Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/20: Kung Who? Panda!| event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    I think it's all statistical. The minimum guaranteed is 1/collection but the code must have been written so that it is 1+ where the "+" is based on a probability. Maybe the question we want the answer to is, what is the average number of drops/collection.
    That would be nice, but I guess my real question is what was expected of players to finish and can we all finish without extenuating circumstances (REALLY lucky drops, lots of playing time bordering on sleep deprivation, or purchasing packages/gemming).
    Bear with me but we won't all see the true average unless it's guaranteed per realm (a guaranteed pre-programmed average each player would see over the course of the event if they played, or depending on their progress thus far). That leaves some people with below average drops, and others slightly above, and depending on how tight the event was planned to be that means some people may not finish naturally based on factors out of their control (assuming the event is not purposefully geared towards encouraging players to purchase packages/gems to finish).
    If we don't know at least that much in advance, players may run out of time to purchase gem packages even if they could afford to and wanted to. I think everyone tracking their progress is just trying to ensure that they can finish, or determine if they need to adjust their playstyle to do so as quickly/cheaply/least-stressful manner as possible depending on their priorities.
    This goes without saying but when players feel "forced" into paying/gemming, or pay and still can't finish, they are very unhappy and vocal and might simply refuse to participate, leave, or stop supporting s8 financially.

Without demanding to see how they've programmed it, I just.. am weary and a bit wary.

If drops started at 3+ for example, players would have been expected to complete about 4 collections across 6 days which seems more doable but I haven't done the math to figure out the standard day folks should be getting to Goal 11.
    I understand that they can't be expected to "guarantee" that "most players" will finish, nor could they expect or even predict for everyone's life circumstances (and if you don't play the game, no you won't be able to finish), but some general awareness would go a long way.

"If I have to gem/pay to finish this event, tell me now" and put anyone reading this out of their misery.
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 08-21-20 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    How many Bamboo Straw are Fire Pandas guaranteed to drop per collection?
    Fire Pandas will drop 1 Bamboo Straw per collection, and you can summon up to 3 Fire Pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    S8 - I Usually am able to finish events, but I did not finish the piggy event. I upgraded to level 6, but because of limited drops, I couldn't get it to level 7. I had enough energy, but the timers and the drops were against me (and I was playing regularly). I hope the changes you made based on piggy event feedback will provide enough drops for us to complete this one.
    I hope so too! We strive to give players a variety of events to play through in between our core content releases, so if we're able to improve this one so that it's a challenging yet enjoyable experience for players it will give us something else to add to our event roster.

"If I have to gem/pay to finish this event, tell me now" and put anyone reading this out of their misery.
    We strive to create events that are enjoyable, yet challenging. This event is definitely more challenging than some of our more relaxed events, like a community event, that is true. This is to provide more variety for players who feel events are too "easy" or repetitive.

That being said, we never wish to create an event that is too difficult or that feels impossible to complete without paying. Given the variety of play-styles we see in our player base, we base our events off of the the "average" player behavior. Understandably this won't work for everyone, and we try to alleviate this by adding bucketing for levels in certain events that are more challenging.

The last iteration of this event was not a success in our book, as it left a good amount players stressed and unsatisfied on our forum. We want the best experience for you, so we're trying again, with improvements in hopes of giving you even more event types to play through.

Thank you for your feedback, and keep it coming. We want as much feedback as possible to keep improving. I hope this provides some insight into the thinking of the Castle Story team. We value you all so very much, and really hope that we've made sufficient improvements for you to enjoy this event.

Rhino Keeper
    So, we need 22 beams which means 132 Stick Mud (or 139 if you are a collector). I got 12 mud from 40 collections, so for 132 mud, we would need 440 collections (132*40/12).

Given that we have approximately 12 days left, we would have to do about 37 collections a day (440/12). Pigs have a 2-hour timer and let's say you can do 6 collections a day, you would need about 6 or 7 pigs out. I think the way to think about it is that you should try to do 40 collections from pigs each day. That doesn't seem too bad.
    I might have been too optimistic. I just burned through another 40 energy and only got 10 muds. This means that we need to do 44 collections from pigs each day. If you have 11 pigs out, hit them 4 times each day.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtBeebo View Post
    Fire Pandas will drop 1 Bamboo Straw per collection, and you can summon up to 3 Fire Pandas.
    Thank you for responding.

That wasn't the 3 I was hoping for, but still better than 1 drop with 1 Fire Panda.

Okay, soo crafting supplies for Fire Pandas (1 Repaired Helm, 1 Light Armor, 1 Longsword) would be a priority which means as others have stated do collect those Hammers that drop early from Sparkling Mines. I've gotten 1 so far. 8 Hammers per Repaired Helm... I'm not going to think about it.

