Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/22: Til Death Do Us Part | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    I tried out a coffin for 50 (!) gems. Very generous with the dead leaves, but not a single spirit song. I was very unimpressed with my first "Rehearse for the Wedding" haul. One old web, one undead rose, and one undead lily. And I agree--the drops are horrendous (practically non-existent) & even spawning the Skelepines requires a LOT of energy. With RL commitments (including my job!) I am going to have a tough time getting enough Ivy collectione to finish. I am only playing to get the ghost alicorn. While I am not against weddings per se, I am bored with them in Castle Story.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwombat View Post
    I tried out a coffin for 50 (!) gems. Very generous with the dead leaves, but not a single spirit song. I was very unimpressed with my first "Rehearse for the Wedding" haul. One old web, one undead rose, and one undead lily. And I agree--the drops are horrendous (practically non-existent) & even spawning the Skelepines requires a LOT of energy. With RL commitments (including my job!) I am going to have a tough time getting enough Ivy collectione to finish. I am only playing to get the ghost alicorn. While I am not against weddings per se, I am bored with them in Castle Story.
    Agreed, weddings are a yawn. And my “rehearse for the wedding” haul was craptacular too. Only in it for the Alicorn myself as well or I’d not even bother with this one

Fashion Designer
    I just noticed that the last level upgrade requires 6 of everything, not 8. I am a level 50 player with 2 million XP, so no I don't have the lower level requirement. I'm quite happy, guess I'll finish tomorrow. Yay.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwombat View Post
    I also tried the coffin after getting zero Spirit Songs from 6 dead trees and got zero. Not a happy camp. We should get 4 in 20 chops. This is at least the second time I wasted gems on the "pay x gems for better drops" and got zero extra drops. The last time I stopped buying it for months. Not sure if there will be a next time unless I read in the forums these expensive gem decorations actually live up to their promise. Sorry but "chance of" doesn't cut it. I will NOT be buying anymore "chance of dropping . . ." Anymore since the "chance is usually 0%

Fashion Designer
    As others are noting, the drops aren't great. I'm averaging 1.5 dead leaves from the dead trees. Not very good considering how many we need. If we only need 6 of each 8nstead of 8 for the last upgrade, as another poster stated, then S8 is trying to help some.

S8 - why doesn't Ivy's Hut drop poisoned jewels anymore? Ever since this new goal started, I haven't been getting any of them from Ivy which are needed for the 3rd storyline goal.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    As others are noting, the drops aren't great. I'm averaging 1.5 dead leaves from the dead trees. Not very good considering how many we need. If we only need 6 of each 8nstead of 8 for the last upgrade, as another poster stated, then S8 is trying to help some.

S8 - why doesn't Ivy's Hut drop poisoned jewels anymore? Ever since this new goal started, I haven't been getting any of them from Ivy which are needed for the 3rd storyline goal.
    The poisoned Jewels drop from the sawmills and sparkling mines, not Ivy. They never dropped from Ivy. They are dropping for me from the sawmills and mines. If they are not contact support. Ivy does drop Ivy's Antidote along with the lace for the new quest. The Toxic Spirit does drop the poisoned jewels.
    Thuakie Sword #19

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    I just noticed that the last level upgrade requires 6 of everything, not 8. I am a level 50 player with 2 million XP, so no I don't have the lower level requirement. I'm quite happy, guess I'll finish tomorrow. Yay.
    Thanks Mel! I'll update the goals!

Rhino Keeper
    Seriously?? Oh dear, I already collected almost all the materials needed, assuming 8 of each craft for the final level. Apart from the energy wasted, I hate so much extra stuff cluttering up my inventory! Oh well, guess they wanted to make the Ghost Alicorn more attainable for everyone, which is nice of course...

Rhino Keeper
    Was this based on the UPDATE button or because you only needed to make 6 for the goals?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ajohn2508 View Post
    I was too impatient to wait! The Ghostly Alicorn is a weekly dropper. :-)

Amara and Asher are daily energy droppers.
    Ooo thank you for popping ahead! ❤️
    Eeee Ghostly Alicorn is a weekly, excellent. 🥰❤️

Quote Originally Posted by ClassySnakeS8 View Post
    Any change or addition to the game (even adding future events and things like notices and new items) causes 15-30 seconds of downtime each time. We batch as much as possible into each update to keep the number of updates down and try to keep them to when the fewest number of players are active between events but the rollbacks are inevitably going to occur sometimes for some players. Like you mentioned, having scheduled downtime isn't really possible so we try to choose the best time to make updates to impact as few players as possible.

We want to make any event fixes as early as possible when an event goes live so that the fewest number of players run into issues since the number of players is lowest after the initial release and then ramps up quickly. ❗️We try to keep players up date on the forums when unexpected issues crop up and can definitely give a heads up when something is amiss and needs to be fixed.❗️

Again, thank you for the feedback!
    (Checked first thing the other morning and saw this but apparently didn't respond 😂 ) Perfect, heads up for unexpected issues and fix-in-progress updates would be much appreciated! ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by kaoz80 View Post
    And my ?rehearse for the wedding? haul was craptacular too. Only in it for the Alicorn myself as well or I?d not even bother with this one
    I gave done 3 Rehearse for the Wedding runs, I was really excited to get an Ivy's Drop and a Sawmill Drop from my very first adventure so was really looking forward to the time-save potential.... but after that just got the easiest to collect 3 items (1 old web, 1 undead rose, and 1 undead lily) both times. 😕 Barely (actually, not even) worth a Golden Apple!

I'm really excited for the Ghostly Alicorn though, so just trying to focus on that! 🥰❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 10-25-20 at 04:51 AM.