139 66.51%
  • Did not receive any random adventure drops

130 62.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/06: Tomb Raiders | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by triplescream View Post
    Same here! I?ve been keeping count and meticulously watching my newsfeed and taking notes. So I?m certain that I?ve gotten 20 answers to my request from very alert neighbours. On top of that Stormy sent his/her tribute so I actually have gotten 21 but the counter stays on 19. I don?t know how many force closings I?ve done.
    Oh, SERENETY NOW!
    I think I?m stuck on 10 till it all resets tomorrow morning. Hoping the last ones come in quickly because I have all the crafting - at least 4 + 6 hours to do tomorrow.

I've started late, so now still doing Chapter 6. Not sure I can finish the event successfully because of necessarity to collect from Falcons every 2 hours which is no-go with my work. I could've done gem-speeding up if the bottleneck was Ivy or Troll Camp, but 8 gems for speeding up 1 Falcon (and later tombs as I see from posts of other players) is way too overpriced. I did approx 17 journeys, got only Cactus and never an additional Oasis. No fun, S8.

Fashion Designer
    Thanks Storm Wind for creating the poll. You and the others on this forum are AMAZING and super helpful. I feel sorry for those who don't utilize the forums but my assumption is they don't play very long because many events would be impossible or close to impossible to succeed at without knowing what to prepare for. This is especially true for this event with long collection times. It also isn't helpful having long crafting times to complete the later chapters.

I don't recall who asked about completing the pyramid after the first timer ran out. You can't. The second timer is for crafting more Sphinx and for those who started later.

It would be cool if there was a way to do various quests we missed or couldn't complete or maybe a Black Friday or something sale. My original account that I stopped playing years ago has the Love Shack but not this account and it would be fantastic to be able to get it. Maybe Storm8 can give us a 2021 Valentine gift and run that story again. It would also be cool if I could transfer items from my old game but I don't think I know my password anymore LOL

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    I lost my game in the middle of doing the love shack quest years ago. I'd love to be able to get it. The pink creatures are adorable and have interesting drops.

I purchased a dark cave formation (30 gems) to test it for gem drop. Out of 10 energy it gave me 8 jewels. So far my favorite consistent jewel givers are the jungle throne and Beatrice. Edit......oops...the cave formation is bought with gems, but upon harvesting will drop jewels.
    Last edited by TeikaEmberstorm; 08-17-20 at 04:18 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post
    I purchased a dark cave formation (30 gems) to test it for gem drop. Out of 10 energy it gave me 8 gems. So far my favorite consistent gem givers are the jungle throne and Beatrice.
    Do you mean Jewels instead of Gems? (as the drop)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    That's correct. Although sometimes it doesn't happen at all, but that's rare I think..
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Castloninian View Post
    I think I?m stuck on 10 till it all resets tomorrow morning. Hoping the last ones come in quickly because I have all the crafting - at least 4 + 6 hours to do tomorrow.
    Yes, it looks as if we’ll get a hectic day tomorrow. Good luck to us all who still have a small chance to finish on time.

Fashion Designer
    Good information, thank you meme1098!

Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    That stays until the event is over for everyone...as some players didn't start on the 1st day, maybe even 2nd or 3rd day. That puts them past first day players.
    Queendom Name - Hyrule

Farm Supplier
    I seems most of my neighbors are no longer playing. I?ve managed to add a few, but I?m stuck on the neighbor request. Would anyone like to be my neighbor? Coleoptera42

Host(ess)
    I finished the event yesterday evening, and all in all, I enjoyed it a lot. I do understand other's frustrations tho, because being a long time player with lots of energy producers, I know I have an advantage. And fortunately, I'm working from home, right now and so could check in regularly into the game. Non-covid times - that wouldn't be able to happen. In the end I did spend 30 gems to speed up collection of the hieroglyphics. Days 8 and 9 were brutal.

A couple of other points: checking into this forum is absolutely critical. Without the prior knowledge of what's ahead, I don't think it's possible for the average player to be successful in most events (except maybe the troll events). So thank you everyone.

The adventure aspect really sucks for me. Once again, I did numerous adventures and never got anything except the cactus. In fact the only time I've ever been successful and received anything special in an adventure in any event, was once when I got the prize 1st or 2nd try. Now I am just resigned to the fact I won't get anything, so I just stop doing adventures except if required. This is why I think a better way than just random - would be awarding certain prizes after a certain number of adventures. At least there would be a reason to keep trying, maybe even to spend some gems and speed it up.

Finally, I really liked the theme and the fact that it was similar to a past desert one. I could put the decorations together to make a bigger desert block. They did this with the Knight event too (and of course Christmas and Halloween and Easter are easy to group as well). Great job Storm8.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0115.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	296.9 KB 
ID:	56265