I'm glad Hammers were released to be able to collect in advance, thanks for that.

(Edit: .. Mei is a guaranteed 40 energy drop, right? )

Quote Originally Posted by SgtBeebo View Post
    We strive to create events that are enjoyable, yet challenging. This event is definitely more challenging than some of our more relaxed events, like a community event, that is true. This is to provide more variety for players who feel events are too "easy" or repetitive.

That being said, we never wish to create an event that is too difficult or that feels impossible to complete without paying. Given the variety of play-styles we see in our player base, we base our events off of the the "average" player behavior. Understandably this won't work for everyone, and we try to alleviate this by adding bucketing for levels in certain events that are more challenging.

The last iteration of this event was not a success in our book, as it left a good amount players stressed and unsatisfied on our forum. We want the best experience for you, so we're trying again, with improvements in hopes of giving you even more event types to play through.

Thank you for your feedback, and keep it coming. We want as much feedback as possible to keep improving. I hope this provides some insight into the thinking of the Castle Story team. We value you all so very much, and really hope that we've made sufficient improvements for you to enjoy this event.
    Thank you for the transparency and honesty.

I think this is definitely leaning into "feels impossible to complete without paying" territory for anyone with daily duties and a lack of luck in their realm, or even just a lack of Piggy fleet and other past investments, but that might have been the point to create a challenge for some of the older player base (where are you guys? Playing happily? Some Here doing math and sharing tips?- Lovely. ) As i've already paid in and am still worried about drops despite (clearly ) having plenty of time right now, i'll think carefully about how I want to handle this before moving on.

I can't comment on the improvements as I wasn't here for the last event, but judging by reactions i'm sure you've seen and my own impressions/feelings it's definitely still quite the (intimidating) challenge.
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 08-21-20 at 02:58 PM.

Rhino Keeper

I can't comment on the improvements as I wasn't here for the last event, but judging by reactions i'm sure you've seen and my own impressions/feelings it's definitely still quite the (intimidating) challenge.
    The last event (not the piggy cottage, where I failed to upgrade to lvl 7, but the event that finished this week) kicked my butt. I was able to finish but I also got up twice three nights in a row to collect and wondered at the end if that was necessary. But, I think it was. I would not have been able to finish had I not done that because I had no luck with the adventures.

This event also has me worried, but I also think that given how awesome the rewards are, I'll take deep breaths regularly and play.

BTW, someone asked me how many bamboo trees I think we should grow. I am getting 1 Wushu Panda spawn for every 2 bamboo trees, so with 22 (or 23 if collector) beams needed, that's 46 bamboo staffs or 92 bamboo trees! This assumes that every Wushu Panda drops a staff and I think it does, though @ladlasse (who reported the same spawn rate as me doesn't think that they always drop a staff). Yikes.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    The 2 hour timer random/low drop items is crazy! My 18 pigs drop 2 muds every two hours (if I'm lucky)

I am collecting spring stones 1 at a time...driving me nuts.
    I too am only collecting one stone per collection. With a 2-hr timer, it?s going to take a while!

Fashion Designer
    The last event (not the piggy cottage, where I failed to upgrade to lvl 7, but the event that finished this week) kicked my butt. I was able to finish but I also got up twice three nights in a row to collect and wondered at the end if that was necessary. But, I think it was. I would not have been able to finish had I not done that because I had no luck with the adventures.

This event also has me worried, but I also think that given how awesome the rewards are, I'll take deep breaths regularly and play.

BTW, someone asked me how many bamboo trees I think we should grow. I am getting 1 Wushu Panda spawn for every 2 bamboo trees, so with 22 (or 23 if collector) beams needed, that's 46 bamboo staffs or 92 bamboo trees! This assumes that every Wushu Panda drops a staff and I think it does, though @ladlasse (who reported the same spawn rate as me doesn't think that they always drop a staff). Yikes.
    Thank you for the insight! I was lucky last event but really didn't enjoy seeing others struggle.

My 3 piggys (Sir Pigg, White pig, and 1 Adult and 1 Growing Black Pig; Uni-pig is not being counted as has not been helpful) and I are currently working on mud and waiting on a 2nd non-gemmed Ivy collection. I started the baby black pig during this event, but he's taking his time growing as I got distracted by spawning and sparring with Pandas.
    I started growing a little Bamboo forest.
    Wishing I had room for a second Sparkling Mine... HmmmMm. Time to make room.

I see why people were stating how energy intensive this event was earlier. ... and why some people mentioned that they used to skip events entirely until they had "fully established" realms.

Edit: I have caved and am growing a small army of pigs.
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 08-21-20 at 04:47 PM.

Just wanted everyone to know that the Spring Piglet from some previous event drops mud.