Trick-or-Tokens Info for SW: The point tiers scale for lower-levels to receive the bundles as first bundle at 40 Points, second at 1140 Points, and then the ghostly horseshoes at 1750 Points according to the Goal book. ❤️
thanks! I'll add that to the front page. I've added both low and mid level point targets given there are 3 tiers of players in leaderboards.
Last edited by SpiritWind00; 10-16-20 at 01:59 AM.
I know this has been previously mentioned in other monster hunts but just another heads up to people who are struggling to get sufficient sword tokens that fauns and wisps spawned from cloudberry bushes or grand rooted liliums give proportionally higher number of sword tokens per energy required to defeat these spawns. They also register points for the goal and leaderboard.
Great tips - thanks!
Originally Posted by zoroak
Ooo I didn't know this. I am having better luck spawning wisps from the grand rooted lilium tree than cloudberry bushes. I went through over 20 bushes with no spawn. But for the tree I was able to get a few skunkupines and wisps, one fang beast. Skunkupines will be good later if I need to spawn something like for weekend warrior. I'm getting back a lot of my energy on wisps plus 4-5 sword tokens. Thank you zoroak for the tip.
Originally Posted by zoroak
You are welcome! I have a surplus of energy but am lazy on topping up expansion materials so I usually take the opportunity during monster hunts to kill 2 birds with one stone. Top up expansion stuff and get some much needed sword tokens, win-win!
The following notes have been generally consistent from season to season. Season specific information may be posted in the respective discussion thread.
* Check you can spawn monsters!
* Pink Skunkupines don't drop tokens when you defeat them. They might spawn from pink and wedding alicorns.
* Gem horses may not spawn glimmer trolls.
* Trolls may be included but they change from being included season to season.
* Monsters also drop their normal items in addition to the tokens.
* Do the Bronze Hunter Trade if you are nearly maxed on Shield tokens so that they don't go to waste.
* A Level 5 Jousting Arena will spawn a monster on every collection. Link to Jousting Arena Renovations thread.
* The Mythic Research Center (from L22) crafts are available to craft anytime if you have the tokens.
* If it's your first Monster Hunt, the new trades might appear after you do 1 of any trade in the Trade Wagon.
* Remember to collect from Princess Lorelei's fountain for a chance at gold tokens (about a 1 in 3 drop rate)
* BLUE DIRE BOARS will only spawn once a day.
1. Horses (for unlimited glimmer golems)
2. Dead trees (for once daily blue dire boar)
3. Princess Lorelei's fountain (chance to drop gold troll tokens)
4. Jousting arena (level five guaranteed monster spawn)
5. Monster statues (drop silver tokens)
6. Troll sparring pit (guaranteed troll spawn)
7. Lair of beasts (guaranteed monster spawn)
8. Dark Den (not guaranteed)
9. Go through inventory for any monster traps
10. The Prison (mermaid storyline) (guaranteed marmosea spawn)
This is when a search feature for the inventory would be a great idea. Especially for searching for monster traps.
Another tip for those who have steamed ahead and completed part II of An Elemental Discovery and have the Ancient octopus:
It is a guaranteed Mithril dropper, 8h. Handy for the mithril-hungry steed craft in this event.
Also bear in mind when crafting the armoured Brimstone steed which requires 75 mithril, part III of an Elemental Discovery requires, I think, 25 Mithril.
So I think the new horses are all a little large.
It could be a design choice - but I don’t think it works.
They dwarf the other horses and characters.
Last edited by hagypagy; 10-16-20 at 07:18 AM.
Armored brimstone steed - first drop 3045 coins and black flag for horse hair
Underworld steed - 205 coins and trade ticket