Thread: Question about Planned Maintenance and Timed Events?

Fashion Designer

Question about Planned Maintenance and Timed Events?

Wow! It's great to see Planned Maintenance planned for all games, announced so clearly (in forums anyway) at least a day in advance; Thank you so much for the heads up! 😊❤️

I (and i'm sure many others) am currently working on a few Timed Events all at once. The Planned down time is only 2 hours, but that's a full Energy bar refill! 🥺
    I've never been through game maintenance with s8 before, so while i'm sure everything in power will be done to make sure things go as smoothly as possible it's possible that it may run long or take a little more tweaking than expected.

S8, Is it possible issue a 40 Energy Crate to folks to make up for the lost [strike]energy[/strike] playtime? 🥰

I understand that the Maintenance is scheduled for a time when "most players" shouldn't be impacted, but as i'm in a European time zone it's actually during prime play time. 😅
    Time is valuable, and i'm sure it's impossible to pause or extend people's Timers by 2 hours (I'm working on the Hidden Forest Part II, Elemental Discovery Part II, and the current Halloween event; others may be working on other limited-time sections and pausing everything/freezing the game while it's down may be simply too complex!)
    This may be a long shot but I just thought i'd ask! 😊

Thank you, s8! ❤️

Edit: Apparently I need more sleep. I just realized that the energy will be there (right?) when the game gets back up, so assuming players who normally game at that time plan for it and everything's used up just beforehand we might be missing 10-15 energy max (as long as Maintenance runs on time for just the scheduled 2 hours).
    So it's not "lost energy" just lost playtime.

Thank you for the Maintenance, Team! Goodnight. 😂
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 10-30-20 at 01:09 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Sadly, I think the planned maintenance is just so they can adjust all of their games for the time change in the US and not for anything else. Not saying it's impossible that they'll fix other bugs, just that in the past that's normally the only reason for it.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Anniras is correct - no games get additional time or extensions of whatever event is currently running, so please plan your collections accordingly! In the past, they have been quicker than the advertised down-time, but if you have a look at the forum (any active ones) you'll see when they are back up and running. You will get an error message if you try and log in while the games are down. Maintenance is only for adjusting for time changes, not for anything else.

Fashion Designer
    Ah. 😕 Well, it was worth a shot; Thank you both! ❤️

Yep...back to standard time we go. I absolutely hate the back & forth. In this day & age there's really no reason for it any longer.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    FYI this occurs twice a year on the time change. so you will know for future
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Fashion Designer
    /sigh/ Thank you! I'll try not to get excited next time for Spring forward. 😉

Fashion Designer
    Maintenance started an hour earlier than the stated time?

Means I just missed out collecting from Ivy's hut by mere minutes.

Boohoo.

Fashion Designer
    Time change occurred about 50 min ago in California, so it went down at "old 1:55am" then time shifted back an hour at "old 2am" so it became 1am again and is currently 1:55am there after the time change. 🙃

Hopefully it should be back up in an hour as planned. ❤️

Edit: I feel you, due to waking up a little late my Wizard's Schools were 5 min away from collection when the game went down! 😂 ah well. ❤️

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Games are back online. Closing thread now.