Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking advice from the veterans.......

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffW60 View Post
    I?ve read that there is likely to be a Black Friday sales event upcoming. I am a new player ( Currently Level 20 ), and would like to hear thoughts on how to most wisely spend gold. I am saving all I get and might even purchase some if a gold sale comes my way. Is it wise to buy habitats? Is there a must have, hard to get dragon I should consider buying?

Or should I just skip the sales event altogether and sit on the gold and keep saving?

Any advice is welcome and appreciated.
    In my opinion a new player should try to hoard as much gold as possible. If you can afford to spend real money for gold on sale, okay but while it takes longer you don’t need to. I do think that at your level, you really don’t need to go overboard buying habitats and certainly not habitats that cost gold.There are limits as to how many habitats you can have and eventually, you will need to think about that. That is when it pays to purchase habitats that can hold five or maybe even six dragons.for gold when they are on sale.I buy a habitat that holds 5 dragons, move 3 from a single color habitat into the new habitat. Then I sell the old single color habitat and move the new one to the old one’s space.As a level 20 player, you don’t need to worry about that yet. Hoard your gold, gather and spend coins wisely and try and gather as many apples as possible. Most important, just have fun

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by claupcosta View Post
    How often the stable and nest/evolution goes on sale? Do you have any idea?
    Right now the game is telling me the stable is 25 and the nest is 250. I am in doubt if I should wait for a sale to come up or if I should just buy it as soon as I have enough for both the nest and stable.
    I corrected price of stable in my comment. Sale should be about 12 for first purchase holding 5 dragons.

I really would wait for a sale. Nests, chamber and stable often are in bigger sales so I would think Black Friday is good bet for those. Spending 125 on nest is a lot better than normal 250.

While it's hard waiting, dragons is a waiting type of game..wait for breeding to be done, wait for eggs to hatch, dragons evolve and accumulate points. So I think waiting and pacing purchases and not rushing is the way to go. Play too fast, spend too much gold or coins , you can paint yourself into corner...been there.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfs04 View Post
    I corrected price of stable in my comment. Sale should be about 12 for first purchase holding 5 dragons.

I really would wait for a sale. Nests, chamber and stable often are in bigger sales so I would think Black Friday is good bet for those. Spending 125 on nest is a lot better than normal 250.

While it's hard waiting, dragons is a waiting type of game..wait for breeding to be done, wait for eggs to hatch, dragons evolve and accumulate points. So I think waiting and pacing purchases and not rushing is the way to go. Play too fast, spend too much gold or coins , you can paint yourself into corner...been there.
    I totally agree. Save up for Black Friday. Nests and evolution chambers and so forth are almost certain to be on sale then. And I've also made the mistake of using up all my food or all my coins when just getting started. i'm on my 4th account now, so i've learned a little more each time and have become a more efficient player over time. My poor oldest account, while I'm very proud of it, has had some rough patches here and there.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Rhino Keeper
    I?ve read that there is likely to be a Black Friday sales event upcoming. I am a new player ( Currently Level 20 ), and would like to hear thoughts on how to most wisely spend gold. I am saving all I get and might even purchase some if a gold sale comes my way. Is it wise to buy habitats? Is there a must have, hard to get dragon I should consider buying?

Or should I just skip the sales event altogether and sit on the gold and keep saving?

Any advice is welcome and appreciated.
    For L20, your priority should be 2nd nest (when on sale, it is 50% ), farms, 2nd evo (when on sale, it is 50% ).
    2nd evo is more useful than 3rd nest as evos in LB & WE gives 3x points. 2nd evo will also help to get the crafted mining dragon but you need to have enough dragons to evolve & apples to feed them to evo stage. So 2nd evo is lower priority than 2nd nest & farms.
    Farms produce apples which are needed to feed & level up the dragons so that they produce more coins & become stronger fighters.
    Do not buy habitats using gold until you have acquired enough GPDs to produce gold in excess of your needs. You have plenty of normal forest to clear & coin bought habitats will be enough. I only bought a few 5-dragon habitats (on sale) after I reached L200 for quite a long time & had excess gold from GPDs. So you can reach L200 just using coin bought habitats.
    The problem for news players is to generate enough coins to
    1.plant apples
    2.buy coin habitats which can store
    more coins.
    3.buy dragons(Fire, Forest, Air, Water, Light, Olympus)
    4.clear forest

You need gold to
    buy farms & upgrade them to have better crops (more apples with longer time between plantings) so your gold should be used for this & 2nd nest.

So initially we buy Fire/Forest dragons
    to produce coins as both eggs/evo & habitat are ready in seconds.
    You can buy the basic habitat & fill it with 2 dragons & then upgrade the habitat: the 2 dragons will still produce coins during the upgrade. It is cheaper to buy the big Fire/Forest habitat but during construction it cannot hold dragons or produce coins.
    Don't worry about too many Fire/Forest habitats as you can sell them when you have reached a level that produces more coins than you need. You need dragons & habitats to generate coins & Fire/Forest dragons & habitats are the fastest way until you have enough coins to buy habitats that stores more coins & bred some Rare or Super Rare dragons to place in them.
    You need coins to plant apples, buy habitats, dragon eggs, clear forest etc so you are always short of coins until your island has acquired enough dragons/habitats to produce coins in excess of your needs. Many L200 islands have coins in excess of 1 billion or even 2 billion.
    Get 2nd nest, get 7 farms & upgrade them twice to get the enhanced crops which give more apples in the same time. If you want to play in events then a 2nd evo will help more than a 3rd nest. Farms also gives points in LB/WE so you need to work out if farms produces more points than 2nd evo to decide which to buy first. Evos needs dragons to evolve (but you need to feed them up first) but apples are always useful & they also give points in LB/WE.
    A GPD terrace cost 8,000,000 coins so I don't think a L20 island can easily collect that many coins. You also need a lot of apples to feed the GPD to L10 or L15 to get 5 golds/day. So getting a GPD will not be a priority unless you are willing to spend real money to buy gold to buy the GPD, habitat & apples to feed them to L10/15.
    For new players buying & upgrading the stable is in the medium/far future as you have lots of forests to clear to place habitats. The initial buy is affordable & even the 5 dragon capacity is useful. If you hatch a dragon but all current suitable habitats are full you can move a dragon from a suitable habitat to the stable, hatch your dragon, move it to stable & move the original dragon back to the habitat (assuming the original dragon is producing more coins than the newly hatched dragon). You now have time to buy a suitable habitat & wait for construction to finish.
    Too long already so better stop here.
    Last edited by retseho; 11-04-20 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Corrected wrong info about farms etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rfs04 View Post

Oh, that's great. I was just afraid this was a once every three years thing as it usually is in the other games I play.
    I will 100% wait for a sale, and hopefully have enough saved up to buy everything I need during it.
    Thank you for your help!

Fashion Designer
    Oh, that's great. I was just afraid this was a once every three years thing as it usually is in the other games I play.
    I will 100% wait for a sale, and hopefully have enough saved up to buy everything I need during it.
    Thank you for your help!
    Yes, sales are fairly regular. Some are bigger than others but the nest, evolution temple, dragon stable are usually all on sale every sale. The habitats and dragons available are usually what changes.

I forgot about the dragon stable before - it is useful and while I waited a long time on my main account, I bought it quicker on my baby accounts and it helped with moving dragons around while waiting for habitats to be built.

I don't recall if anyone has mentioned - the only other priority is when you have space and money, buy the specialty coin habitats like Stone and Mythic. Pure Mythic and Stone dragons are breedable and you don't want to suddenly have one and no habitat to put them on!

Rhino Keeper
    The best I can tell, you are only allowed 1 breeding den. Is that correct?

Fashion Designer
    Thank you for your help!
    Yes, sales are fairly regular. Some are bigger than others but the nest, evolution temple, dragon stable are usually all on sale every sale. The habitats and dragons available are usually what changes.

I forgot about the dragon stable before - it is useful and while I waited a long time on my main account, I bought it quicker on my baby accounts and it helped with moving dragons around while waiting for habitats to be built.

I don't recall if anyone has mentioned - the only other priority is when you have space and money, buy the specialty coin habitats like Stone and Mythic. Pure Mythic and Stone dragons are breedable and you don't want to suddenly have one and no habitat to put them on!

Fashion Designer
    The best I can tell, you are only allowed 1 breeding den. Is that correct?
    One regular breeding den and you can add the Breeding Roost if you want - that costs gold to purchase and "activate" for 7 days. I don't use it much - it is supposed to increase your chances of getting super rare/ultra rare dragons but I never saw an increase. It is good to double points for breeding during community and leaderboard events. The Diamond Temple is supposed to help get Diamond types and also only activates for 7 days but I never had good results, while others have.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    One regular breeding den and you can add the Breeding Roost if you want - that costs gold to purchase and "activate" for 7 days. I don't use it much - it is supposed to increase your chances of getting super rare/ultra rare dragons but I never saw an increase. It is good to double points for breeding during community and leaderboard events. The Diamond Temple is supposed to help get Diamond types and also only activates for 7 days but I never had good results, while others have.
    I never heard breeding roost increased chances for rare or superrare. But I use it alot to help breed the common dragons needed in leaderboard, world event and tales. Having den and roost going doubles chance to get drago n you need and for leaderboard n event that dragon goes on quests to get points n you need those points for prizes. They make it a continuous loop..play play play.

But you rent roost for use for only those 7 days at a time and it usually costs 100 gold with not that many 50 gold sales during g the year. So until you are able to acquire a few gold producing dragons, I wouldn't think too much about the roost.

And I haven't had much luck with Diamond Tsmple. Even on sale it costs 175 gold to use. Overpriced in my opinion...used to be 65 gold on sale many years ago. Then I rented but not now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast