Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relentless Ads

Rhino Keeper
    I would be willing to pay a yearly fee to not have ads and get all items for free and unlimited. Just pick a price.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    Ads help pay for the game to continue to get support and updates, and for it to continue to be free to play for all players, even if they don’t want to buy gems at all later in game.

I personally don’t mind the ads, They are usually only 10-15 seconds and if they are longer a lot of the time you can skip them. They only come on maybe once every few hours, so not a big deal at all.
    Agree with your first half of the post.

I used to mind the ads, but I don't as much anymore.

It's a free to play game, so granted, yes, there will be ads. While yes, the ads have been more frequent within the last year now, it's still a free game. They've got to earn something somewhere.

Rhino Keeper
    I've been playing this and Bakery Story for about 10 years now. When Teamlava owned this company, I don't recall being bombarded with ads, just to "pay the bills". You had decent goals and weekly releases of content that wasn't tied to a goal. Ah, the good times ...

Then S8 took over ... *sigh*. Forcing you to watch these stupid ads stinks, no matter what the reason is.

If they need to pay bills, then here's some suggestions:

1) Try having a decent Support system in place. While I can't complain (much), others have.
    2) Stop ignoring requests by players. Even Teamlava was guilty of this. A confirmation dialog box before you spend gems has been requested for years and we still get nothing.
    3) Make acquiring gems easier during gameplay and maybe people would be willing to spend real money on them. I play a game that gives out gems left and right during regular gameplay and guess what? I've spent real money getting even more.
    4) For goodness' sake, stop forcing ads on people. This is precisely why I don't update RS or BS. I'm playing older versions that don't force ads on me. I hate when games do that nonsense! It's enough to make me delete the game and I've deleted plenty of games that forced me to watch ads almost every minute.
    5) Fix that stupid "Processing ..." loop! And while you're at it, fix the problem the game has when it comes back from being minimized. Having to force-close the game every single time from running in the background gets old.
    6) The "Bonus" gem offers removed the ability to watch more ads. Why? Bring it back. I don't want to fill out useless surveys that seem to lead to more surveys and even more surveys, just to get gems. And, just in case someone replies that I don't have to fill them out, I don't now, after having been duped into a few before!
    7) Get more creative with your goals.

I think I've said enough but if it's about paying the bills, forcing people to watch ads isn't the way to go about it.

Executive Chef
    Has anyone noticed when running an advertisement in the background some will instantly send you to the game card to download it? I don't click on anything when made to watch these advertisements, to get gems or otherwise, but it sends me to download it (in some cases) regardless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12