Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Download

Lightbulb Game Download

Hello

I need to download Dragon Story in order to unlock goals in another Storm 8 game however I'm not able to find Dragon Story in the Google play store. HELP!!!

Community Manager [S8] Vanellope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphiredevil83 View Post
    Hello

I need to download Dragon Story in order to unlock goals in another Storm 8 game however I'm not able to find Dragon Story in the Google play store. HELP!!!
    If you're experiencing any issues with your account, please submit a ticket to Support at Storm8!

Link is in my signature

Executive Chef
    She doesn't seem to be having issues with her account. She is trying to find Dragon Story in Google Play store.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

I'm not having problems with my storm account... I can't find Dragon Story to download it..

Rhino Keeper
    I read in another thread that it is no longer available in google play store.

Banned
    I wrote to support trying to get DS put back..this is last note I got from them:

Google changed the requirements for the apps that appear in the Play Store and Dragon Story, being an older game, does not meet technical requirements. For this reason, the game is no longer available for download.

While I can't speculate on future updates to the game, I'll send your concerns onto our development team for discussion. Thanks!

......they did say if you currently play DS, you may be able to log in with that of ID to load it but I couldn't do that. Finally just copied data from old tablet to new one but that brought old unwanted stuff too.shame they don't seem to care so much about the game.

Executive Chef
    So Android players are being given the offer to download more S8 games to earn gold, but they can't actually do it. Let that sink in. They also can't get daily videos to help them get coins, food, etc, to advance in the game, nor can they get videos to skip wait times in tournaments. Too bad S8 doesn't care about *all* of their players.

I have both an iPhone and an Android. I started making my purchases through the Google Play store in order to earn rewards (Google play money). Imagine my surprise when I learned that I can't actually use those rewards to purchase gold for S8 games. I had about $50 credit and couldn't get any gold for my games. This really stinks.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Banned
    S8 was bought by Stillfront, I think last Feb. When I saw DS not in play store, I checked S8 webpage and then Stillfront. They only show Home Design and Property Bros and I saw comments that Stillfront likes those types of games where you do matching to accomplish goals in the other part of the game. So I wonder if that's the direction they're going and all the other games are or will be orphans. ..?

Also, they won't say but I wonder if part of the issue with Android DS is they can't get the videos to work properly which may be why they removed that option from tourneys and since they can't do pop up videos for click thrus they don't get income and could that be requirement to be in playstore?

I say that because Fantasy is almost as old and it's in playstore yet. Very odd and disappointing. These are just my musings and I could be totally wrong...it would be nice if S8 actually explained it all to us.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfs04 View Post
    S8 was bought by Stillfront, I think last Feb. When I saw DS not in play store, I checked S8 webpage and then Stillfront. They only show Home Design and Property Bros and I saw comments that Stillfront likes those types of games where you do matching to accomplish goals in the other part of the game. So I wonder if that's the direction they're going and all the other games are or will be orphans. ..?

Also, they won't say but I wonder if part of the issue with Android DS is they can't get the videos to work properly which may be why they removed that option from tourneys and since they can't do pop up videos for click thrus they don't get income and could that be requirement to be in playstore?

I say that because Fantasy is almost as old and it's in playstore yet. Very odd and disappointing. These are just my musings and I could be totally wrong...it would be nice if S8 actually explained it all to us.
    I agree - some explanations would be great, but they seem to have abandoned us, even the forum, save for some help from Vanellope. I was told by one of the mods - can't remember who now - that we can still refer to them as Storm8 even though Stillfront bought them. I did see the article about them preferring the matching games and making millions of dollars on them versus hundreds of thousands on DS. I think DS was their 8th most profitable game at the time, which I think would warrant them to continue the game. I must say that I have loved the latest new dragons and habitats! There for a while they were getting a bit repetitive, in my opinion. Now I'm excited about getting these pretty new dragons and habitats. But.................they haven't given us any land expansion, so what is the future of the game?

I'm surprised FS is still showing up in the store. I thought we got a message in the FS forum that it would no longer be available in Google Play, but I may be misremembering.

ETA: I went into FFS forum and found this message from Elsa: "[Android] Fantasy Forest can not be reinstalled from the Google Play Store.
    If you play Fantasy Forest Story on Android, please be aware that effective immediately you will not be able to install the game again from the Google Play Store if you remove it from your device. Unfortunately, due to a compatibility issue, we can no longer serve the app on the store.

While there may be other methods to install the game on Android devices, please note that these methods aren't supported by Storm8 and we will not be able to offer technical support for installations from unauthorized sources."

Banned
    I just went to play store and found 2 versions called FS magic moments n true love. I tried loading both and got playing versions as opposed to a stub saying obsolete version as you get in real old DS.

Interestg tho, magic moments came in as a starter game but true love which I think I may have had on tablet came in on my old game.

Castle still seems out there but I didnt try installing any versions. I really wish they'd be open and say what requirements the game doesn't meet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast