Thread: Unlimited gifting hour?

Rhino Keeper

Unlimited gifting hour?

Several of my nbrs mentioned an unlimited gifting hour? What is this? What does it mean?

Nightclub Owner
    Never heard of it myself. Sounds interesting though...

Farm Supplier
    There was a glitch when reset happened yesterday. You could keep gifting for about 45 mins. Unfortunately I only had two active neighbours online but we were able to keep sending each other gifts for that time.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinklessweettreats View Post
    Several of my nbrs mentioned an unlimited gifting hour? What is this? What does it mean?
    About 2 years ago, I was wondering the same thing. I was living in Italy at the time and didn't know America had a time change that presumably made this possible.

I asked one of my American neighbours at the time what it meant because I thought my gifts weren't going through. (They luckily were) it only happens at reset time though, around the time time changes in America happen. Because I had gifted at reset and so did she, she got my gifts and I got hers.

I'm not sure if it happens every time change or not, but I know the one that happens in fall warrants this "glitch" or whatever you may want to call it/name it.

Rhino Keeper
    If there was a ***** issue in the game, I could see mentioning this, but why bring this up? It has been happening for years. I’ve only been around once when it happened but I certainly felt like it was a good thing since I lose so many gifts throughout the year due to a decline issue and sometimes, I’m simply unable to receive more then 18 or 19 gifts.

This has never been brought up because it’s our one “give me” in the game. Now, we will probably lose it. ��

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LightAndLove83 View Post
    If there was a ***** issue in the game, I could see mentioning this, but why bring this up? It has been happening for years. I?ve only been around once when it happened but I certainly felt like it was a good thing since I lose so many gifts throughout the year due to a decline issue and sometimes, I?m simply unable to receive more then 18 or 19 gifts.

This has never been brought up because it?s our one ?give me? in the game. Now, we will probably lose it. ��
    I don't know why you'd particularly think this. It's been brought up in another thread.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...er-maintenance

And it's never been taken away.

Assuming that storm8 read threads, why did they not remove it a year ago when it was briefly mentioned then? If it truly was of Storm8's worries they would've removed it already.

As you said, it's been happening for years - I don't see them instantly removing this option just because it was brought up in this particular thread, and in the other one as well (that might I add) was brought up last year.

Refer to this if I am wrong by/around this time next year. As by then we will truly know.

Though I'd wager mentioning them possibly taking it away would actually make it more likely that they do, then just asking about why/how it happens.
    Last edited by TwixAndScones; 11-15-20 at 09:43 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    I suppose that since I’ve only been able to participate once, it really isn’t that much of a concern to me. Just thought it was worth mentioning. Either way, it wouldn’t diminish the fun of the game in any way.

Fashion Designer
    Yeah this happens once per year, every year. It's been mentioned quite a few times over the years as well. But shhhh, say nowt lol.
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.