    At this early point of playing, my goal is to acquire the dragons, and that is essentially all. I?m not interested in winning the thing.

  3. #3

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffW60 View Post
    I would be interested to know what some people?s strategy is on these leaderboards. As I look at it not even 24 hours after it started, I see some with 20, 30, 40, and one even 80k points. It would obviously take a lot of gold to accumulate that many points it that timeframe. I am not willing to go that crazy with gold. I?m not opposed to spending some, but not like these people have to be.

    At this early point of playing, my goal is to acquire the dragons, and that is essentially all. I?m not interested in winning the thing.
    Hi it actually doesn?t take that much (and of course that depends on what you consider ?that much?) to achieve the 20k mark in the first day, I can say that I always start late to make sure I do t have any real competition on my board as it?s generally useless to even participate if you have on of the usual global top 12 on your board, once I know I don?t I then use a combo of my previously breed dragons(days planning before hand) on nests, days of revolution dragons taking at least 47hrs previously stated for event and then using a combo of boosts (breeding (using a specific combo), hatching, evolving and food) with the 2x boost applied, within an hour I know I can gain at the minimum 13,000 points and when I use my food 10x boost for the second hour I can gain another 5,000 or more. You add the additional amount for breeding the common dragon with the 50% boost and your on your way to the top, I always go all out on the first day it usually cost around 500gold sometimes even less and it usually scares the rest of the board lol but hey that just my strategy it?s done me well so far good luck to you
    Currently sitting 9th on global leaderboard

  4. #4
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    559
    @sophiesonsters - starting late is an interesting idea. How much later than the start of the event do you start? I am usually around at the start of the event so I start usually within the first half hour. I may try waiting longer to see if I get a less competitive group. I find generally if I always end at around 15K, I will fluctuate between first and 7th and a few leaderboards of 7th will put me with a less competitive crowd where I will finish in 1st without trouble. I don't have room for more dragons right now anyway, so I'm not hell bent on getting the prize dragon most times.

    As far as just getting to the 12.5K without gold, load up everything as much as possible. I have 3 nests right now so if I can, I will leave an egg with a long hatch time on a nest and just use the other two. I sacrifice a bit of Adventure League to load my evolution temples as well. For instance, I got a diamond dragon and I put him in storage until about 44 hours before leaderboard was starting, then set him up to evolve. I did the same with a 27 hour Elder dragon - I believe I got both during Community event so leaving them on the nest was not really an option.

    I don't always remember to load my food but when I do, I usually use a 5X boost and set up 5 hour Diamondates an hour before even start.

    If you set up correctly and use boosts and gold strategically, then it isn't as much - though as @sophiesonsters stated, it costs about 500 for the first day - players like this are also probably people that have all the gold producing dragons and GET 100 gold per day so they can afford it. That's why I don't worry about the global leaderboard and just look at my local leaderboard. If someone is at 20K in the first day, I don't even worry about getting first and just see what's what down the line. I only currently get about 30 gold per day and I prefer to spend it elsewhere.

    Keep in mind, I am a level 200 player who has been playing for years - all I'm saying by that is don't think there is some need to get to the top and remain there as you rank up - just play within your time, budget, and interest.

    EDTI: My biggest reason for setting up the nests/food/breeding den/evolution temple is to get the common dragon ASAP so I can send him on quests and gain points. I usually get him by the end of the second day and he's on the nest now. I still do try to breed him if I can but I set up and start crafting ASAP. I can get to 12.5K without using gold, it's whether or not I want to fight for a placing that causing me to or not to use gold.

  5. #5
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    @sophiesonsters - starting late is an interesting idea. How much later than the start of the event do you start? I am usually around at the start of the event so I start usually within the first half hour. I may try waiting longer to see if I get a less competitive group. I find generally if I always end at around 15K, I will fluctuate between first and 7th and a few leaderboards of 7th will put me with a less competitive crowd where I will finish in 1st without trouble. I don't have room for more dragons right now anyway, so I'm not hell bent on getting the prize dragon most times.

