Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/20: Kung Who? Panda!| event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Just started making my final flag. Glad to be done with this event. It wasn't bad just a lot of phone babysitting that I don't care for. I immediately put those red pandas in storage, I can't deal with their odd little movements. Hope everyone gets to finish.

Farm Supplier
    The land of the platypus and Vegemite sandwich

Never Going To Finish

Quote Originally Posted by milhouse001 View Post
    Ugh. My mines took forever to drop the hammers so I only got the third fire panda yesterday. I probably won?t manage to finish the event considering my bamboo fountain has only dropped more than one stone on one occasion so. Really unhappy with the drops rate for this event. Feels like two weeks wasted.
    I have to agree. I?m on the final goal and still need 5 Bamboo Beam, 3 Bamboo Block, 1 Bamboo Sword, and the ****er...5 Victory Flags!! Is it even possible to complete in 20 hours? Considering each flag needs a ridiculous 14 Underwear, I have to collect 70 Underwear drops?? This Panda story was exciting to do at first, with attainable goals. Disappointing the final goal is so difficult.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by staffygirl View Post
    I have to agree. I?m on the final goal and still need 5 Bamboo Beam, 3 Bamboo Block, 1 Bamboo Sword, and the ****er...5 Victory Flags!! Is it even possible to complete in 20 hours? Considering each flag needs a ridiculous 14 Underwear, I have to collect 70 Underwear drops?? This Panda story was exciting to do at first, with attainable goals. Disappointing the final goal is so difficult.
    You won't be able to finish the event without Gem spending, I'm sorry.
    This was a tough event, meant to give even high level Realms a challenge.

Maybe you could focus on crafting the 3 Panda's (Bao, Ping and Kang) in the Warrior Tent?
    They are really worth the effort. Good luck!

And maybe in future event you could keep an eye on page 1/ the goals to come.
    The requirements for the last upgrade were known from the beginning, so shouldn't come as a surprise.
    You could make an assessment earlier in the event if it's one you could finish, and if it's not, see if there are intermediary prizes that you can obtain.
    This is not meant as critic at all. It's just to avoid frustration and disappointment.
    Not all events are doable for everyone. (there are so many different levels of Realms, different play styles, different Gem spenders)
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 09-02-20 at 12:27 AM.

I managed to finish, but I kept at it even if I woke up during the night I’d collect. Now to put those red pandas away.

I'm really sad to read about so many people not being able to finish this event. I rather enjoyed it and was able to finish it on sunday. In the beginning when I read about the spring stones I was really worried but I noticed after a few days of setting timers during the day that I didn't need to do that. I had all the spring stones within one week and put my fountain in storage. Mind you, I'm still on the LL requirements, so let's wait and see what happens when I level up twice more and get those treaded HL ones. >.< The only thing I found frustrating was the drop rate on hammers. That just meant three days of playing without making any real progress. Because there wasn't much else to do I hit those Shaolin Pandas hard ... and had loads of leftover Panda Coins in the end. Thank god I read a post that made me aware that we'd get a lot of coins later when fighting the Xiang Pu Pandas for their underwear (still find that a bit weird) or it would have been way more. By the way, is it normal that the warrior tent is greyed out and say Locked Until Level 7 after the event? I still see a craft button and an Info (in Latin). Does that mean that we'll be able to use it again?

Nightclub Owner
    Overall, I enjoyed myself and am happy with the results of my efforts - so thanks to s8 for implementing those adjustments or it would've been another wash for me.

With my hectic work schedule and other real life obligations, all those short timers had me worried that despite my well established realm and vast stockpile of supplies this would be a repeat of that awful pig event - the only event unfinished in my entire CS history. Thankfully, I was wrong but it was still more difficult than I think it needed to be. I've only just finished and it was all down to my difficulty in collecting the Bamboo Straw and that was with having purchased the Panda Cubs.

Sorry, but I think it ridiculous that I paid gems for an extra event dropper and still struggled. Is it really too much to ask that the gem purchased event extras should at least offer the chance to drop multiples?

10 hours to spare and I finished without spending gems! I also managed to get 4 of the expansions that were on sale, I was 2 expansion permits away from getting a 5th one, so close! I will say, if I wasn't working from home right now there is no way I would have finished this without spending gems.

Rhino Keeper
    I won’t be able to finish because of bamboo straws! I’ll be missing only one victory flag to finish! I babysat the game as much as possible and set up alarms... but there is a limit to not sleeping and one has to work! In the past few months, there are a good number of challenges I was not able to finish compared to before... and, when I do finish, it?s in the nick of time! I like it to be challenging but liked it better when it took into account that we have lives outside the game!

Rhino Keeper
    I don’t know why storm8 had to make this event so difficult to do it started good in the beginning but then the drop rates were terrible and took so long for the mines to drop hammers and then the 14 underwear 1 at a time if you get any at all. it’s sad that you all had to do this. just one I will not be finishing but it shouldn’t surprise me this just another storm8 game that has gone down hill in the past year.

Executive Chef
    Luckily I'm retired and have no life so was able to keep up with this event and finish a few days ahead. (No gems or money needed.) I did enjoy it and really like the characters and decoration. There have been some events where I had to watch until the last few hours to finish timely (usually the ones that required 2/3/4/5/8 of various crafts to update) so this was a real pleasure.