Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/3: Wedding of the Centaur-y | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Ki250 View Post
    Can anyone explain why this game resets/glitches for no apparent reason. Collected from sawmills and they both dropped the silver ring. Then all of a sudden the reset/glitch I collect again and nothing. This isn't the first time this has happened to me but especially frustrating during an event and a needed item.
    It’s because your game hasn’t synced yet.
    Whenever you play you need to wait a little before you start collecting - otherwise it’ll roll back to the sync point.

You can visit a neighbour or go into the Baron’s Tent first and this will sync the game if you’re unsure if you’ve synced yet.
    Alternatively if you hard close the game when you leave, every time you start up you’ll be synced.

Hope this helps.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    If you play on android or IOS you can transfer your storm ID and games over to your new device. Please see the step by step instructions here in this post - Transfer your game / Logon on Feature.

Thread also for playing multiple games on one device.

Executive Chef
    Can anyone explain why this game resets/glitches for no apparent reason. Collected from sawmills and they both dropped the silver ring. Then all of a sudden the reset/glitch I collect again and nothing. This isn't the first time this has happened to me but especially frustrating during an event and a needed item.
    Personally I think it's a money grab. It happens FAR too often and more than once to be a "server reset" my internet connection isn't perfect; doubt any are unless it's a major corporation. I only play on my iPhone and they consistently happen immediately after purchasing unlimited energy. There is a long pause with the horse galloping and it also often crashes at this time telling me to check my internet whilst it shows me an advert of a game they want me to try. My internet shows their ad but can't play the game? I don't think so. They (and the ads) are the MOST annoying thing about this game and makes me want to quit. It's definitely worse during events and collections of things with a long collection time like Ivy's hut. I've also had energy I collected disappear after a reset which is even more frustrating.

I do NOT understand WHY Storm8 hasn't fixed it unless it's on purpose. No other reason. I don't know why people defend this and come up with ideas like closing and/ or deleting everything on your device except of course for this game

I recommend fully closing the app every time you leave. It's annoying to wait through the loading screen every time but for me, it lowers the chances of resets to essentially nil. It's when I leave it running, go to a different app, and then come back later, that the app gets out of sync and has to link back with the servers, causing a reset.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosewood_Keep View Post
    I recommend fully closing the app every time you leave. It's annoying to wait through the loading screen every time but for me, it lowers the chances of resets to essentially nil. It's when I leave it running, go to a different app, and then come back later, that the app gets out of sync and has to link back with the servers, causing a reset.
    I always force close my app when I’m done and always get glitches and resets anyway. It drives me batty but I’m addicted so whatcha gonna do. Lol

Executive Chef
    If you have a lot of stuff running in the background, that affects gameplay. The defaults for most device operating systems are to allow background app refresh, and enable location services. Mail is Not set to send/receive by Push, it does it automatically & often. All these things will not only suck up your processor power & bandwidth, it can also delay/interrupt the link you have with the game servers.

And the ads with video running inside them Definitely affect this! I especially hate a video ad that hijacks my device & redirects to the App Store. I will NEVER download anything from any company that does that!
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for all the replies. Well I can honestly say that when the game reset/glitched yesterday I had just opened the game. I never have any other apps or internet running in the background and Castle Story is the only game on my iPad. Usually when it is an internet problem the game goes out completely and that did not happen. It happens too often for it to be internet and after playing I always close the game. I have plenty of memory as well so I can't explain it. Just very frustrating.

Executive Chef
    Thanks for all the replies. Well I can honestly say that when the game reset/glitched yesterday I had just opened the game. I never have any other apps or internet running in the background and Castle Story is the only game on my iPad. Usually when it is an internet problem the game goes out completely and that did not happen. It happens too often for it to be internet and after playing I always close the game. I have plenty of memory as well so I can't explain it. Just very frustrating.
    I too have been having recent issues with my iPad. Especially with resets/rollbacks occurring 3-4 minutes into gameplay.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosewood_Keep View Post
    I often get resets about 2 minutes in when I open the game from a complete close. I find it hard to believe it's as someone else said, syncing with the servers. The game should be syncing as it opens when it's opening from a hard close (the Castle Story picture comes up and the rotating circle for about 90 seconds before the game opens).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by huckletown View Post
    i often get resets about 2 minutes in when i open the game from a complete close. I find it hard to believe it's as someone else said, syncing with the servers. The game should be syncing as it opens when it's opening from a hard close (the castle story picture comes up and the rotating circle for about 90 seconds before the game opens).
    exactly

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast