Page 32 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/20: Kung Who? Panda!| event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by newyear5780 View Post
    I DID buy that second fountain, though. Seems critical to get the early bits done to give time for this Sahara/Desert Valley stretch Of goal 9, and the intimidating (to me) fire panda Everest climb afterward. Which is all theoretical for me as I am still in the Great Hammer Desert.
    I bought a Bamboo Fountain too, to speed up my initial progress, and I don't regret it.
    I have good hopes of completing the event with less stress then the piggy one and that's worth some Gems to me.
    As long as not every event is like this (almost to hard to complete without Gem/money spending/not sleeping) I'm ok with this type of event being added to the rest. (as long as the prizes equal the effort that is, like now )
    Good luck everyone!

Edit, a little question for S8.. It's not important at all, but just in case you're here..

What's gonna happen to the Bamboo Tree's? Will the grown tree become decoration you can store? (just like the Desert Cactus from last event)
    If that's the case, I'm gonna grow a lot of them, and put those I don't need in storage for later.
    But if they stay 'choppable trees' I might be more careful not to grow to many..

And what will happen to the Bamboo Saplings? Will we be able to grow them after the event?
    The Bamboo is such nice deco!
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 08-24-20 at 12:38 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    Oh wow that's a ...doggy? animation sequence. 😅

Fire Panda hunches over holds its paws up and pants while thrusting its hips (or rocking back and forth on its hips?) before straightening in 2 steps (hands out then proper attentive stance).
    Guess it's tired as a dog from all the training?

Attachment 56372 +thrust,
    then
    Attachment 56373.
    Finally,
    Attachment 56374.

Such a cute face though! ❤️
    It looks like it's going to creep on whatever's before it in doggy stance. 😣😅

Always greatful for animation! 😊❤️
    Haha, can't wait to see the animation for myself!
    I always love animations too
    Thanks for sharing!
    The Panda Cubs are the cutest! No offense to Fire Panda, but nothings beats piles of baby's when it comes to cuteness.
    I was lucky enough to win the Pile of Baby Seals in the Barron's Tent, and they are mega cute too

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    Haha, can't wait to see the animation for myself!
    I always love animations too
    Thanks for sharing!
    The Panda Cubs are the cutest! No offense to Fire Panda, but nothings beats piles of baby's when it comes to cuteness.
    I was lucky enough to win the Pile of Baby Seals in the Barron's Tent, and they are mega cute too
    It's very.. er, interesting. 😂

You're welcome! 😊

Aww i've seen them too, I think in a return sale (wasn't around for them in the Tent), they're super cute! 😊❤️ Congratulations!

-

Oo, Fire Panda DOES start to drop Bamboo Straws as soon as the first one you have placed's timer is up! 🤩🙌
    We don't have to wait to craft all 3 before we get their drops. Thanks, S8!

Just for however that factors into folks' math! ❤️

Edit: Second collection, also a Bamboo Straw and spawned Xiang Pu.
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 08-24-20 at 04:20 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I've not participated in the last two or three events and used the time to save up quite a bit of energy. This time I've decided to participate because the prizes seem worth it.
    Energy will definitely NOT be a bottleneck for me, so I've set myself the challenge of completing the event without buying any value packs or gem items like the fountain. (I might use a few gems to speed up crafting times if I get too impatient.)

I am able to log into the game from time to time during work hours, but I can't do it as regularly because I really need to concentrate on my work. I've used the weekend to focus on collecting as many stones as possible (though I refuse to loose sleep over a game, so no nightly collections for me), and I'm up to 43 of the total 96 stones. This means that I will need to collect only 5-6 times per day even if I never again get 2 or 3 stones in one collection. That's absolutely doable for me, particularly considering that I'll be able to collect more than 6 times on the next weekend.

I'm doing fine on sticky mud; I've increased my pigs from 10 to 16 and am keeping up just fine.

I've only recently started on goal 9 and so far, hammers seem to be dropping fine. Not great, but fine. We'll see how the straw collecting goes once I get to goal 11. That seems to be the last bottleneck, right?

So far, I'm optimistic I'll be able to complete the event. After all, we still have almost 10 days to go!

Executive Chef
    What is the point of spawned Xiang Pu pandas dropping damaged helms in goal 10? Not needed as max 3 fire pandas allowed to be crafted from the 3 repaired helms already completed in goal 9! No leaf underwear drops from spawned Xiang Pu pandas nor bamboo straws from the 165 gem panda cubs either! Pointless delays!

Fashion Designer
    Looking ahead to collecting underwear (lol, btw), high levels will need 84 (6*14).

So do undies drop 1 at a time from the 1 hr panda? That would be 84 hours of collecting. ... which would be like 6 days of collecting every hour???

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerted7 View Post
    Looking ahead to collecting underwear (lol, btw), high levels will need 84 (6*14).

So do undies drop 1 at a time from the 1 hr panda? That would be 84 hours of collecting. ... which would be like 6 days of collecting every hour???
    If that's the case maybe I should stop now. Have one repaired helm, and four hammers for the next. Can't really believe what is required for this event.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post

Oo, Fire Panda DOES start to drop Bamboo Straws as soon as the first one you have placed's timer is up! 朗
    We don't have to wait to craft all 3 before we get their drops. Thanks, S8!

Just for however that factors into folks' math! ❤️

Edit: Second collection, also a Bamboo Straw and spawned Xiang Pu.
    Are you saying that Fire Panda collection spawned the underwear dropping panda? Does anyone know yet, is this a given spawn for each Fire Panda collection? That would make way more sense than the undies just dropping every hour starting with Xiang Pu in goal 11. That would be 5 undies per 2 hrs. So 84/5= 17 2 hr collections, or 34 hrs total collecting. But if fire pandas don?t always spawn Xiang Pu, it would be somewhere between 34 minimum to 84 maximum hours.

I encourage everyone to keep going into the unknowns ahead! These are great prizes for any realm.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    I've not participated in the last two or three events and used the time to save up quite a bit of energy. This time I've decided to participate because the prizes seem worth it.
    Energy will definitely NOT be a bottleneck for me, so I've set myself the challenge of completing the event without buying any value packs or gem items like the fountain. (I might use a few gems to speed up crafting times if I get too impatient.)

I am able to log into the game from time to time during work hours, but I can't do it as regularly because I really need to concentrate on my work. I've used the weekend to focus on collecting as many stones as possible (though I refuse to loose sleep over a game, so no nightly collections for me), and I'm up to 43 of the total 96 stones. This means that I will need to collect only 5-6 times per day even if I never again get 2 or 3 stones in one collection. That's absolutely doable for me, particularly considering that I'll be able to collect more than 6 times on the next weekend.

I'm doing fine on sticky mud; I've increased my pigs from 10 to 16 and am keeping up just fine.

I've only recently started on goal 9 and so far, hammers seem to be dropping fine. Not great, but fine. We'll see how the straw collecting goes once I get to goal 11. That seems to be the last bottleneck, right?

So far, I'm optimistic I'll be able to complete the event. After all, we still have almost 10 days to go!
    Wow, Good luck! ❤️
    If you manage to complete this without compromising or late nights on weekends, that would be quite impressive.

Just curious, are you on Lower Level or Higher Level requirements?

I'm not sure how much of the forum posts you've skimmed, but quickly: after the Hammers you have to craft all 3 Fire Pandas (4 hours in Warrior's Tent each; 12 hours to craft all 3). Luckily they start dropping their event item (the Bamboo Straws) as soon as the first one you place's timer is complete. They also spawn Xiang Pu, though we don't get his final drop (underwear) until Goal 11. That shouldn't be a problem for you since you have plenty of energy!
    So if you can gather and craft all of your Level 6 supplies while your Fire Pandas are crafting, you can progress to Goal 11 and then it's just a matter of the final hump of lots of 2 hour collecting on Fire Pandas, defeating Xiang Pu, making your last building materials and doing the final upgrade.

If it will take you longer than 12 hours to collect your Level 6 building supplies, that might be a little bit of a roadblock as you'll need sufficient time to complete all the Level 7 requirements at the tail-end of the event. 🤔

Seems like you're doing great so far! ❤️

I'd love to hear about your progress! 😊❤️

Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    What is the point of spawned Xiang Pu pandas dropping damaged helms in goal 10? Not needed as max 3 fire pandas allowed to be crafted from the 3 repaired helms already completed in goal 9! No leaf underwear drops from spawned Xiang Pu pandas nor bamboo straws from the 165 gem panda cubs either! Pointless delays!
    Honestly I think it's just that most of the standard event drops don't stop dropping until the event ends.
    That allows collectors to get what they want, and prevents possible errors if they have to turn Xiang Pu off and on at each step.
    I guess it also, yes, slows us down uses energy and provides more of a "challenge". 😔
    It also may be to provide another chance to get Panda Coins?

My Panda Cub started dropping bamboo straws as soon as I recruited my first Fire Panda on Goal 10. Xiang Pu starts dropping underwear after Goal 11.

Fire Pandas spawn Xiang Pu as well, so you have 3 Fire Pandas spawning Xiang Pu at (Unknown frequency) every 2 hours.
    Plus your guaranteed Xiang Pu every hour from the Bamboo Grove. 😊
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 08-24-20 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Spelling

Executive Chef

The fire pandas have 2h collection times, Xiang Pu panda not guaranteed spawn. However the 1h bamboo grove has a guaranteed spawn. I’m stuck at goal 10 where the spawned Xiang Pu drops damaged helms which are no longer needed but no underwear, XP panda is going commando style in goal 10!