Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Requesting Parts

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    No, each new request sent out cancels out the one before it regardless of the total requests you received the previous day.
    Exactly. You're losing some of the value of having secondary restaurants by not checking in with them every day you've requested from them. I mean, you can still argue that it shouldn't be that way if you want, but it always has been. But I'd also point out that now that you know, it's an easily fixed issue as to your own restaurants, and probably was never a problem with the requests you made of your neighbors, assuming they're active players they likely would have seen your request and accepted it on the day you sent it.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mogglo View Post
    When I use "delivering" I am specifically referring to the time it takes for a request for parts sent by me to appear in my neighbour's game. If I request 20 parts from my neighbours, those 20 requests should ideally appear in my neighbours' news feed (allowing variations for timezones), minutes after they are sent, not as long as 4 to 7 days later. We need between 12 and 40 parts to build goal appliances so I'd hope that there would be urgency to ensure that my neighbours receive my parts requests and that I receive theirs. If players are within the maximum stipulated by the game guidelines, there should be no days-long delay. I made no mention of how long neighbours take to fill requests as that is a separate topic. "Linger in the system" must be one of the causes of players' inability to complete goals. The company's hardware capacity must match the volume of traffic between players' devices and the game's servers.
    I, as well, made no mention of my neighbors timing on answering requests. That said, I have other accounts to gage the number of requests that are being answered and my neighbors usually inform me of whether or not they have received one from me. (I have great neighbors) If they say they haven?t and I send one out from my extra account to my main account, it usually never finds its way to me either. I have requests from neighbors that will show up saying they are 2 hours old after I just logged out and back in, 30 minutes later, with no request having been there when I logged out 30 minutes prior. This is disturbing!

Also, lately, I?m only receiving 17 gifts on the first day of goal, and various times in between. This has happened with last two goals. As well, I don?t dare decline a gift for fear I?ll lose that slot. Meaning, I will not be able to receive another gift in its place. A LOT of my neighbors are complaining of the same thing.

Quite a few have quit because they feel they are being forced to ?pay to play.? It has become an ongoing theme.

Note: You might also keep an eye on parts made through cooking. I have witnessed one or two disappear or not show up after collecting them. The game seems to degrade more and more, week by week. So sad.

Rhino Keeper
    I do want to send out a consideration...

I have had to change devices at least 3 or 4 times since beginning the game. On reflection, these problems started after logging in thru a new device several times. Another issue? I’ve changed my name several times as well. Neighbors tell me that my old name shows up in their news feed and it makes me wonder if it isn’t confusing the system, although quite a few of my neighbors have had the same name since starting.

Rhino Keeper
    I don?t turn down gifts anymore, unless I?m feeling frisky. I always regret it. Because of the same reason you mentioned. It won?t let me receive another once I?ve declined it, so instead of 20 gifts, I may receive only 19, or sometimes less, depending on the number I decline.

Rhino Keeper
    [QUOTE=twospoons;1635131]Do you turn down gifts? I know others have said they're seeing a thing now where if they turn down a gift that's it, if someone later tries to send them a gift it doesn't get delivered even though they've only actually kept some of the 20 they got and tossed the others.

I don?t decline anymore because, yes, you don?t receive a replacement gift. I have had an interesting thing happen to me in the last couple of months...

Two or three times, as I was collecting gifts, the game went into processing mode, and then as I was counting and collecting, I ended up collecting 30 gifts. Some of them weren?t goal gifts! It?s like the missing gifts from prior goals or days, just showed up out of the blue? So there is definitely an issue. It has nothing to do with neighbors or anything I?m doing. I have become very mindful about the things I do in the game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12