Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I guess World Events are no longer a part in Dragon Story?

Rhino Keeper

I guess World Events are no longer a part in Dragon Story?

I was looking forward to it. Had my farms, nests, den, evo chambers ready to clear and I get clipped by Dragon Talles.

Quote Originally Posted by G4OU812 View Post
    I was looking forward to it. Had my farms, nests, den, evo chambers ready to clear and I get clipped by Dragon Talles.
    There's no word from S8 concerning this (what a shock! )

Hopefully, they're only skipping it for this month. If another LB follows the current Tales event, then the writing is probably on the cave walls

Rhino Keeper
    Yep. If that happens, it's toast. That would suck because that was the event I always looked forward to doing.

Storm8 sometimes switches around the schedule with their events. They have not said anything about discontinuing the event type.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Fashion Designer
    I think I recall this happening once before where they did only 3 events for the month and switched it up a bit. I think they are resetting to fall in line with the beginning of the month. One Tales, one World, one Leaderboard is 24 days and would end the month on the 25th. Add an additional event in the correct order (usually there are 4 events per month), that would be Tales and the month would end on the 3rd of Sep. Two Tales and one Leaderboard ends the month on the 28th - the closest to the actual end of the month. It's only a few days but it may help keep everything close to going through one month and not to much over/under.

Anyway, that's my hope.

Yes this was my thinking (and hoping) to fingers crossed its just storm 8 keeping the months in line and nothing else to sinister like scrapping the event all together. Only time will tell I guess....

Rhino Keeper
    I was really hoping it signalled an intention to change the format altogether. I am very bored with same old same old ... something totally new would be very welcome

It?s not looking good. It?s disappointing.
    They have wound fantasy forest down to events impossible to complete. I tried buying the various things but still so far off completing I gave up. Instead of have breaks they decided to have month long impossible to complete events. Too long.
    It?s looking like they are winding down dragon story.
    Initially I thought they were mixing things up by changing the order. Now it?s looking like they are reducing types of events.
    They would be better having a gap of a week between events than back to back dragon takes and leaderboards. Having 3 types of events was better.
    I don?t think they are interested in completely new types of events either. Those days are gone.
    A lot of players will be sad after years of playing.
    But it?s not looking great.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock221bbaker View Post
    It?s not looking good. It?s disappointing.
    They have wound fantasy forest down to events impossible to complete. I tried buying the various things but still so far off completing I gave up. Instead of have breaks they decided to have month long impossible to complete events. Too long.
    It?s looking like they are winding down dragon story.
    Initially I thought they were mixing things up by changing the order. Now it?s looking like they are reducing types of events.
    They would be better having a gap of a week between events than back to back dragon takes and leaderboards. Having 3 types of events was better.
    I don?t think they are interested in completely new types of events either. Those days are gone.
    A lot of players will be sad after years of playing.
    But it?s not looking great.
    I don't know about this. Bakery Story still has all the goals even though there is no longer any support from Storm8 on it. It predates both Dragon Story and Fantasy Story.

I played Fantasy Story for a brief time but it was so hard to expand the land and get through the events that I quit at like level 40 or something. It just wasn't nearly as fun. I am thinking the problem with Fantasy Story is that it has less players and especially less players that are willing to spend money on the game.

Bakery Story still probably has a lot of players spending money to buy decorations and get through the goals. Dragon Story still probably has players willing to spend money to get dragons and get through the goals, as well as win at Leaderboard. Fantasy Story I think does not. It makes me wonder how Bakery Story 2 is doing as well. I quit that game because it was WAY to complex, even for someone that plays all the time.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    I don't know about this. Bakery Story still has all the goals even though there is no longer any support from Storm8 on it. It predates both Dragon Story and Fantasy Story.

I played Fantasy Story for a brief time but it was so hard to expand the land and get through the events that I quit at like level 40 or something. It just wasn't nearly as fun. I am thinking the problem with Fantasy Story is that it has less players and especially less players that are willing to spend money on the game.

Bakery Story still probably has a lot of players spending money to buy decorations and get through the goals. Dragon Story still probably has players willing to spend money to get dragons and get through the goals, as well as win at Leaderboard. Fantasy Story I think does not. It makes me wonder how Bakery Story 2 is doing as well. I quit that game because it was WAY to complex, even for someone that plays all the time.
    I was a pretty big spender (I guess it's all a matter of perspective) in both DS and FFS, plus some of those oh-so-addictive matching games, but even I haven't had to buy any gems in FFS for a while now. I bought a lot of gems at the beginning of the year and haven't really needed many since now that there is only one new habitat per month and animals are impossible to win in the events. I'm not sure what I'm going to do in DS going forward. 2 of my accounts currently can't move due to lack of space, so that only leaves 2 where it makes sense to buy any habitats. Sure wish I hdn't missed those darn purple tree habitats! I would have bought multiples. I really didn't think they would give up on DS, but apparently those stupid home building games make a lot more money. Meh. Our house burned down in real life so I get to rebuild in real life. Doesn't feel like a game to me.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast