Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/22: Til Death Do Us Part | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerted7 View Post
    So is Asher's cat the one that got Amara's tongue? Hmm... And Asher, I'm sorry, but who shows up to a wedding in a white wedding dress who is NOT a crasher?

Looking forward to seeing what the reaper mutt looks like, because that sounds like a must have to me!

Too bad we can't just get both brides... I think they deserve each other and look better together than with what's-his-name. Although the whole cat thing...
    Maybe we can get both brides. Sometimes the second item, bride in this case, is for sale in the Market after you get the first one. Here's hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    Maybe we can get both brides. Sometimes the second item, bride in this case, is for sale in the Market after you get the first one. Here's hoping!
    You will be able to buy the bride you didn't choose after you complete the goals Each bride comes with a pet too! Asher comes with the Corpse Cat, and Amara the Reaper Mutt.

Executive Chef
    I chopped enough dead trees to get all but 10 of the leaves. I parked a monster after getting 18 bones. With all that chopping, I got 41 spirit songs.

With 4 adventures sent and returned, so far I've gotten 2 lace, 3 fabric and 4 of everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    Thank you! ❤️ Did we get a reason for the issues, or were they just quietly resolved?
    Wondering if there's some merit to the live-fixes causing the game to snap back.

S8, Good communication does wonders for consumer faith! I spent the most I ever have in-game after SgtBeebo came in to a previous event thread (Kung Fu Panda) and actively posted info/updates/fixes from the beginning.
    SW and everyone who relay info are absolutely wonderful. ❤️ Usually that's all we need! But when things get so messed up, a little info would be nice to restore faith. 👍
    Hey all,

We looked into the reports of sync errors and did not find anything unusual with the event setup that would cause syncing to occur. Prior to the reports, two fixes were made at different times which lined up with the times of the reported issues so we suspect that the updates caused syncing for some players. We do everything we can to prevent errors from being present when events goes live and try to keep any changes to a minimum as it can cause frustrating rollbacks.

We greatly appreciate the feedback everyone posts, both positive and negative, so please keep it up!

Executive Chef
    SpiritWind, I just completed Goal 7 and received Spooky Bundle 2. However, I am 5 Spooky Horseshoes short of being able to craft the last Ghost Alicorn Token to make the Ghost Alicorn. Is this correct? Do we get the last 5 Spooky Horseshoes at the end of the event?

Rhino Keeper
    Loving this goal as i do many, lol ty
    Last edited by macdonald; 10-23-20 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Confusion

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassySnakeS8 View Post
    Hey all,

We looked into the reports of sync errors and did not find anything unusual with the event setup that would cause syncing to occur. Prior to the reports, two fixes were made at different times which lined up with the times of the reported issues so we suspect that the updates caused syncing for some players. We do everything we can to prevent errors from being present when events goes live and try to keep any changes to a minimum as it can cause frustrating rollbacks.

We greatly appreciate the feedback everyone posts, both positive and negative, so please keep it up!
    Much appreciated! If (necessary minor) changes are known to cause rollbacks, might a little warning be possible so we're not actively using valuable energy or trying to get ahead while tweaks are being made?
    A full "standby"/Maintenance mode might be impossible over****, and timely fixes are of course important, but a Little icon in-game or quick change-log notes jotted down somewhere after-the-fact that we can see would still ensure transparency and a smoother/uninterrupted gaming experience by allowing us to choose to take a break instead of trying to work through (depending on how long the game is being worked on; seemed like a while!) and getting frustrated while left guessing what happened.
    Granted maybe we don't even notice most of the quick work being done 😉, but it was definitely noticeable yesterday.

❤️ Thank you all for all the hard work, i'd much rather be able to appreciate everything that's being done by actual people than feel like there's so much going on (did you guys see that? Oh, that changed- that must've been how it should have worked from the start. 😕 Wait, this isn't a new Event type, Didn't they triple check the event? Nooo, live rollback lost progress! Gah... soo, understaffed? ) that we're left guessing about. It's easy to get frustrated with a faceless entity that appears to be tidying behind the scenes when all you want to do is play, harder to get annoyed when you picture a friendly snake and friends rushing to provide a smooth event experience. 😊
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 10-23-20 at 02:45 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
    Hi there the Kings Keep is no longer showing all the adventures, so I can?t make expansion permits etc anymore, please fix this, TY
    Have you checked your Royal Exchange? Expansion Permits come from there, not from adventures or your King's Keep.

Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    Much appreciated! If (necessary minor) changes are known to cause rollbacks, might a little warning be possible so we're not actively using valuable energy or trying to get ahead while tweaks are being made?
    A full "standby"/Maintenance mode might be impossible over****, and timely fixes are of course important, but a Little icon in-game or quick change-log notes jotted down somewhere after-the-fact that we can see would still ensure transparency and a smoother/uninterrupted gaming experience by allowing us to choose to take a break instead of trying to work through (depending on how long the game is being worked on; seemed like a while!) and getting frustrated while left guessing what happened.
    Granted maybe we don't even notice most of the quick work being done ��, but it was definitely noticeable yesterday.
    Any change or addition to the game (even adding future events and things like notices and new items) causes 15-30 seconds of downtime each time. We batch as much as possible into each update to keep the number of updates down and try to keep them to when the fewest number of players are active between events but the rollbacks are inevitably going to occur sometimes for some players. Like you mentioned, having scheduled downtime isn't really possible so we try to choose the best time to make updates to impact as few players as possible.

We want to make any event fixes as early as possible when an event goes live so that the fewest number of players run into issues since the number of players is lowest after the initial release and then ramps up quickly. We try to keep players up date on the forums when unexpected issues crop up and can definitely give a heads up when something is amiss and needs to be fixed.

Again, thank you for the feedback!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    Have you checked your Royal Exchange? Expansion Permits come from there, not from adventures or your King's Keep.
    Lol my bad, please disregard my earlier message, had several sync issues and i got confused lol TY

Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast