Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 11/19: Whipped Into Shape | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    I really, really wanted at least 1 Gnome Chef. But it took 10 days to get 300 hats so I gave up. I wouldn't have minded fighting so many monsters in a non Monster Hunt if the ratio of Event monsters to regular ones was higher. I am considering skipping at least the next event; I have been so alternately bored & stressed. And Quick Collect isn't working, it crashes the game. 20 chops and it crashes Quick Collect? Ugh.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Fashion Designer
    I had some extra energy saved up and am retired now, so I was able to babysit the game and keep chopping, gathering, and fighting to get the needed resources. I agree the drops and spawning has not been great. Overall, I was able to complete this sooner than I would the typical event like this where when upgrade some new building at 2, 3, 4, 5, and 8 quantities of each resource. I had around 300 chef hats when the event was completed. I did go for the 500 to get a gnome chef. However, even as I was using so much energy to get the last 200 chef hats, I knew it probably wasn't a great use of energy. Yet, S8 knows we like the challenge of accomplishing goals. I did finish, but in hindsight, I probably should have saved the energy for the next event.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

I just have to vent.
    This game has been so tedious. So much time ****ing dire boars to get any troll chefs and I got really behind. Not to mention the game seems to want to crash more and more the last week or so. The fangbeasts and farmhouses were tedious but the troll spawns were so non-existent, I was convinced I would still be on the 1st 12 needed after the two weeks.

I persisted.
    So, after all the time invested in getting the troll chefs needed I had already given up on getting enough hats for that prize. But I was going to be able to complete the event. I double checked all my jam, juice and bread requirements and set those to crafting. I had been low on gems after using most of them to finish the last event and with the sale (which I skipped because of having spent so many gems already) My drops from the fae kitchen were also horrible often getting nothing. The feast with the Baron mostly dropped nothing of use except juice that I lost when the game reset, and a juice after I had them all crafted.

So I had everything crafted, baking finished and I went to "give all the elements" only to be short one jam. I know I set it to craft but I can only guess that it was before one of the resets or crashes because I was one short...... I have noticed that the crashes/resets seem to be undoing/rolling back more and more actions when they happen which is why it probably didn't occur to me that it hadn't crafted - stupidity, and I don't always reenter afterwards.

I would still have just enough time if I hadn't set the cauldron to craft one last baron feast since I had the items to do it. I knew I shouldn't have done it because I would have to use a gem or two to finish it before the event ended but I was hoping for a berry character.
    So after using all the gems I did have for fae kitchen speed ups because after several days I just wasn't getting the drops - my 6 remaining gems is not enough to speed up the cauldron and the jam which should have been done already.

So - I wasted a bunch of gems to end up with another unfinished event and what I really wanted was the scrolls after those timelines sitting for so long.

I can't even delete the cauldron and buy a new one to craft the jam and just waste those ingredients in the cauldron for the feast. This is sooooo frustrating and makes me wonder why I bother.

I even thought about buying the few gems to finish which I really didn't want to do right now - but the smallest offer is 120 for $5 and I don't want to spend that much for gems that often go missing from accidental clicks, especially when I just need a few - if the adventures had dropped anything the last so many days, if I had squeezed in one more gem trade before the shortened timer ended ..... Honestly I shouldn't have had to do as many speed ups on the fae kitchen as I did, those drops were just terrible.

this is so frustrating .... all the ingredients given except that one missing jam - and there goes all the work put in for this event because I didn't double check that all the items were in inventory and only went off of my list for setting things to craft .... arrrgh!

so that is my vent ......

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by H1D1H1 View Post
    I am not going to get the little chef or the troll chef ..☹️ Only on 434 chefs hats and its already late at night in my time zone. First event in a long time I wasn?t able to finish. Couldn?t do it without the troll chef spawning from plots as I wasn?t able to babysit the game all day long.
    I really worked at it and finally got enough hats to craft one chef in my primary game. With less than one hour left, I?m at 480 hats in my secondary game. I might be going down, but I?m going down fighting. Best of luck to us both

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    I did finally finish today. I'll share some thoughts I have. I don't understand why S8 sets a more difficult event at a time that usually has more demands on us in real life. I don't think people would be more willing to buy gems to finish the event if they ran out of time because I think most people bought as many gems as their wallet would allow for the Black Friday sale (which I think was a smashing success). The sweettooth placed in the market for 500 gems in my opinion wasn't successful because of this. I don't think many people would be left with 500 gems to buy her. I do like her drop table but think she is overpriced.

I did like the general idea of this event. I think the execution was too lengthy getting to the reward and timing felt way off with so many different timers. I think any time we have random drop items paired with long crafting timers it becomes stressful. Add in the amount of energy it takes to spawn and fight the chefs and an uncertainty on how long it will take. Add in multiple timers with Ivy twice a day, Fae kitchen at 4 hours (including multiple collects without receiving an item), two 8 hour crafts, several 4 and 2 hour crafts and many 30 minute crafts (first slow down and wait for 16 hours then hurry and craft every 30 minutes) and you end up heavily monitoring the game with a lot of uncertainty. While I can appreciate the effort put in to make an event interesting, I think most folks do better without so much going on, especially during the holidays.

The requirement for 500 chefs hats was too great. I wanted both chefs but am only at 310 hats and ran short on time. So no chefs for me. The limit of 4 per chef seems.....not very doable. I'd guess the majority of people didn't get two, and several didn't even get one. I would be interested to see how many chefs people wanted and how many they were able to get.

The artwork is amazing. Despite the stress of the timers, I liked crafting the items in the Fae Kitchen because I enjoyed the story line, and the items to be crafted were so festive and beautiful. I liked the new idea of spawns from garden plots. I ended up with Anika...meep....what an adorable nod to Phineus and Ferb. I also received the cranberry arch and finished Myra. The magic cauldron and magic stove are cute enough I am planning on keeping them displayed. I hate that I missed out on the little boy cranberry faerie and the cute pony. But I understand we can't always get every reward.

I do like my rewards and appreciate the work that y'all constantly put into this game. My overall feeling for this event isn't as positive as I could wish.
    Last edited by TeikaEmberstorm; 12-02-20 at 07:05 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    I did it! Power of the post! With minutes to spare, I was able to get a chef in each game!

Executive Chef
    Congrats gridgirl!!

On a separate note...
    No Jaydon despite sending Baron’s Feasts crafts all week.
    And my last craft disappeared post-event.
    Ah well, no berry boy for me.
    Drop rate was definitely waaaay too low.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post
    I did finally finish today. I'll share some thoughts I have. I don't understand why S8 sets a more difficult event at a time that usually has more demands on us in real life. I don't think people would be more willing to buy gems to finish the event if they ran out of time because I think most people bought as many gems as their wallet would allow for the Black Friday sale (which I think was a smashing success). The sweettooth placed in the market for 500 gems in my opinion wasn't successful because of this. I don't think many people would be left with 500 gems to buy her. I do like her drop table but think she is overpriced.
    There was a Sweettooth in the Market? How did I miss that? I play every day! Never saw a popup or anything. I really wanted that one but you are right, probably wouldn't have spent the 500 gems on it. That's outrageous for those drops.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    There was a Sweettooth in the Market? How did I miss that? I play every day! Never saw a popup or anything. I really wanted that one but you are right, probably wouldn't have spent the 500 gems on it. That's outrageous for those drops.

It was added without notice a little before "Yesterday at 7:30am" Forum time (first player post alerting others), so it really wasn't up for long. They didn't add it until the last day, probably only after SpiritWind sent the question in (again?)

We don't know if it was always supposed to be there for sale or if it was just a last-minute solution / mistake correction. 😊
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 12-03-20 at 09:30 AM.

Farm Supplier
    They added it last minute, and didn?t include it during the Black Friday deals because they wanted people to spend money last minute ($20) to get the sweet tooth.
    Storm8 wanted us to feel under pressure and waste money for this very hard, and unfair event.