    As far as just getting to the 12.5K without gold, load up everything as much as possible. I have 3 nests right now so if I can, I will leave an egg with a long hatch time on a nest and just use the other two. I sacrifice a bit of Adventure League to load my evolution temples as well. For instance, I got a diamond dragon and I put him in storage until about 44 hours before leaderboard was starting, then set him up to evolve. I did the same with a 27 hour Elder dragon - I believe I got both during Community event so leaving them on the nest was not really an option.

    I don't always remember to load my food but when I do, I usually use a 5X boost and set up 5 hour Diamondates an hour before even start.

    If you set up correctly and use boosts and gold strategically, then it isn't as much - though as @sophiesonsters stated, it costs about 500 for the first day - players like this are also probably people that have all the gold producing dragons and GET 100 gold per day so they can afford it. That's why I don't worry about the global leaderboard and just look at my local leaderboard. If someone is at 20K in the first day, I don't even worry about getting first and just see what's what down the line. I only currently get about 30 gold per day and I prefer to spend it elsewhere.

    Keep in mind, I am a level 200 player who has been playing for years - all I'm saying by that is don't think there is some need to get to the top and remain there as you rank up - just play within your time, budget, and interest.

    EDTI: My biggest reason for setting up the nests/food/breeding den/evolution temple is to get the common dragon ASAP so I can send him on quests and gain points. I usually get him by the end of the second day and he's on the nest now. I still do try to breed him if I can but I set up and start crafting ASAP. I can get to 12.5K without using gold, it's whether or not I want to fight for a placing that causing me to or not to use gold.
    Good advice in there. Thanks for sharing it.

    I am learning little tricks over time. Like you, I focus more on the local leaderboard. No way I can hang with the global group. Right now I am in 1st place locally. Doesn?t seem to be an overly competitive group, so I think I?ll be able to stay at least in the top 2.

    To this point I haven?t gotten into Bingo that heavily. It seems that the tasks often interfere with whatever event is going on, so I haven?t learned how to work around that.

    Again, thanks for the advice.

  6. #6
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffW60 View Post
    Good advice in there. Thanks for sharing it.

    I am learning little tricks over time. Like you, I focus more on the local leaderboard. No way I can hang with the global group. Right now I am in 1st place locally. Doesn?t seem to be an overly competitive group, so I think I?ll be able to stay at least in the top 2.

    To this point I haven?t gotten into Bingo that heavily. It seems that the tasks often interfere with whatever event is going on, so I haven?t learned how to work around that.

    Again, thanks for the advice.
    So long as you are having fun with the game. The two reasons to participate in Bingo are boosts and tickets for the ticket temple. Once you have 240 tickets, you can get that Gold Horizon dragon, that produces gold - you also need 8M coins for his habitat so don't craft him until you have that! There are also some dragons that are not available through breeding that are in there. The boosts are nice to speed up hatching/breeding/evolving/harvesting.

    The breeding/hatching boosts are especially nice if you have something that's going to finish in the middle of your sleep cycle, so you can put something else on there. You can also use it to speed up for more points (leaderboard or Wold Event).

    It can also help in Bingo. For instance, I will use the 5X farming boost with rushrooms often. You can get 4-5 sets within an hour (you lose some time due to harvesting, replanting, and potentially missing whent he crops are done). If I get 4 within an hour, that means 4X2 points per hour of harvesting for leaderboard instead of just the 2 points in the hour. For a Bingo card like "plant 20 Rushrooms), I can accomplish that in one hour instead of 3 or 4.

    A good thing to know is that you can only have 8 of any boosts at a time, so you might as well use them!

    Keep in mind, whatever boost you use will work on everything of the same - all farms, all evolution temples, etc.

    For leaderboard, I never evolve the common dragon up to 10 right away. I wait and see where I am. If I am not anywhere special, I usually evolve him on the second to last day. If I need just a little boost, I will use a 10X evolution boost to help get the dragon up to 10 quickly (and make sure the dragon in the other temple has more than 10 hours left so I don't have to worry about him). If you hatch or evolve the common dragon after purchasing the 2X boost with gold, you will get 500 per evolution, instead of 250. So, if I need a lot, I will put the common on the 12 hour quest and when that's almost done, start the boost, finish the quest (2X there), start evolving, use one gold to finish the evolution, then just do the two others to get to 10 and get a total of 1500 instead of 750.

    I also hoard my food and will use a lot to raise dragons from level 7 to 9 to get all the points - then I get busy planting a lot during the next event and have those dragons (plus any duplicates I get, which I trade at level 4) in the evolution temple while I restock.

    I never jump ahead at the beginning but I do look at my board - anyone that uses gold on day 1 is willing to use gold on day 7 so I never try to chase them.

  7. #7
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    So long as you are having fun with the game. The two reasons to participate in Bingo are boosts and tickets for the ticket temple. Once you have 240 tickets, you can get that Gold Horizon dragon, that produces gold - you also need 8M coins for his habitat so don't craft him until you have that! There are also some dragons that are not available through breeding that are in there. The boosts are nice to speed up hatching/breeding/evolving/harvesting.

    The breeding/hatching boosts are especially nice if you have something that's going to finish in the middle of your sleep cycle, so you can put something else on there. You can also use it to speed up for more points (leaderboard or Wold Event).

    It can also help in Bingo. For instance, I will use the 5X farming boost with rushrooms often. You can get 4-5 sets within an hour (you lose some time due to harvesting, replanting, and potentially missing whent he crops are done). If I get 4 within an hour, that means 4X2 points per hour of harvesting for leaderboard instead of just the 2 points in the hour. For a Bingo card like "plant 20 Rushrooms), I can accomplish that in one hour instead of 3 or 4.

    A good thing to know is that you can only have 8 of any boosts at a time, so you might as well use them!

    Keep in mind, whatever boost you use will work on everything of the same - all farms, all evolution temples, etc.

    For leaderboard, I never evolve the common dragon up to 10 right away. I wait and see where I am. If I am not anywhere special, I usually evolve him on the second to last day. If I need just a little boost, I will use a 10X evolution boost to help get the dragon up to 10 quickly (and make sure the dragon in the other temple has more than 10 hours left so I don't have to worry about him). If you hatch or evolve the common dragon after purchasing the 2X boost with gold, you will get 500 per evolution, instead of 250. So, if I need a lot, I will put the common on the 12 hour quest and when that's almost done, start the boost, finish the quest (2X there), start evolving, use one gold to finish the evolution, then just do the two others to get to 10 and get a total of 1500 instead of 750.

    I also hoard my food and will use a lot to raise dragons from level 7 to 9 to get all the points - then I get busy planting a lot during the next event and have those dragons (plus any duplicates I get, which I trade at level 4) in the evolution temple while I restock.

    I never jump ahead at the beginning but I do look at my board - anyone that uses gold on day 1 is willing to use gold on day 7 so I never try to chase them.
    Good stuff there. Thanks

    I don?t go crazy with the boosters. But I?ve learned that it is a good idea to maybe use some gold every morning during the leaderboard when your evolution temples, nests, breeding dens, and food are done in order to get that 2x. Also, I make sure a quest is complete every morning as well.

  8. #8
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,629
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffW60 View Post
    Good stuff there. Thanks

    I don?t go crazy with the boosters. But I?ve learned that it is a good idea to maybe use some gold every morning during the leaderboard when your evolution temples, nests, breeding dens, and food are done in order to get that 2x. Also, I make sure a quest is complete every morning as well.
    Boosters usually go on sale the last day or two of the event if you didn’t know already.


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    Boosters usually go on sale the last day or two of the event if you didn’t know already.
    Is the sale exclusive for iOS? because I always get the pop-up banner saying they are on sale, but every single time I looked at it, it was the same amount as the other days (7 gold for a 1.5x boost for 1h and 30 gold for a 2x boost for 3 hours). I don't know if it is a visual bug only or if it is a problem with Android.

  10. #10
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by claupcosta View Post
    Is the sale exclusive for iOS? because I always get the pop-up banner saying they are on sale, but every single time I looked at it, it was the same amount as the other days (7 gold for a 1.5x boost for 1h and 30 gold for a 2x boost for 3 hours). I don't know if it is a visual bug only or if it is a problem with Android.
    I'm on Android and when boosts go on sale mine will show 15 gold. The 2x boost is for 2 hrs, not 3. The boosts will go on sale at the same time as everything else goes on sale on the next sale date after LB starts. So with this LB, it started Fri and next sale will be Tues at 10:30am Pacific time. When LB starts Tues, boost sale should be Fri.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •