55 26.32%
  • Collection timers for the tombs too long

139 66.51%
  • Did not receive any random adventure drops

130 62.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/06: Tomb Raiders | event information on page 1

There is 4 days left to make stuff in the workshop to finish building the pyramid. So why was the Scarub compass, etc removed from the workshop?? Just because the event has expired doesn?t mean everything else has. The little 5 day goal popped up a day ago. Can someone please fix this problem. I just want to finish building the pyramid. And yes I realize I won?t get the grand prize but if the game is going to allow us to finish the pyramid they shouldn?t take away what is needed to finish building. Thanks in advance for your help in getting this fixed

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Spar2kles View Post
    There is 4 days left to make stuff in the workshop to finish building the pyramid. So why was the Scarub compass, etc removed from the workshop?? Just because the event has expired doesn?t mean everything else has. The little 5 day goal popped up a day ago. Can someone please fix this problem. I just want to finish building the pyramid. And yes I realize I won?t get the grand prize but if the game is going to allow us to finish the pyramid they shouldn?t take away what is needed to finish building. Thanks in advance for your help in getting this fixed
    And I thought I was the only one with that problem.....😭

Rhino Keeper
    Why does it say 4 days left on the event items when the event is done?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Spar2kles View Post
    I don?t think you?re ever allowed to finish building the Event Building after the event has ended.
    What 5 day goal do you mean?
    Last edited by RonjaR82; 08-16-20 at 05:43 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrewS11 View Post
    Why does it say 4 days left on the event items when the event is done?
    In this event you could start at a later time or a later date ( resulting in ending a couple of days later).
    After 4 days though, the event is finished for everyone, no matter when you started.

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    I checked for neighbor requests every two hours yesterday all the way up till bedtime, force closing my game each time. I didn't get as many as expected. But this morning I received 5 requests for this event. Which probably means at least 5 of my neighbors had stuck requests and weren't able to finish.

I agree with what Stormaurora42 said. I'd like to add my thoughts on the event:

Forum Admins - You are bending over backwards in helping your player base succeed and enjoy the gaming experience. We could not play this game without your help. You are giving outstanding customer service! Thank you for your dedication and hard work.

Story - I enjoyed the story, the writing was uplifting and fun. It's nice to have new characters in my kingdom with interesting story lines.

Art - The art is beautiful. They have talented artists that work hard and give beautiful items both for story lines and our kingdoms.

Format - I like the concept and format of a chapter story. Having it delivered in windowed format gives a feeling of fresh content.

Pacing - The intentional bottleneck in stopping progress of the story daily was disrupting enough it wrecked my enjoyment of the event and made me feel like I would not finish from the beginning. I found it stressful rather than fun. Intentionally stopping game play is not a good way to keep your player base playing, which is what you want. Disallowing gathering of resources after a chapter is finished is another intentional bottleneck that adds to the stop and go disjointedness. Having an event designed in a way that makes people feel they must loose sleep is not taking care of your customer base. Some of your customers work during the day. From reading feedback on the forum, I think having two differing event timers (event/building ending first, and having a longer timer on Sphinx) could be confusing.

Adventures- You need to reconfigure your algorithm regarding the drops from adventures. Seriously. It's terribly unbalanced and creates a bad feeling for people who get nothing, and makes people who get items feel bad as it feels like an unfair advantage. RNG (random number generator) can be done successfully.

Neighbor Requests - The coding problem for neighbor requests needs to be assessed, especially if this was the same problem found in the 3 little pigs event (which means it is a known problem, and it was still released). The bug where players don't get the requests (stopping at 19/20 even though they accepted more) is a problem that needs to be fixed.

Reward - I think the rewards for this event are very nice.

I agree with RonjaR82 in saying it is difficult to enjoy my rewards from completing the event, when so many had trouble doing so.

Generally I feel like you do well in all of the above listed areas, including pacing, except for the adventure RNG which seems to be a continuing issue in each event, and the neighbor requests have a continuing coding problem too.

I tend to be a loyal gamer, and I have played a lot of games over the years. My husband and I have been gaming since 1989. He plays MMOs but I play MMO and games on my iPad. We have played subscription games, so I do buy some gems. Despite my unhappiness with this event, I normally very much enjoy playing Castle Story. There is a lot that you do well and get right. But please do take a look at the bugs and pacing. Thank you for the work you put into the game.
    Last edited by TeikaEmberstorm; 08-16-20 at 06:24 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    In this event you could start at a later time or a later date ( resulting in ending a couple of days later).
    After 4 days though, the event is finished for everyone, no matter when you started.
    Thanks for responding

Rhino Keeper
    So weekday warrior won’t happen until the 4 days is up?

Fashion Designer
    I still have the option to build another Sphinx.
    Do we know when that will go away as I am considering making another?
    Queendom Name - Hyrule

Rhino Keeper
    Addition to the poll: I could hardly ever log in. Once I tried for one hour until I succeeded. Got lots of "requires Internet access" messages even though I did have internet access on my end with sufficient bandwidth. And I know this because I also have other storm8 accounts which I could log into without any problem.

And with another (lower level) account, I failed because I did not have enough jewels and whenever I mined a rock outcropping or collected from a mine I did not get any jewels, just silver, rocks and ore. Besides, on lower levels people hardly ever have enough energy or gems to compensate such problems.