Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Pacific Pondering - 2020 Aug 18 (15 Days)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlumPomelo View Post
    I love how the new goal is Philippine-themed! Yey! Proud Filipina player here! (Yes, we do eat Ube Swirl, Leche Flan, Coconut Bibingka, Taho and Turon on a regular basis.藍❤️)
    I love it when goals represent different cultures. I don?t know much about foods from the Philippines, so thank you for letting us know that this goal is based on real recipes!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by kayjco2 View Post
    The paper is decent, a little much, but it is not at the bottom of my wallpaper list! The tile might come in handy at some point. I like a single tile, but many of them get busy and I would need a really big restaurant to make it work.

I do like how things are blending together! I like to use all the elements from a goal in my small Goal Corner of my bakery and it gets easier when they match!

What the heck are those tables? I don?t know, but I don?t like them. The chairs are pretty darn cool!

I am over these new counters. Tired of them. Enough already.

The final prize looks awesome. The person in the chair - is that one of those floaty chairs, for use in pools? Do not know what to make of it!

The first recipe is unimpressive and I am not familiar with these foods, so have to wait and see on the rest.

How big is that side goal thing? I have to look i to that. I have too much food and don?t want to work toward it if I won?t use it.
    I love reading everyone's feedback on goal items! Nearly every comment makes me look at things in a different way or brings up details I might have originally missed.

Totally agree with you that the counters are a bit overdone at this point and I'd much rather see them do something more original. The glass display case idea works great for larger decos but I feel it loses much of the appeal when it's scaled down and crammed into a tiny counter. Add in the fact that there is going to be another recipe on top of the display and it makes it too much, too distracting for my eye.

The tables on the other hand, I really like. Looking at the table/top of counter/appliances immediately makes me think of aerial photos of islands (or even rivers) which I rather like. As much as I adore this game, there are just certain things that don't translate well into its graphic style, I think these tables are one of them. Look how awesome those tables can be in real life:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	165fcdebacb757c61ede6b8c7fee7465.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	56298

I can see why they'd want to try and copy that style into the game but I think the graphics of BS simply leans too much on the cartoon side of animation to make the attempt work as well as intended.

EDIT: here's a pic of the SG prize without surrounding items removed:

Name:	IMG_6908.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	226.1 KB 
ID:	56299

Quote Originally Posted by sehana View Post
    Oh yea' Halo Halo, but ovens make sense too
    Filipinos love sweets HA HA
    Oh yess Halo-halo would have been awesome!💜 Sago & Gulaman, too.😍

So happy to see sweets from my Filipino heritage! 🇵🇭 As other commenters said, Filipinos LOVE sweets. Even some traditionally savory dishes have been recreated to fit Filipinos? sweet palate, like Filipino-style spaghetti and tocino. Aside from these dessert recipes, other favorites include halo-halo, sylvanas, pastillas, buko pandan, biko, ensaymada, mamon, kutsinta, and the list goes on. 💙

Executive Chef
    leche flan

Name:	50181747-EC14-4A92-8906-2191C895975C.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	56301
    Enjoy Baking! 🍰

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerling View Post
    leche flan

Name:	50181747-EC14-4A92-8906-2191C895975C.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	56301
    So cute!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I love reading everyone's feedback on goal items! Nearly every comment makes me look at things in a different way or brings up details I might have originally missed.

Totally agree with you that the counters are a bit overdone at this point and I'd much rather see them do something more original. The glass display case idea works great for larger decos but I feel it loses much of the appeal when it's scaled down and crammed into a tiny counter. Add in the fact that there is going to be another recipe on top of the display and it makes it too much, too distracting for my eye.

The tables on the other hand, I really like. Looking at the table/top of counter/appliances immediately makes me think of aerial photos of islands (or even rivers) which I rather like. As much as I adore this game, there are just certain things that don't translate well into its graphic style, I think these tables are one of them. Look how awesome those tables can be in real life:

Name:	165fcdebacb757c61ede6b8c7fee7465.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	56298

I can see why they'd want to try and copy that style into the game but I think the graphics of BS simply leans too much on the cartoon side of animation to make the attempt work as well as intended.

EDIT: here's a pic of the SG prize without surrounding items removed:

Name:	IMG_6908.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	226.1 KB 
ID:	56299
    I like the tables a little more now that I know what they are. They could look really good in the right setting. They go so nicely with the counters and the fans pick up the blue. It all works and I love it when that happens.

The first recipe is growing on me a bit. As an unfrosted cake, it isn?t really bad at all. (If that is what it is.)

I like reading other opinions on goal items, too. Aside from the planning part (which, thank you for what you do there!), reading other opinions is the best (and funnest) part of these threads.
    Last edited by kayjco2; 08-19-20 at 07:10 AM.

Executive Chef
    Boardwalk Ball is so beautiful! I like this decoration so much!

Name:	A4B3EEFE-B4A3-43A0-A2D4-F7861E131972.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	175.0 KB 
ID:	56303
    Enjoy Baking! 🍰

I'm returning to the game after quite an absence and am in need of good neighbours to be able to finish this goal (gotta get those parts in!). Please add me (cocoapffpff) if you feel like it, I'm level 99 and I'll work on my star rating.

Super excited about this goal and playing again, yesss.

Rhino Keeper
    For the first time in awhile, I like most of the goal items. The Ubi dessert is gorgeous. I really like the tables and chairs, they have a modern look to them. Also, I like the other prizes, including the side goal. I do love that they do different cultural foods, but I do wish they would do more desserts and cuisine from African countries, not just Asia, Europe and Latin America. There are large sections of the globe that are often ignored on these games even though the players are very diverse. This includes the little people or bots that are in the displays in the game ( rarely are there African/Black people represented).

The wallpaper is so-so. And I don't like the counters, because I feel the design should have gone down the sides. The "glass" bottom with the food are not needed on so many counters. They are best for when we are doing cafe or bakery type goals. The food on top ( as Anniras stated) and food on bottom is distracting. Too much going on.

Anyway, overall I'm pleased!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast