Thread: Castle Story 8/06: Tomb Raiders | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    I guess you had the LL requirements.
    No,
    I am at level 50 !

Fashion Designer
    Thank you for the analysis Hagypagy.
    I was also worried, however as always I just keep going and everything works itself out.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    I think everyone?s math is a little off ...
    The Desert Tombs have a 4hr timer - or 6 collections a day.
    (5 collections if you allow for 8hrs sleep)
    A Desert Tomb usually drops 2 Hieroglyphics and 1 Sphinx Tribute.
    And we have two of those.
    So that?s 5 collections x 2 Hieroglyphics x 2 Desert Tombs x 4 Days =
    80 Hieroglyphics!
    (96 Hieroglyphics if you?re a zombie without sleep haha)
    We only need 60.

Agreed it?s tight - but doable.

Those lucky enough to have a mystical third (or fourth!) Desert Tomb drop from the adventure will be cruising.
    I?ve only sent out the quest required adventures so far (so 9) and had nothing but cactus.

Otherwise an easy event, I?ve already collected and crafted everything except the Hieroglyphics.
    Great animation design that goes with the Desert Palace from years ago.
    Cleo is great.
    Queendom Name - Hyrule

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I am in the same boat. I've had no adventure drops at all either, despite going on a bazillion of them. I'm just taking 1 day and 1 chapter at a time and I'm getting all of the resources needed for each upgrade a little after the new day starts. I'm not working ahead either.

As I'm working from home I can babysit my game all day and this has been the only way I've been able to keep up with each chapter. I crafted 2 Seraphina's but that's all, so not expending much energy on this event but it's definitely time intensive. Not giving up yet though... the first couple of goals on each day for the final few chapters are easy, it's the upgrading that's going to take the time, so spending a little over 1 day on a chapter might be ok.

Maybe we can have a poll at the conclusion to see how many were able to finish?
    This is S8 (well maybe the new new owners) annual no-win week event to generate cash for the company. A lot of times these events don?t even have a castle, medieval theme to it which is a good give away. Some will say, it can be done with cash........BUT, is it fun if you don?t sleep for a week and squirrel yourself the whole week in you house grinding out the requirements for completing this event? Ooooooooh fun fun

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    I get a drop rate for Hieroglyphics of less then 1.5 per visit. So I hope the drop rate increases in the coming days else I won't make it. And I am nearly a zombie player!
    Same here. And I'm in that group who hasn't had anything but cacti drop from adventures. I'm behind by a day I think and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to make it.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Inachis2V View Post
    No,
    I am at level 50 !
    The mystery deepens ...

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I am in the same boat. I've had no adventure drops at all either, despite going on a bazillion of them. I'm just taking 1 day and 1 chapter at a time and I'm getting all of the resources needed for each upgrade a little after the new day starts. I'm not working ahead either.

As I'm working from home I can babysit my game all day and this has been the only way I've been able to keep up with each chapter. I crafted 2 Seraphina's but that's all, so not expending much energy on this event but it's definitely time intensive. Not giving up yet though... the first couple of goals on each day for the final few chapters are easy, it's the upgrading that's going to take the time, so spending a little over 1 day on a chapter might be ok.

Maybe we can have a poll at the conclusion to see how many were able to finish?
    Yes to the poll, please.

Executive Chef
    I don't think I'll send out any more adventures with the slim (non-existing) chances of getting a tomb. With my luck I'd get a rustic well or another pond. And I can buy more cactus if I need anymore. I'm going to just play along and hope for good drops of hieroglyphics.
    Also my game has been so laggy and unstable, I can't keep a strict time line. This will be a hit or miss for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    I think everyone?s math is a little off ...
    The Desert Tombs have a 4hr timer - or 6 collections a day.
    (5 collections if you allow for 8hrs sleep)
    A Desert Tomb usually drops 2 Hieroglyphics and 1 Sphinx Tribute.
    And we have two of those.
    So that?s 5 collections x 2 Hieroglyphics x 2 Desert Tombs x 4 Days =
    80 Hieroglyphics!
    (96 Hieroglyphics if you?re a zombie without sleep haha)
    We only need 60.

Agreed it?s tight - but doable.

Those lucky enough to have a mystical third (or fourth!) Desert Tomb drop from the adventure will be cruising.
    I?ve only sent out the quest required adventures so far (so 9) and had nothing but cactus.

Otherwise an easy event, I?ve already collected and crafted everything except the Hieroglyphics.
    Great animation design that goes with the Desert Palace from years ago.
    Cleo is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by olcastle View Post
    If we're allowing people to sleep 8 hours, only 16 hours left.
    The only way to make 5 collections is to set timers and be able to collect without any delay, otherwise the schedule will be off.
    I think it's unrealistic and unfair demand from the game developers.

So the only sustainable way is to make 4 collections per day, taking in account that there one less collection on the first day
    (because we lost 4 hours after receiving the tombs from the adventure) and only 3 collections is possible on the last day (because of 6 hours Translations of the Tomb craft).
    So (3+4+4+3)*2*2=56 Hieroglyphics.
    Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    I have not gotten 4 hieroglyphics per collection. Over the last 3 collections I have gotten 3 across the 2 tombs so you have to replace the ?2?s in the equation above with 1.5 which brings the total to 42.
    Lots of calculations here but the bottom line is a lot of players are not getting more than 3 hieroglyphs at a time collecting from both tombs.

Something needs to give here S8! Bottom line is, at the present rate, not a lot of players will finish without using gems or pulling out the plastic.
    Please increase the drops from the tombs.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Inachis2V View Post
    No,
    I am at level 50 !
    Maybe your pasta isn’t tasty enough
    ;-)
    Kingdom: Peroldrado
    (Gem confirmation button please)

Fashion Designer
    May I just send my spare parts to those who are struggling to finish, please? 😣
    I know we don't have any sort of trading system, and prooobably won't (can you imagine the market if old event items became tradeable?! 😍 ) but I just wish I could help out. 😥

Other than struggles with Neighbor requests (accepted requests appearing waaaay late), i've had a fairly easy time this event. There were 3.5 days of stressing out over whether i'd make it (drops were a bit shady at first) as opposed to my usual 2-3 days, but i've been lucky with the Adventure drops for this event. 😔
    I've been doing one chapter at a time, no Gem spending but I did Zombie a bit (for extra collections) and I used a Boost on my Workshops to fly through some hourly crafting and give myself a break that evening. I'm actually totally done collecting materials aside from 9 More Hieroglyphics, and i'll be able to get those today. I have only crafted 1 Seraphina so lots of my energy went to collecting crafting material instead of battling- then I just have to trust that the Neighbor requests system will behave tomorrow 😅. And craft the pieces that have yet to be unlocked in later chapters.

Everyone's math seems to assume that everyone's drops are consistent or at least similar, and that they can complete a certain number of collections consistently, and if the forum is any indication players have fallen into either Great, Good (me), Poor, or HORRIBLE drop rates...
    Strange to see that a player's event success this time seems to have been literally determined by their luck RNG category for the WHOLE event (consistently good, consistently mixed, or bad).

Good luck to everyone, and I hope S8 is able to make this event more accessible for those who are time-limited and stuck in a drop-desert 😥! ❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 08-13-20 at 06:40 AM.