55 26.32%
  • Collection timers for the tombs too long

139 66.51%
  • Did not receive any random adventure drops

130 62.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 48 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/06: Tomb Raiders | event information on page 1

First of all: I like this event, it has been fun to play and I didn't have any trouble finishing the chapters on time so far. I was always finished way ahead of time. This wouldn't have been possible without the wonderful information provided by SpiritWind, so thanks a lot for that!
    Apparently I also was incredibly lucky with my adventure drops. I only sent out a few extra ones and I've got two extra falcons an one extra desert tomb, all of which I don't really need. I've stopped collecting a while ago because I have all I need. I think this is very unfair when I read how many people struggle, especially with the desert tombs.

Now to my question: I'm on chapter 9 now and I need all those 20 neighbour requests. I read somewhere that there's sort of a cap on those, I think it was 20. If you send out more requests, it gets backlogged and only sent out one or two days later. So I only chose 20 of my active neighbours. But that means that everyone of them has to respond. And even if they do, that will take all day (I'm based in Europe, so no waiting overnight for me). Can somebody tell me more about this neighbour request cap, how high it actually is and the best strategy to deal with it? I really wish I could craft the amulet already. I just hope I'll have enough time tomorrow to hopefully finish chapters 9 and 10. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Inachis2V View Post
    Is anyone here who would accept to respond to my request for Ancient Artifact ?
    Thanks ;-)
    Sure thing, feel free to add me and I'll also send a neighbor request.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Redefix View Post
    First of all: I like this event, it has been fun to play and I didn't have any trouble finishing the chapters on time so far. I was always finished way ahead of time. This wouldn't have been possible without the wonderful information provided by SpiritWind, so thanks a lot for that!
    Apparently I also was incredibly lucky with my adventure drops. I only sent out a few extra ones and I've got two extra falcons an one extra desert tomb, all of which I don't really need. I've stopped collecting a while ago because I have all I need. I think this is very unfair when I read how many people struggle, especially with the desert tombs.

Now to my question: I'm on chapter 9 now and I need all those 20 neighbour requests. I read somewhere that there's sort of a cap on those, I think it was 20. If you send out more requests, it gets backlogged and only sent out one or two days later. So I only chose 20 of my active neighbours. But that means that everyone of them has to respond. And even if they do, that will take all day (I'm based in Europe, so no waiting overnight for me). Can somebody tell me more about this neighbour request cap, how high it actually is and the best strategy to deal with it? I really wish I could craft the amulet already. I just hope I'll have enough time tomorrow to hopefully finish chapters 9 and 10. Thanks in advance for your answers.
    I agree it's unfair. The balance of this event is way off.
    I was one of the lucky ones too, but that also means doing nothing for half the event and swimming in Tombs while other go without. Not a good feeling.

I don't know anything about Neighbor request caps (sending them out).
    Are you sure you don't mean there's a cap on requests/ Ancient Artifacts you can receive? (and presents count as received requests too). That's what I thought.
    I sent out requests to all my 323 Neighbors (in batches of around 80, never sent out more than 100 at once!) and I had all 20 within 30 minutes.
    Thank you so much awesome Neighbors!!

I would love to help other players with requests. Add me as a Neighbor! Storm8 ID : RonjaR82 , Kingdom Name : Fabletown
    Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 08-14-20 at 02:31 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Redefix View Post
    I was trying to find more information on this last night as well.
    I couldn't find an "official source" (like a post in the Newbie Guide https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...or-new-players , or the Wiki, or somewhere kind of summarizing what players have observed), so I think it may have been that "if you send too many requests at once, the system lags" conflated with "you can receive up to 20 gifts per day" (Does anyone get they many? Wow! 👀 )
    I have said 20 requests a few times in this thread myself, so I was doing a quick search for where I "first read" that and didn't find a source.

I can only share my experience, and hope others have more observations/information!

So Far, sending out smaller batches seems to work alright. Going over 20 requests TOTAL hasn't affected me today, BUT sending out OVER 20 at once did seem to make it lag during the last round of neighbor requests.
    Today I sent out smaller batches, first 1 request then 10 then a few more one at a time as other neighbors sent their requests through.
    About 25+ in total? (I've previously limited myself to 20, but as you mentioned since we need 20 accepted requests I was hesitantly seeing when the system would start lagging).

I have noticed some delayed incoming Request notices coming through (restarting the game helps but not always), though my neighbor-accepted-your-request notices are loading in nicely after a restart.
    The accepted requests i've received are a mixture of some I sent in my first batch of 10, and others I sent individually after seeing that those neighbors were active/online (I have a feeling some neighbors in different timezones stayed up late and went to sleep. 😊 ) .

This is of course a limited observation over the last 2-3 hours; i'm not sure exactly where the hiccup lies, my best guess is that it may be in sending Bulk/Too Many requests at once.
    I have seen other people in forum posts saying that if you send too many, the system lags and then sends the requests in smaller chunks until you're all caught up. So your requests get backlogged, and then you can't send any new requests until the system finishes sending out the old.
    I don't know if that kicks in after a certain number (is 20 at once just many people's "safe cutoff"?) or because of bulk requests.

If anyone was able to find a source or has more info, i'd love to hear too! ❤️

EDIT: Annnd RonjaR82's game was apparently fine with 323 requests in batches of 80-100+. Wow. 😂

I wonder if the system just handles request loads differently on different days/activity levels and we've all developed some little rituals that get passed on. 😅❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 08-14-20 at 02:19 AM.

Host(ess)
    I'll keep checking for neighbour requests and respond as soon as I see them, but I'm giving up! The hieroglyphic drought has defeated me!

Executive Chef
    The hieroglyphics drought has done me in too. As with day 7, day 8 has me needing two collections into day 9 in order to start the next chapter. Unless miracle drops happen, I won't even get the 20 needed in chapter 9 before the event ends.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post

EDIT: Annnd RonjaR82's game was apparently fine with 323 requests in batches of 80-100+. Wow. ��

I wonder if the system just handles request loads differently on different days/activity levels and we've all developed some little rituals that get passed on. ��❤️
    You can send out as many requests as you want. Over the years I have accumulated over 1000 neighbors and since there’s no easy way to know who is still playing and who isn’t, I send out requests to all in batches of about 500. You can try to resend to the same neighbors on the same day but the system will tell you that those requests did not go through. The system somehow only lets about 20 or so responses per day. So the first day you’ll get around 20 responses. Some neighbors see the requests on subsequent days so you’ll get more responses over the subsequent days. The maximum number of responses I have received to my 1000+ blast is about 60.

Executive Chef
    I agree, you can send out as many as you want. But I see a problem with that only if we have to send out 2 requests for a different item in the same event. In this event it was first maps and now artifacts.
    I don't want any old requests for maps showing up to anyone, when what I really need is artifacts.
    So first round I send out smaller batches and the least amount I can so hopefully there aren't any map requests still lagging behind when I get to second requests.
    Last requests, send out as many as you want.

Rhino Keeper
    I was thinking about that too and wondered if S8 would automatically expire the old requests when we send the new ones.

Fashion Designer
    Thank you, are1000! ❤️ That's really good to know- definitely a lot higher than I thought!