• Collection timers for the tombs too long

139 66.51%
  • Did not receive any random adventure drops

130 62.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 46 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/06: Tomb Raiders | event information on page 1

Host(ess)
    Sad to hear that so many are struggling with the hieroglyphics.

Update: I still have not received anything from the adventures other than cactus. (For fun, I even sold my Queen's keep, bought a King's keep and tried that for a couple of days - no difference! - which in truth is what I expected. I sold that one and am back to the Queen's)

Having said all this, I do think this event is doable and so far only spent 4 gems on speeding up my tombs last night so I could do one more collection before bed. Today I am on day 8 and a strict schedule of collecting every 4 hours - 5 collections. I'm hoping to get the 11 more I need today and maybe some extras for the 20 I need tomorrow. You only need 10 the final day. I've also already completed all the other items like the compasses and nectar. Thank goodness I'm working at home!

Tomorrow or day 9, IMO, looks the most challenging. My strategy is to stay up until midnight (which I usually do anyways) and make sure I send out my requests to neighbours before I go to bed. I hate waiting on receiving these as you have little control, but thanks to the many new neighbours who added me or accepted my invitation earlier in the event, i hope to have a good chance at waking up to most of the Ancient Artifacts.

Those of you who managed to receive an extra tomb, are indeed lucky!

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    Staying up to invite is a good idea. In what time zone is the midnight turnover?

Level 36 it only asked me for grits. I'm not sure if higher levels are asked for the pasta I hope it won't delay you too much.

I would love a poll. If one is set up, it would be nice if it could include both did you finish and did you enjoy it.
    Last edited by TeikaEmberstorm; 08-13-20 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post
    Staying up to invite is a good idea. In what time zone is the midnight turnover?

Level 36 it only asked me for grits. I'm not sure if higher levels are asked for the pasta I hope it won't delay you too much.

I would love a poll. If one is set up, it would be nice if it could include both did you finish and did you enjoy it.
    S8 is in California so turnover is Pacific Daylight Time.

I'm a long time level 50 & had to give 7 pasta. Hope others are able to easily handle it. Since the beginning I've always kept my crafting buildings working. A strategy lower levels hopefully employ to make tasks easier.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Host(ess)
    [QUOTE=meme1098;1626164]S8 is in California so turnover is Pacific Daylight Time.

Well that would explain why it is also at midnight my time, as I too, am in Pacific Daylight.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSanctuary View Post
    Yes after you complete the goal to craft the first of each item you can work ahead by crafting the total needed for the event. There is only one goal for each of the crafts so after you make your first compass you can continue to craft the 11 total needed to upgrade the pyramid.
    Thank you so much for responding, I really appreciate it!

I started a day late, which means I’m on chapter 7 with 3 days to go. I have 3 hieroglyphs, and need 15 to finish chapter 7, which means there is NO WAY for me to finish on time. I’ve spent most of this event waiting to start the next chapter. It’s ridiculous to not allow late starters to catch up. It’s ridiculous to have to wait 11 hours (or spend 70 gems - what?!) to start a new chapter early. We should be able to progress through an event when goals are reached. What a waste of time.

I’d love to give my option in a poll. This could have been a really cool event without the stupid wait times for starting new chapters.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    We were awarded 2 desert tombs so I hope you got both.
    Thanks, meme! I found the other two this morning. I had one from an adventure, so now I do have three. In my secondary game, I have 5! I spend the same amount of money in both games, so I don?t know what that means for the theories going around.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by shoshiseagull View Post
    I?d love to give my option in a poll. This could have been a really cool event without the stupid wait times for starting new chapters.
    Keep your chapters open. All kinds of crafting, collections, fighting beasts...can be done without any wait times.
    Don't do those upgrades to the pyramid until you're ready. That's what closes your chapter.
    Last edited by riverly; 08-13-20 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Pyramid--- not tomb!

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    I've stopped doing adventures so I can work on the 40 mysterious riddles needed for making the Sphinx. I get one to spawn about every 7 farm houses. So I'm doing one every hour or two.