Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Requesting Parts

  1. #1
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    403

    Requesting Parts

    When I started playing this game, 7 years ago, we received 20 gifts and could send 20 requests. Now, since the new goal structure, I am still able to receive 20 gifts, but only 12 requests.

    Is this an bug/issue or did Storm8 change this?

  2. #2
    Nightclub Owner
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    5,443
    It is still 20 and 20 but it can seem like less if you request from more than 20 Neighbors each day due to the surplus requests carrying over.

  3. #3
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    403
    I don’t request more then 20. I never have. So now, I’m finding I have yet another bug in my game. *sigh*

    I might also add that at the beginning of every goal, I never get more then 19 gifts. Sometimes, only 18. I emailed Storm about it, and they said they could find no problem. *smh*

  4. #4
    Farm Supplier
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    A peaceful sunshiny speck of dust in the Caribbean
    Posts
    63
    I've observed an issue with the game "delivering" material requests. I have several restaurants - I log into my main restaurant several times daily and the extra restaurants I log into at least four times a week. I only do goals in my main restaurant and NEVER send material requests to more than 20 neighbours (I count as I'm ticking the boxes to ensure that I don't go over 20). I've seen material requests from my main restaurant show up in my extra restaurants as long as 4-7 days later. This happens even if I log into an extra restaurant minutes or hours after sending the request from my main restaurant. There should never be any days-long delay in sending my material request because I never ever exceed 20. This is especially frustrating during goals where the appliances require as many as 72 parts to build. The issue is compounded by the disproportionate dropping of collectibles. An example is 48, 31, 19 and 2 of the four items needed. There is nothing "random" about that. These are very unusual game features.

  5. #5
    Farm Supplier
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    A peaceful sunshiny speck of dust in the Caribbean
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by LightAndLove83 View Post
    I don’t request more then 20. I never have. So now, I’m finding I have yet another bug in my game. *sigh*

    I might also add that at the beginning of every goal, I never get more then 19 gifts. Sometimes, only 18. I emailed Storm about it, and they said they could find no problem. *smh*
    I've observed an issue with the game "delivering" material requests. I have several restaurants - I log into my main restaurant several times daily and the extra restaurants I log into at least four times a week. I only do goals in my main restaurant and NEVER send material requests to more than 20 neighbours (I count as I'm ticking the boxes to ensure that I don't go over 20). I've seen material requests from my main restaurant show up in my extra restaurants as long as 4-7 days later. This happens even if I log into an extra restaurant minutes or hours after sending the request from my main restaurant. There should never be any days-long delay in sending my material request because I never ever exceed 20. This is especially frustrating during goals where the appliances require as many as 72 parts to build. The issue is compounded by the disproportionate dropping of collectibles. An example is 48, 31, 19 and 2 of the four items needed. There is nothing "random" about that. These are very unusual game features.

  6. #6
    Nightclub Owner
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    5,443
    Even if you don't request more than 20, the requests can still linger in the system if those original 20 requests are not are filled on the first day.

  7. #7
    Farm Supplier
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    A peaceful sunshiny speck of dust in the Caribbean
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Even if you don't request more than 20, the requests can still linger in the system if those original 20 requests are not are filled on the first day.
    When I use "delivering" I am specifically referring to the time it takes for a request for parts sent by me to appear in my neighbour's game. If I request 20 parts from my neighbours, those 20 requests should ideally appear in my neighbours' news feed (allowing variations for timezones), minutes after they are sent, not as long as 4 to 7 days later. We need between 12 and 40 parts to build goal appliances so I'd hope that there would be urgency to ensure that my neighbours receive my parts requests and that I receive theirs. If players are within the maximum stipulated by the game guidelines, there should be no days-long delay. I made no mention of how long neighbours take to fill requests as that is a separate topic. "Linger in the system" must be one of the causes of players' inability to complete goals. The company's hardware capacity must match the volume of traffic between players' devices and the game's servers.


  8. #8
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,159
    Quote Originally Posted by LightAndLove83 View Post
    I might also add that at the beginning of every goal, I never get more then 19 gifts. Sometimes, only 18. I emailed Storm about it, and they said they could find no problem. *smh*
    Do you turn down gifts? I know others have said they're seeing a thing now where if they turn down a gift that's it, if someone later tries to send them a gift it doesn't get delivered even though they've only actually kept some of the 20 they got and tossed the others.

    Quote Originally Posted by mogglo View Post
    I've seen material requests from my main restaurant show up in my extra restaurants as long as 4-7 days later. This happens even if I log into an extra restaurant minutes or hours after sending the request from my main restaurant.
    Just for my own clarity, you mean you see old requests in your extra restaurants even on days when you've sent a new request? I have several restaurants too, and do see old requests pop up, but not on days when I've made a new request.

  9. #9
    Farm Supplier
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    A peaceful sunshiny speck of dust in the Caribbean
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Just for my own clarity, you mean you see old requests in your extra restaurants even on days when you've sent a new request? I have several restaurants too, and do see old requests pop up, but not on days when I've made a new request.
    I've noticed it a few days before the end of a goal when I'm no longer building appliances and no longer need the part. Based on the game guidelines, shouldn't we be able to have multiple requests from neighbour X show up in our feed if they were sent on different days? If I sent a parts request to neighbour X on Monday 4pm and another on Tuesday 9am (assume my game resets at 12am daily), if neighbour X logs into his game on Tuesday 2pm, shouldn't he see two requests from me? Monday's request was 1 of 20 I was allowed on Monday, and Tuesday's request was 1 of 20 I was allowed on Tuesday. Tuesday's request should not override/cancel Monday's request; if it does then players are being robbed of some of their 20 allowed requests. Combine this with the observation you've described above about declined gifts. These "features" only retard players' progress during goals.


  10. #10
    Nightclub Owner
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    5,443
    Quote Originally Posted by mogglo View Post
    I've noticed it a few days before the end of a goal when I'm no longer building appliances and no longer need the part. Based on the game guidelines, shouldn't we be able to have multiple requests from neighbour X show up in our feed if they were sent on different days? If I sent a parts request to neighbour X on Monday 4pm and another on Tuesday 9am (assume my game resets at 12am daily), if neighbour X logs into his game on Tuesday 2pm, shouldn't he see two requests from me? Monday's request was 1 of 20 I was allowed on Monday, and Tuesday's request was 1 of 20 I was allowed on Tuesday. Tuesday's request should not override/cancel Monday's request; if it does then players are being robbed of some of their 20 allowed requests. Combine this with the observation you've described above about declined gifts. These "features" only retard players' progress during goals.
    No, each new request sent out cancels out the one before it regardless of the total requests you received the previous day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •