Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking advice from the veterans.......

Rhino Keeper

Seeking advice from the veterans.......

I?ve read that there is likely to be a Black Friday sales event upcoming. I am a new player ( Currently Level 20 ), and would like to hear thoughts on how to most wisely spend gold. I am saving all I get and might even purchase some if a gold sale comes my way. Is it wise to buy habitats? Is there a must have, hard to get dragon I should consider buying?

Or should I just skip the sales event altogether and sit on the gold and keep saving?

Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

Rhino Keeper
    I prioritize saving until a gold producing dragon goes on sale. Unless specific ultra rare or non-breedable dragons go on sale (alpha dark one, omega light mother, and dark diamond for me recently), I just save and use sparingly.

Dragons I would look out for when they go on sale are dragons that will help you win tournaments (specifically champion and diamond types) or complete bingo tasks (breed with a certain type of dragon)

Banned
    I try to save gold to buy the gold producing dragons on sale.. they cost alot but if you feed then and raise levels you can get 5 gold a day and that will add up.

The older GPDs were cheaper to buy maybe 800 to 1000 gold on sale but they havent offered them in years, but we hope.... those dragons gave 5 gold at level 10. The newer GPDs sale usually 1800 to 2000 gold and they need get to level 15 to give 5 gold a day and feeding from 10 to 15 takes about 761,000 apples!! So be warned.

However, there are 2 older GPDs in market and regular price on these are 1600 and 2000 and they are 5 gold at level 10 which might be better to start with. And can hope for those to go on sale tho S8 has been stingy on that type of sale.

As for battles and bingo, I think it might be better to accumulate essence and craft those type dragons as a new player rather than use gold. And play bingo for tickets to craft gold horizon dragon that gives gold.

That's my 2 cents, hope it helps.

Executive Chef
    over habitats i would purchase nests and evolving temples cause those help a lot
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfs04 View Post
    I try to save gold to buy the gold producing dragons on sale.. they cost alot but if you feed then and raise levels you can get 5 gold a day and that will add up.

The older GPDs were cheaper to buy maybe 800 to 1000 gold on sale but they havent offered them in years, but we hope.... those dragons gave 5 gold at level 10. The newer GPDs sale usually 1800 to 2000 gold and they need get to level 15 to give 5 gold a day and feeding from 10 to 15 takes about 761,000 apples!! So be warned.

However, there are 2 older GPDs in market and regular price on these are 1600 and 2000 and they are 5 gold at level 10 which might be better to start with. And can hope for those to go on sale tho S8 has been stingy on that type of sale.

As for battles and bingo, I think it might be better to accumulate essence and craft those type dragons as a new player rather than use gold. And play bingo for tickets to craft gold horizon dragon that gives gold.

That's my 2 cents, hope it helps.
    Hah, I wish there were gold producing dragons that I don?t have that were 1600-2000! Everyone on there now is 4000. There was a sale a few months ago where two GPD were 1000 each but I was scared to buy gold at the time

I also had no idea they?d changed new GPDs rate. That?s awful.

As shortdanzr said, extra nests and Evolution Temples; they’re necessary if you plan on completing the Leaderboard and World events with as little gold as possible . Anyway, you wouldn’t be able to purchase gold producing dragons till you hit level 40.

BTW, bear in mind that a Treasure Terrace habitat costs 8,000,000 coins and to get a GPD to give you 5 gold a day, you’d need to feed it 886,450 pieces of food to get it to level 15. It used to only take 125,000 pieces of food because the GPDs would give you 5 gold a day once it reached level 10.

Fashion Designer
    For a really new player, I would save and get a second nest first. That's a big help so if you have a 20 hour egg on the nest and the next breeding is only 4 hours you aren't wasting time (and points during leaderboard and community) waiting for that egg to get off the nest before putting the next one on.

Next big game changer for me was the evolution temple. Not only are you doubling evolving options but you are doubling points during community and leaderboard and mine bombs for the monthly mining dragon.

After that, I would go with Gold Producing dragons and then 5 dragon habitats. I do wish I had saved more for the GDP's but I have been making up for it.

Rhino Keeper
    So, I?ll edit what I?d say:

1. Save gold for a second nest. A second evolution temple is nice once you get higher levels but for now I wouldn?t worry about it.

2. Try to organize your dragons by colors. If you have a white and red dragon, try putting it in a white habitat as it will hold more coins.

3. Utilize the mine for extra space. Get an island dragon and do the mapping the island quest. Trade any duplicates in the trading portal.

4. Expansion early will lessen a later headache.

5. Gold producing dragons are great. As was stated earlier, I think a couple of them give 5 gold at level 10 so do your research.

6. Understand that you may not be able to complete some things early on. Don?t waste your gold on them.

7. Get your second evolution temple. Then look for 5-dragon habitats

Banned
    Yes, getting a second nest, even 3rd is extremely helpful but Wait for the half price sales!

When your island is bigger and you have more gold and you've gotten nests and chamber I would still save gold to buy the gold dragons before I bought the 5 dragon habitats. It will take longer to recoup the gold used to buy the dragon but you continue each day getting 4 or 5 gold from each dragon. Eventually that gives a nice daily stream to use for other things.

One item not mentioned that I find useful is the stable to store extra dragons. I bought that on sale and to start it holds 5 dragons, any color. It's handy when you get a new dragon and habitats for it are full. You can move a dragon from the correct habitat and put the new one in its place..sometimes you have no space to add a new habitat and if you do it can save the wait time of constructing it. Upgrading and adding room to stable can be alot of gold but 1st purchase on sale is maybe 12, reg price is 25.

Good Luck and have fun.

....fixed stable price
    Last edited by Rfs04; 11-04-20 at 01:18 PM.

How often the stable and nest/evolution goes on sale? Do you have any idea?
    Right now the game is telling me the stable is 25 and the nest is 250. I am in doubt if I should wait for a sale to come up or if I should just buy it as soon as I have enough for both the nest and stable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast