Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 11/19: Whipped Into Shape | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    I'm hoping some luck of the forum will rub of on me because its been around 3 days and I have only gotten one utensil from the Fae Kitchen. Its a little disheartening

Fashion Designer
    Oof i'm sorry! 😥 It really is. Good luck!! 🥰❤️❤️

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by midninghtcm View Post
    I'm hoping some luck of the forum will rub of on me because its been around 3 days and I have only gotten one utensil from the Fae Kitchen. Its a little disheartening
    I can imagine! I wish you a lot of Castle Story luck
    That goes for everyone still trying to finish.. my best wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    I'm at 371 out of 500 Chef's Hats for my first chef craft. Collected Myra with 6 days left to go.
    Chef Gnome is still spawning from Farmhouses for me since the fix but sometimes it takes 2 passes through my 8 Farmhouses to get 1. The Chef Troll never came back in Plots to my knowledge (disappointed, S8!)

I've been in that weird "I really want at least the Chef Gnome, I thought I could do 1 of each but Nope- and i've already spent so much energy so what's a (lot) more... but do I really want to spend More when I still might not finish" phase.
    I'll have to put all my daily energy regen in to this if I want to finish. Aww ��

Good luck to everyone still slogging through! ��❤️
    I have no idea what S8 intended with these requirements... (were we to spoiled?)
    For me it ruined my enjoyment of the entire event (well... the required Hats + all the randomness in drops AND prizes)
    (+it was crippling that the Troll Chef stopped spawning from plots post event... and it didn't get fixed for some reason )
    I hope S8 doesn't repeat this 'event structure' again.. Not a success in my opinion. To many sad and frustrated players

Good luck stormaurora!

Does anyone know if the size of the Cheff's has been adjusted?
    I finally reached the 500 (not fun!) and if the Gnome stays 'mushroom size' I don't want him. But if he's Gnome size I probably do...
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 11-29-20 at 04:15 AM.

Fashion Designer
    It really felt like "here, stay busy." Oop they're gone.

We still don't know how to get the perma Sweet Tooth. (If it exists)

I got used to the idea that, because i've spent real $ on Energy droppers to try to allow myself to finish Events early and still make Questline progress at the same time as collecting from my purchased expansion supply droppers, I should be able to earn All Prizes no problem.
    Not true with this.
    I'm going to have to focus 100% of my energy on hats to earn even 1 grind prize, which means no making progress on Part III and no chopping cranberries for one last adventure. (No more chances for a Jadon, Anika, or a Cranberry Pony. 😥 ) but at least this way i'm sorta guaranteed to walk away with something? The chef prizes aren't even that good, I just want one! 😂
    I'm just surprised that someone who plays all day and has extra energy droppers (me) is still struggling unless they give 100% to one thing. Spoiled, maybe (i'm literally whining that I can't multi-task 😂 ). Someone with no Energy droppers who can't do this level of grind, and who might have bad luck with the super rare drops, could end up walking away with Just Myra. She's really pretty but when was the last time we could only reliably earn ONE event prize? 😥

I understand that some people who are finished with everything might appreciate something to do, but it seems like they're either deciding it's not worth their valuable energy (grind prize's drops not worth it) or they did it for completion's sake (cute art) but didn't enjoy it.
    Folks without time who spent $ to try to make up for it are still struggling on the basic Event progress (referring to last page's comment with 100's of Ali's but no Utensils 😥 Only choice to spend gems, really? ), and folks with time and energy are stuck in a non-enjoyable grind.

I like variety, and I understand that maybe the grind portion was actually meant to be a challenge (lots of people found that the actual Main Event- earning Myra- fell under their usual energy use rate? So the main line, despite its low drop rates and high frustration factor, was supposed to be easier?) but like you said it really just kinda sours the event for me.

If the trend continues i'm not going to keep flinging $ around to chase a moving target.

I know it's the Holidays for some around the world (so they should have left us with an easy clear event with no problems, hm? ), i'll step off my little soap box just wanted to vent a little. ❤️

Have fun all (if possible)! 😊❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 11-29-20 at 05:03 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I was beginning to wonder myself why I was not getting the last utensil. I don’t know why the current developers want to make this so NOT enjoyable. I started playing this game when it was fairly new and it was really fun and noncompetitive. I liked that.

Fashion Designer
    I'm really hoping it's good intentions (really rare drops feel good when they finally appear, and maybe they're going for relief and euphoria when it finally does appear, but waiting for a necessary drop when it's a limited Time event is soo frustrating and then not knowing it's going to be SO rare in advance is stressful; give people a grind element as something to do on the side; and then add most of the objectively good prizes to a "super rare drop" adventure or pay-to-try-to-win loot box is just too much random chance! for one event) executed poorly.

I should be greatful I managed to finish on my standard day, but because I've spent real $ trying to at least have fun playing (and catch up a bit) i'm really not pleased with just that.

It's just a game, and if it gets too frustrating we should all walk away, but i'm frustrated because I WANT TO PLAY! ☹️❤️

Please don't chase us away. ☹️

(I really hoped they'd answer about Sweet Tooth too, if it's a super super rare adventure prize I just wanted to know so i'd stop checking for an answer that wasn't coming).
    Good luck to everyone still working, and i'm sorry for harping on again. Just... confused. 😣

Rhino Keeper
    You make a great point Stormaurora. Over the many years I have played Castle Story I have spent money not so much for items but to support them. When things get stingy in a game so do my purse strings. I stopped playing Fantasy Forest Story several years ago and have not been as active recently in Dragon Story when all the money I have spent in the past has not helped me. Castle Story is my last hope in continuing to play a game I have really enjoyed these many years.

Executive Chef
    Just reporting in that I got 10 energy from Myra this morning.

Rhino Keeper
    Got Myra and two little cranberry guys and I am happy! I am going to stop and not try for a chef pet. I am far away from the hat count needed and do not want to waste more energy. I am so happy with this event, my fave in a long time!

Farm Supplier
    I used gems to buy the last utensil because I was tired of waiting. Also, in all honesty it seems like the developers don?t really care about us game players. You would think that they?d value us a little more. Just cruel and unfair.