Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game will not let me decorate

Nightclub Owner

Game will not let me decorate

I have no idea what is going on here but since late last night I can serve my recipes and start new ones without issue but if I try to do any decorating my game refuses to acknowledge any alterations. In all my years playing, I've never encountered this issue nor have I seen any others experience or fix the issue. So there is no confusion, I'll list what's happening very plainly in my bakery (RS is fine):

- I place a deco on my board
    - For thirty seconds or so, everything is fine
    - Pop up appears that says "Processing"
    - Pop up lasts a few seconds before disappearing
    - Game seems to be normal
    - Continue to decorate and the above repeats for EVERY ITEM I place
    - A few minutes or so into decorating, a "Processing" pop up appears and suddenly ALL of my decorating is erased as though I never placed anything

I am playing the current iOS version, everything is as updated on my side as it can be. I have done everything I can on my end - I've tried different devices, droid and iOS but no changes, tried both my mature level 99 account and my other level 5 account - no changes. I've done everything to check my connection (which IS NOT the issue) from resetting my Wifi to trying different networks. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app...

No matter what I do, I cannot so much as put out a new table in my bakery. I've recorded the issue using my iOS but obviously don't want to post for fear privacy issues.

What is going on and is anyone else having this issue?

Hi AnnirasSweets,

Does this bug only occur when you place decoration, or is it also when placing wallpapers, floor tiles, appliances, tables, and chairs?
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    Hi AnnirasSweets,

Does this bug only occur when you place decoration, or is it also when placing wallpapers, floor tiles, appliances, tables, and chairs?
    When I try to place anything from my inventory onto my board. As of right now I can only cook and serve dishes without interference.

EDIT: As of midnight eastern time, my recipes are no longer registering either. I put something on to cook but it will not remain cooking - and yes, I've tried all the standard things to force a sync with the servers but nothing is working.

At this rate my game is UNPLAYABLE.

After the recipes started to mess up, I opened the Community tab (in an effort to force a sync) and saw this message which I've never seen before today. Do we think this may be connected to my issue?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BS 08-07-2020 Game ERROR.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	56175
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 08-06-20 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    When I try to place anything from my inventory onto my board. As of right now I can only cook and serve dishes without interference.

EDIT: As of midnight eastern time, my recipes are no longer registering either. I put something on to cook but it will not remain cooking - and yes, I've tried all the standard things to force a sync with the servers but nothing is working.

At this rate my game is UNPLAYABLE.

After the recipes started to mess up, I opened the Community tab (in an effort to force a sync) and saw this message which I've never seen before today. Do we think this may be connected to my issue?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BS 08-07-2020 Game ERROR.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	56175
    Is this issue happening on both your level 5 account and the level 99 one?
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Nightclub Owner
    Is this issue happening on both your level 5 account and the level 99 one?
    On both accounts, across all devices and regardless of what internet I'm hooked up to. The Community page will load sometimes, other times I get the above screen and other times still the Community page will not refresh and show the same bakery names even after I've force closed the app multiple times.

I can visit my neighbors without issue and that's about it, everything else is not working properly at this moment. I have to try several times before I'm able to post or delete anything from walls, still cannot place any item from my inventory without the game rolling back within a minute or so and that issue has now extended to my baking.

The only way I was able to get my recipes to stay on to bake this morning was if I visited multiple neighbors and closed the app without returning to my storefront. If I return to my own bakery before closing down, the food is reset to the first pixie of the cooking stage, if I start a recipe and only visit one neighbor then close down, the recipe resets. I have to visit at least two, sometimes three neighbors for the recipe to stay cooking.

EDIT: seems as though I spoke too soon. Now not even visiting multiple bakeries will keep my recipes baking, they're resetting back to the first cooking pixie regardless of what I do before closing. Though my goal progress is still being saved despite these rollbacks. Super confused!

EDIT 2: As of Sunday, August 9, I'm still having the issue regardless of what device I play on.

New things I've noticed:
    - my game subtracts coins from my total every time I bake a recipe even if the recipe resets, the coins stay gone
    - my game remembers the gifts I send and receive without issue (at least from what I can see)
    - cannot reliably purchase Mystery Boxes, usually when I tap on the Box, nothing happens not even the processing screen appears
    - gem purchase went through without issue but the gems only showed up after a force close

EDIT 3: The entire system went down the other day and no one could get into their games across s8 apps - when the system came back online, my baby account went back to normal and is no longer experiencing issues. Yet, my main level 99 account is still UNPLAYABLE. Please s8, if you do not look into this matter I will be left with no choice but to leave. I know this might not matter to you, but as a long time daily player that loves being an active member of the community it is terrible to be forced out in such a way.

I’d recommend you PM’d a mod with your issue. They can pass the issue on to the Storm8 team working on Bakery Story.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Farm Supplier
    Think the problem is the last IOS update. When the update installed, I lost ALL MY FOOD!!!!! I’ve been playing 10 years and had thousands of items and they were never replaced. I have a level 99 bakery and a level 82 bakery. The lower level bakery was not effected!

Nightclub Owner
    I’d recommend you PM’d a mod with your issue. They can pass the issue on to the Storm8 team working on Bakery Story.
    Thanks, I've already started this process days ago because it was obvious to me this was an issue only support can fix. I mainly created this bugs post to gather more info from others (if this wasn't an isolated issue) and so that I can add any new info as it occurs in my game.

Quote Originally Posted by atrekker1 View Post
    Think the problem is the last IOS update. When the update installed, I lost ALL MY FOOD!!!!! I’ve been playing 10 years and had thousands of items and they were never replaced. I have a level 99 bakery and a level 82 bakery. The lower level bakery was not effected!
    Sadly, that's not at all connected to my issue - I'm having issues with my account across devices and accounts. My phone only received the iOS 13.6 update yesterday, which I installed right away though it didn't help or change any of the issues I'm having in my game right now.

When your food disappeared from your counters, did you get the coins for them as though they were all sold? I only ask because the only time I've seen/heard of entire bakeries full of food disappearing is when the game did a flash sale due to a closed/blocked door or some such. If you didn't get the coins added to your total, you should open your own ticket with the team as well.

Quote Originally Posted by atrekker1 View Post
    I updated to iOS 13.6 with no issues.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Farm Supplier
    No, I did not get coins or anything. I have tried to contact Storm8 several times and I can’t seem to be. Le to complete the ticket info. I’ve given up. I think I may just withdraw from the game. No fun anymore. I just tried to complete the ticket, but I just.
    Can’t seem to get the right answers and it is rejected. I give up. I have to realize that Storm8 is not interested in helping to return all my items!
    Last edited by atrekker1; 08-09-20 at 12:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast