139 66.51%
  • Did not receive any random adventure drops

130 62.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 41 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/06: Tomb Raiders | event information on page 1

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamaforbes View Post
    Look in your inventory, I hadn't realized I had them in there.

I look in my inventory after each collection even though I’m watching for it. Nothing. It’s getting depressing really.

Executive Chef

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by blazeyace View Post
    I look in my inventory after each collection even though I?m watching for it. Nothing. It?s getting depressing really.
    me too I check my inventory because so many people suggest it but nothing is there. At least now I can use some of the cacti I'm getting

Often Storm8 increases the drop rates when they get so many complaints or more and more they have special packages like the current one where we can buy 2 parrots but I will NOT spend any money this time; I've had enough and no longer really care. Guess I'm at the last stage of grief; acceptance that it is what it is; the game I loved has died and I need to just accept it and move on

Quote Originally Posted by doodledoo20000 View Post
    Still stuck on 3.4. I can?t believe it. I?m almost tempted to gem skip but then I?d have to buy an oasis tree (or more?I?ve been on endless adventures hoping to get one and have only gotten cactus each time) but I doubt I?d make it through the event at this point?especially with all the friend requests. Not worth it. All because of a reset... I really wish Storm8 would have helped me. ☹️
    Well, my fourth full day of wishing Storm8 would replace the two saplings I lost in a glitch. And I've been doing adventures ever since hoping to get one to drop but have had exactly zero drops... If I'd known this would happen I really might have skipped with gems, but so early in an event, it is taking a bit too much of a chance for me. I can't believe how sad it makes me to not be able to participate. I don't even want to play the game at all. I guess that means it might be good to give it up. There's enough in real life to be sad about. I'm going to have to show a lot more compassion to people stuck in this kind of situation in the future, that's for sure!

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    @SpiritWind any thoughts? This is pretty depressing.
    I am in the same boat. I've had no adventure drops at all either, despite going on a bazillion of them. I'm just taking 1 day and 1 chapter at a time and I'm getting all of the resources needed for each upgrade a little after the new day starts. I'm not working ahead either.

As I'm working from home I can babysit my game all day and this has been the only way I've been able to keep up with each chapter. I crafted 2 Seraphina's but that's all, so not expending much energy on this event but it's definitely time intensive. Not giving up yet though... the first couple of goals on each day for the final few chapters are easy, it's the upgrading that's going to take the time, so spending a little over 1 day on a chapter might be ok.

Maybe we can have a poll at the conclusion to see how many were able to finish?

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    There isn't any reason to check your storage apart from the 2 goals that reward the oasis tree and falcon for completing goals. if you get a drop from the adventure it's a freefall one, and only the cactus is in the crate. Agree a drop rate increase is in order!

Executive Chef
    I think everyone’s math is a little off ...
    The Desert Tombs have a 4hr timer - or 6 collections a day.
    (5 collections if you allow for 8hrs sleep)
    A Desert Tomb usually drops 2 Hieroglyphics and 1 Sphinx Tribute.
    And we have two of those.
    So that’s 5 collections x 2 Hieroglyphics x 2 Desert Tombs x 4 Days =
    80 Hieroglyphics!
    (96 Hieroglyphics if you’re a zombie without sleep haha)
    We only need 60.

Agreed it’s tight - but doable.

Those lucky enough to have a mystical third (or fourth!) Desert Tomb drop from the adventure will be cruising.
    I’ve only sent out the quest required adventures so far (so 9) and had nothing but cactus.

Otherwise an easy event, I’ve already collected and crafted everything except the Hieroglyphics.
    Great animation design that goes with the Desert Palace from years ago.
    Cleo is great.

What is the Sphinx tribute for? I can?t place it in my kingdom.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaobella64 View Post
    What is the Sphinx tribute for? I can?t place it in my kingdom.
    It's for the tome translation craft we need to do on chapter 10. You need 10 of them. Page one has all the information you need.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    I think everyone’s math is a little off ...
    The Desert Tombs have a 4hr timer - or 6 collections a day.
    (5 collections if you allow for 8hrs sleep)
    A Desert Tomb usually drops 2 Hieroglyphics and 1 Sphinx Tribute.
    And we have two of those.
    So that’s 5 collections x 2 Hieroglyphics x 2 Desert Tombs x 4 Days =
    80 Hieroglyphics!
    (96 Hieroglyphics if you’re a zombie without sleep haha)
    We only need 60.

Agreed it’s tight - but doable.
    If we're allowing people to sleep 8 hours, only 16 hours left.
    The only way to make 5 collections is to set timers and be able to collect without any delay, otherwise the schedule will be off.
    I think it's unrealistic and unfair demand from the game developers.

So the only sustainable way is to make 4 collections per day, taking in account that there one less collection on the first day
    (because we lost 4 hours after receiving the tombs from the adventure) and only 3 collections is possible on the last day (because of 4 hours last Scarab Amulet craft).
    So (3+4+4+3)*2*2=56 Hieroglyphics.

If the drop rate is 1.5 as some players reported then only 42 Hieroglyphics could be collected with normal play:
    (3+4+4+3)*2*1.5=42
    Last edited by olcastle; 08-13-20 at 11:42 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    There isn't any reason to check your storage apart from the 2 goals that reward the oasis tree and falcon for completing goals. if you get a drop from the adventure it's a freefall one, and only the cactus is in the crate. Agree a drop rate increase is in order!
    I don't get your logic.. If the special Adventure drops would be in the crate, you couldn't miss them. But now they are free fall (and you don't stand around your castle and wait to see what drops) you might and it's good to check.

I'm really sorry everyone is have such a hard time with the Hieroglyphics.
    Such a shame this isn't a fun and positive event for all of us.