Thread: RNG Based Tasks

Rhino Keeper

RNG Based Tasks

In the Spectral Hunt event for the Doom Dragon, one of the tasks is to breed a certain type of dragon. I came back to dragon story recently and this is a type of step I do not recall in these kinds of events.

It?s really not a good task to have something so RNG-based as one of your tasks in this event, and making the penalty for skipping it 50 gold is too steep. I don?t understand why you would handicap your players from completing the event with such a burdensome task. I?m sure there are better alternatives than requiring us to luckily breed a certain type of dragon or spend a ton of gold to bypass the task altogether.

The dragons you need to breed are common so they should be easy. The other dragons can be crafted by following the tasks of the event.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

The common dragon is not easy to breed. It the last 6 events where we need to breed a common, I have been stopped at chapter six, because no matter what I tried, I never got the common that was needed. I agree that this has become disappointing. I don't want to spend all my gold on skipping or purchasing a common. Why has S8 changed the algorithm?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by centraloffice View Post
    The common dragon is not easy to breed. It the last 6 events where we need to breed a common, I have been stopped at chapter six, because no matter what I tried, I never got the common that was needed. I agree that this has become disappointing. I don't want to spend all my gold on skipping or purchasing a common. Why has S8 changed the algorithm?
    Yes, there have been many posts by frustrated players about not being able to breed the "ultra rare commons," as some people call them. I have 4 accounts. 2 of them have bred the Venturous Dragon. 2 have not.

I really don't know if it is anything to do with an algorithm or if it is truly the luck of the draw, but when you have 2 nests breeding non-stop for a common dragon, one would think that it would pop up relatively soon.

ETA: Another thing that makes this so difficult is that we now have tons of commons that we didn't have before, and we are very likely to get them as fails when we are trying for the new common that we actually need.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Rhino Keeper
    There are just too many dragons to reliably breed one specific kind within a time window. There are over a thousand of them, many more commons now. Certain combinations of colors have 20-30 possible outcomes. It?s just not feasible, and I feel the penalty for it is too steep with all that considered.