Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/20: Kung Who? Panda!| event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    Assuming you will get 1 Hammer every 2 Collections (collecting from 2 Sparkling Mines 1 time each), it will be 1 Hammer every 4 Hours (times may vary slightly).
    24 Hammers needed x 4 Hours per Hammer = 96 Hours.
    And that's without sleep and including being able to collect every 4 hours for day's straight.. which isn't possible for normal humans..

Does this make sense, or am I totally seeing/ calculating it wrong?
    Starting to worry

And if I could make a suggestion to S8, it would be to make the Hammers a guaranteed drop and/or let us begin recruiting Fire Panda's when we have the Repaired Helm, not letting us wait till we have 3 before we can recruit them. (that feels a bit like torture)
    This is correct.
    It's also the main reason most of my posts were flailing about Hammer collections. We have to craft all 3 Repaired Helms to progress, it'll take most people let's say an obsessive 5-6 days+ (or a sleepless 4 which is very unhealthy) and we'll need another 4-5 days (we have to craft them first!) of every 2 hour collecting from our 3 Fire Pandas on top of another round of Xiang Pu fights at the end of the event to make the final items.
    I paid for the packages in part because I wanted to breathe for hammer collecting (bonus, the Expansion Permits were a deciding factor! 😊 ); if it takes too long for the stones at the beginning, things start getting really REALLY tight.

At this point the forums are pretty spread out as well- we have people who zoomed ahead still worrying and calculating (personally i'm just calculating my buffer zone, or how many collections I can comfortably miss), and people who haven't purchased/gemmed realizing and sharing what's coming.

Guaranteed Hammer drop would have been lovely, but then we'd all just be frustrated at another short timer. (Better than this for those who couldn't speed ahead though!) Two Sparkling Mines are required for this event's timing to even begin to work since we seem to be settling in to receive 1 Hammer every 2 collections from Sparkling Mines, and they're anywhere from the ~4 hours you're using to as low as 3 hours if someone had fully-upgraded mines.

So many 2 hour timers, even if they are guaranteed drops, is just.... not very fun.
    The art's lovely and soothing, so it's just a shame the gameplay is a little irritating.
    Even if I like to check in every 2 hours or so to take full advantage of my natural energy refills, I don't like feeling "forced" to or "i'll pay for it later", and since the timers are a little out of synch i'm pretty much constantly checking in.
    And that's WITH paying for packages to zoom ahead to the middle roadblock, Hammer collecting! 😣 To be fair I did purchase myself some leeway, so I should be able to finish before the end of the event even if I do go out for a day (missing a few collections and energy refills) or actually sleep (i'm repairing a sleep schedule that started waking me after a rem cycle due to the every-2-hour pattern during the day). I didn't want the ridiculous stressed out nervous flailing of "I have to check my game NOW or I can't finish!!" and getting irritated if Real Life has the audacity to exist at the same time as my schedule check-in for this game.
    Sanity, please. Sanityyyyy. 😂❤️
    But shiny. 👀💗
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 08-23-20 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    Btw, the $4.99 package this time is insane. I mean, even if you ignore the energy and the event drops, 10 *expansion permits* for $5??
    I haven?t reached the areas that require expansion permits yet, but I?m tempted to buy it to save it for the future.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    I haven?t reached the areas that require expansion permits yet, but I?m tempted to buy it to save it for the future.
    I think it's a good investment. You're definitely gonna need them in the future!
    Remember the 10 minutes free energy start directly after your purchase, you can't choose when to 'activate' it. So be prepared

Executive Chef
    Just to add to what others are saying that having to forge 3 repaired helms before progressing to next goal to craft 3 fire pandas, that this delays goal progression and collection of bamboo straws to a very great degree due to unpredictability of random mine drops of hammers to finish 3 repaired helms AND if you think about it, the 3 fire pandas take 4 HOURS each to craft in the warrior tent. That’s pretty much 12 hours of waiting for full complement of fire pandas to drop the 108 bamboo straws required. After this, waiting for straws would take 5 days of babysitting...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    the 3 fire pandas take 4 HOURS each to craft in the warrior tent. That?s pretty much 12 hours of waiting for full complement of fire pandas to drop the 108 bamboo straws required. After this, waiting for straws would take 5 days of babysitting...
    Oh no!! I forgot that Fire Pandas are forged in Warrior's Tent, not the Magic Forge (of which we can have 2 so crafting would've been only 8 hours)
    12 hours is a full day just to craft.
    I'd allowed a day to forge in my math but was happy about maybe being able to get one collection from them before bed.
    It would be nice if they started dropping the next requirements as soon as they're forged at least!!

Ughhh.
    No fun. 😥

Eeeedit: Thanks for the reminder/heads-up! ❤️
    Since I have a buffer, i'll just have to work on crafting the big Pandas (omg edit again- can't craft them because the Tent will be busy with Fire Pandas!! Can only collect tokens for them then) or a Quest that day to give myself the sense of game satisfaction. 😕
    Progress is nice but I like the visual feedback and won't be able to open a new Event chapter that day given the crafting times. ❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 08-23-20 at 01:57 AM.

Was feeling very frustrated playing this event. First waiting for stones to drop from my fountain. Then waiting for mud to drop from my pigs, which turned out to be just as much of a bottle neck (I have 20 pigs, apparently that?s not enough?!). Up to now I only kept playing because I loved the animation. Even if the prizes are good they are just not worth this amount of frustration.
    Now reading the forum, the bottle necks to come, I must face facts. This event is just not for me. Even if I buy a pack or a fountain I would have to set alarms and spend days chained to my game.
    Good Luck to everyone still in the race for this one.

Rhino Keeper
    I have joined the ranks of those who bought an event pack. The clincher was the expansion permits; I already bought another bamboo fountain to guarantee the stones when I can't play during the week, and there were no hammers. : (

S8, great idea to make it such a no brainier to buy. Love supporting you when you give great value.

If a hammer pack comes out with equally awesome goodies, I might even buy a second! : )

I really, really, REALLY want to finish; please be possible! (I was grumpy about the piggy event for MONTHS and am still a bit miffed about it; I do know I am NOT the only one thinking of how AWFUL That event was for many of us who tried and spectacularly failed to complete despite hard core effort.

Gotta go collect from my sparkling mines, timer just went off! : )
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.

Executive Chef
    I think it will be very hard to complete this event without Gem and/or money spending.
    And even with Gem and/or money spending it's a challenge. Time consuming with lots of alarm setting. (though current and future Value Pack can be a huge help)

BUT, please don't forget about the great prizes still available even when you can't/ don't want to complete.
    You can work toward crafting Bao, Ping and Kang, which look amazing and have pretty good drops.
    And even if you're not fast enough to craft all 3 Fire panda's to collect all the Straws, you will still have and keep them. They look good too and have decent drops.

There are some good prizes to gain this event, Participating will never be unrewarded.

Bao - earth wisp, glimmerdust, living wood, wood
    Ping - creep tooth, earth wisp, fey crystal, fur, glimmerdust, living wood, rat tail, wood
    Kang - coins, coal, dragon scales, earth wisp, energy, gems, jewels, light armor, longsword, mithril
    Fire Panda - creep tooth, fey crystal, fur, rat tail, sugar cane
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 08-23-20 at 03:40 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Let's say we actually get to the last goal, it says we need 6 victory flags. That's 84 leaf underwear and 108 Bamboo straw.
    And they take two hours each.

It's going to be soo demanding.

Shibuya Cloth could you please update the table, where you have one victory flag.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    I can't follow your logic and/or math.
    Don't we need 24 Hammers? (8 per Repaired Helm, 3 Repaired Helms required)

Assuming you will get 1 Hammer every 2 Collections (collecting from 2 Sparkling Mines 1 time each), it will be 1 Hammer every 3 Hours (times may vary slightly).
    24 Hammers needed x 3 Hours per Hammer = 72 Hours.
    And that's without sleep and including being able to collect every 3 hours for day's straight.. which isn't possible for normal humans..

Does this make sense, or am I totally seeing/ calculating it wrong?
    Starting to worry

Edit, I changed the time from 4 hours to 3 (for collecting from Sparkling Mines), but like stormaurora42 says, it depends on the level of you're Mines

And if I could make a suggestion to S8, it would be to make the Hammers a guaranteed drop and/or let us begin recruiting Fire Panda's when we have the Repaired Helm, not letting us wait till we have 3 before we can recruit them. (that feels a bit like torture)
    So sorry. I was confusing the repaired helms with the swords required for the bamboo grove upgrade. I originally wrote post too late last night and trying to get it done before I went to bed.

Thanks for the clarification.
    Last edited by ladlasse; 08-23-20 at 04:12 AM.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.