Thread: Not getting notifications on Huawei P20 Lite

New Resident

Unhappy Not getting notifications on Huawei P20 Lite

For almost a year now, I've had to have the game uninstalled because I no longer receive notifications on my Huawei P20 Lite (I did get them, but at some point they just stopped popping up) and thus I can't keep up with food timing. I just did a reset factory thinking that it'd solve my problem (and eliminate some garbage in the process) but it did not help. I have set the app's battery settings to Manage Manually and Auto-launch, Secondary launch and Run in background are all enabled, so I can't figure out what the problem is. On the game's settings, both the music and sound effects are turned off and I only have Food Ready push notifications enabled.

Does anyone know if the game just doesn't work with the Huawei family anymore? Any responses are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Adams View Post
    For almost a year now, I've had to have the game uninstalled because I no longer receive notifications on my Huawei P20 Lite (I did get them, but at some point they just stopped popping up) and thus I can't keep up with food timing. I just did a reset factory thinking that it'd solve my problem (and eliminate some garbage in the process) but it did not help. I have set the app's battery settings to Manage Manually and Auto-launch, Secondary launch and Run in background are all enabled, so I can't figure out what the problem is. On the game's settings, both the music and sound effects are turned off and I only have Food Ready push notifications enabled.

Does anyone know if the game just doesn't work with the Huawei family anymore? Any responses are appreciated.
    Hi there,

You may have disabled notifications from in game. To check, go to the Restaurant Story game and click on the “Main” button in the bottom left.

Then click on settings. On the right side of your screen you will see notification options. Make sure they are on.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Adams View Post

It's not you. Nobody gets food notifications anymore.

Nightclub Owner
    This is a known issue that sadly doesn't seem to have a fix yet.

Here's a link to the Bugs Thread on the topic if you'd like to continue the discussion.