• Collection timers for the tombs too long

139 66.51%
  • Did not receive any random adventure drops

130 62.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 25 of 78 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/06: Tomb Raiders | event information on page 1

Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    I have King's Keeps and I am getting some of the "extra" drops. I do think the algorithms are skewed a tiny bit towards people who spend real $$ (which I do). From a business perspective, I would expect this.....people who spend $ need to be motivated to continue spending! At least in the USA, we have Loyalty rewards for most every business I can think of: airlines, gasoline companies, hotels, grocery stores, other retailers. Soda pop companies run contests with tokens inside bottle caps. And here, gems are intermittently on sale.....or offer event related bonuses. I like the business model that allows one to play for free to see if you enjoy the game, then can spend $ if you want to maximize game return (gemming ahead, getting specialty items with gems, getting Value Packs, etc)
    I have the Queens Court and I get a "special item" almost every time from the adventure. I have gotten two more wells, two more falcons, and I just got the desert tomb. Plus I get the desert cactus everytime from the box. I think its just a game of chance and i dont usually spend my own money on this game nor speed anythign up.

Executive Chef
    I have Queens Court and have only gotten the cactus (all 15 of them...)

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    Despite not liking this event's structure, I'm looking for positives or fun things about it. Have you noticed the oasis starts off small but it seems to grow? The water is scant and tree small to begin with. And the paw print on the sphinx's riddle page is a cat's paw. Her "hands" are bird talons, so she would have marked it with her hind feet. May be an error but it's cute. I've not found out yet why the falcons are perched on top of books.
    Last edited by TeikaEmberstorm; 08-10-20 at 11:46 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    I did get the Give Wheat goal (Give 20 Wheat), but not give Glimmerbulbs.

I'm on lower-lvl requirements.

Is it an either/or?

Edit: Hey so it looks like it's an either/or, both steps are listed as "5-1" on the front page so you'd either get 5-1 to give Wheat (Lower level maybe) or 5-1 to give Glimmerbulbs (Higher level maybe) ?

Just to be sure, did anyone have to do both?

The other same-goal-numbered are: 8-3 (Give Grits, or Give Pasta), and 10-2 (Give Breaded Fish, or Give Hearty Feast).
    Wish i'd noticed sooner, I went and prepped all of them. 😅

(Oh well, more supply for adventure trades and elves! ❤️)
    Good catch!

Quote Originally Posted by cascadia59 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Add me for responses to requests: cascadia59 (T Town)
    I?ve also sent an invitation, thanks 😀

I?ve been playing since January, and have gotten the adventure prize three or four times, maybe? So far for this event, I?ve gotten two extra trees, an extra falcon and a desert tomb. I do spend real $ regularly (I figure it comes out of my entertainment budget) but not for every event. More in the first month or so than recently.

And can I just say the forum has been a HUGE help? Seems like every time I have a question, the answer is here somewhere, so thanks to SpiritWind and all the other contributors.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by newpam575 View Post
    A couple of things:
    1) ...

2) Higher level kingdoms/queendom you need to visit two taverns so make sure you have two out or you will be waiting eight hours between visits.
    Thanks for the heads up! This would have been hugely annoying 🤬

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cascadia59 View Post
    Now, don't laugh, but I am wondering if there is a difference in the type of castle you have - I have the Queen's court. Those who get all these nice extras from adventures, could you tell me what type of castle you have. (I realize it shouldn't make a difference, but who knows???)
    I also have a Queen?s Court and I?m getting very good Adventure drops this event.
    (alas not so much in other events with 1 special adventure prize)

Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    Good catch!
    I still dont understand lower level. Because I got wheat and I am level 41. Doesnt lower level cut off at 40?

Edit: In regards to wheat vs. glimmerbulb sry I thought I was quoting differently

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    I did get the Give Wheat goal (Give 20 Wheat), but not give Glimmerbulbs.

I'm on lower-lvl requirements.

Is it an either/or?

Edit: Hey so it looks like it's an either/or, both steps are listed as "5-1" on the front page so you'd either get 5-1 to give Wheat (Lower level maybe) or 5-1 to give Glimmerbulbs (Higher level maybe) ?

Just to be sure, did anyone have to do both?

The other same-goal-numbered are: 8-3 (Give Grits, or Give Pasta), and 10-2 (Give Breaded Fish, or Give Hearty Feast).
    Wish i'd noticed sooner, I went and prepped all of them. 😅

(Oh well, more supply for adventure trades and elves! ❤️)
    I had to give both - long time level 50

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by stormyskater View Post
    I had to give both - long time level 50
    Me too, and I'm long time level 50 as well.

As for Sofia Deo's comment about spending money - I've thought of that, but I actually do spend money on this game - not a huge amount but I usually buy the options for unlimited energy for events, occasionally buy special decor that help with events, and lately, piles of ice cream and snowballs for the Baron's tent. Still I have the most dried up castle when it comes to adventures, than probably anybody!