139 66.51%
  • Did not receive any random adventure drops

130 62.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 44 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/06: Tomb Raiders | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    I have not gotten 4 hieroglyphics per collection. Over the last 3 collections I have gotten 3 across the 2 tombs so you have to replace the ?2?s in the equation above with 1.5 which brings the total to 42.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    Everyone's math seems to assume that everyone's drops are consistent or at least similar, and that they can complete a certain number of collections consistently, but if the forum is any indication players have fallen into either Great, Good (me), Poor, or HORRIBLE drop rates...
    The point of my math was to show that even with the best drops (average 2) it was impossible for a normal player to get 60 Hieroglyphics to finish this event.
    With 1.5 rate it's worse of course and still impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by olcastle View Post
    The point of my math was to show that even with the best drops (average 2) it was impossible for a normal player to get 60 Hieroglyphics to finish this event.
    Thanks for posting, olcastle. I think this is more than norm than the higher drop rates. Unfortunately it seems some of us are just sol with the drops in this event.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Thanks for posting, olcastle. I think this is more than norm than the higher drop rates.
    In this case even the gameplay with setting timers will not be successful:

(4+5+5+3)*2*1.5=51<60

Quote Originally Posted by Passera View Post
    It's for the tome translation craft we need to do on chapter 10. You need 10 of them. Page one has all the information you need.
    Thanks! I see it now. I?ll never get to chapter 10. Sigh. Only getting 1 or 2 hieroglyphs per tomb per drop.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Thanks for posting, olcastle. I think this is more than norm than the higher drop rates. Unfortunately it seems some of us are just sol with the drops in this event.
    Fool me twice, shame on me.
    I quit the game for a year because I had spent real money on a chapter challenge and then failed to finish a few years ago. This time I thought I had done the calculations. I sped up the chapter to request from neighbors, I bought an extra falcon because I can't baby my game every two hours, but now if I want to finish, I will have to buy a desert tomb for 250 gems? I did adventures until I ran out of roast chicken, and can now only do three or four a day as I collect the chicken, but still nothing but cactus rewards.
    Kicking myself for not learning the first time.

Fashion Designer
    I understand! My point was more that whether it's possible/impossible for a player to finish was dependent on the player's luck category for the event; not at all contrasting to what you were trying to illustrate, rather "so sometimes the math works buuuut we can't control our drop rate" (can only increase total collections, which may not work if their realm's drop rate is horrible, and just plain isn't possible for some if their days/free-time vary).
    I would've considered myself a "normal" player, but I suppose i'm one of the lucky ones (with loads of time) this time. 😅

Rhino Keeper
    In this case even the gameplay with setting timers will not be successful:

(4+5+5+3)*2*1.5=51<60
    My 4 collections yesterday gave me 11, so no hope of finishing.
    Shame, because I spent gems on this challenge already.
    No point in wasting good money after bad.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceglimmer View Post
    Fool me twice, shame on me.
    I quit the game for a year because I had spent real money on a chapter challenge and then failed to finish a few years ago. This time I thought I had done the calculations. I sped up the chapter to request from neighbors, I bought an extra falcon because I can't baby my game every two hours, but now if I want to finish, I will have to buy a desert tomb for 250 gems? I did adventures until I ran out of roast chicken, and can now only do three or four a day as I collect the chicken, but still nothing but cactus rewards.
    Kicking myself for not learning the first time.
    Ironically their $9.99 package (250 Gem equivalent at normal prices) includes a Desert Tomb right now...

"Oh look you can get allllll this for 'just' the price of a Tomb!!" But you guys are the ones who set the price and the drop rates! 😂

Not cool. Generally I accept that with sorta-free-to-play games there's going to be a time/money tradeoff, but when people sink BOTH into an event and still can't make it?
    That's bad.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    I understand! My point was more that whether it's possible/impossible for a player to finish was dependent on the player's luck category for the event; not at all contrasting to what you were trying to illustrate, rather "so sometimes the math works buuuut we can't control our drop rate" (can only increase total collections, which may not work if their realm's drop rate is horrible, and just plain isn't possible for some if their days/free-time vary).
    I would've considered myself a "normal" player, but I suppose i'm one of the lucky ones (with loads of time) this time. 
    My strategy is "stop sleeping". Very far from "normal" player LOL

Executive Chef
    Just got 5 hieroglyphics from my 2 tombs, so good start to the day.