It'll be completely down to luck if i'll finish the Special Timed Quest or not.

I need 12 more Mithril, I have 1 Mithril Dragon (guaranteed), Kang (unreliable/rare), and my Deep Mine as sources. I chopped the rest of a Dark Cave Formation I had from expanding but no luck. I'm NOT going to buy a 2nd Mithril Dragon for full-price 400 Gems just to make this timed Bonus event... (Could have gotten another 2 Sirens or Armored Lions during the last sale for that price!) annnd a second Mithril Dragon would only help if I purchase it TODAY 😂.
No Knowledge Shard for crafting Mithril yet for me, so I can't put my excess silver to better use.
I'll still play in case I get a few lucky drops from my Deep Mine, but likely won't make the timed portion.

Congrats to the more established Kingdoms! 😊❤️

Oh, technically I have Sir Pigg as a possible Mithril resource as well, but he thinks I need more Vit C and has just been flinging oranges at me. 😂

I'm tired of feeling like I still "have to" fork over $$ if I want to take advantage of these limited-time or 'hard to complete if you're not at the right stage of gameplay' events despite already making a significant investment in my realm. They're designed to make a challenge for longer-time players or at least give purpose to people's maxed-out inventories, and that's okay! I'll just stick to natural progress, keep my head down and enjoy what I already have- And hope I get reeeeally lucky with my drops! 😥❤️

Hope everyone has fun with this awesome new addition to our realms! ❤️