• Collection timers for the tombs too long

139 66.51%
  • Did not receive any random adventure drops

130 62.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 24 of 78 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/06: Tomb Raiders | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    There's a Chance of falcons (and many other things that have been reported dropping) from the Adventure, but I haven't had any extra drop.

Hope they respond soon, HuckleTown! I'm at 8/10! 😂
    Vs. I've accepted requests for over 30 of my neighbors for this event today. 👍
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 08-10-20 at 08:35 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    A couple of things:
    1) Sone people started their chapter event later. For example I started on Saturday so I am only on day three / chapter three today. Be mindful of this because some people won't be asking for the first neighbor requests today. In the days to come don't assume they don't need them and decline them just because you have moved on to another chapter. If you are not sure ask or check the level of their oasis. Note, I am checking my game more today because I know neighbors are sending requests.

2) Higher level kingdoms/queendom you need to visit two taverns so make sure you have two out or you will be waiting eight hours between visits.
    Thuakie Sword #19

Farm Supplier
    I'm feeling amazingly lucky. So far I have received 4 falcons and 3 desert tombs in total from adventures.

Host(ess)
    Hi everyone,
    A couple of things:
    1) A month ago, I went through my neighbour list and did some serious culling as well over half the people were inactive (in fairness, I've had some for several years). I now have a much sparser list, which of course is problematic for events like this, which ask for you to contact 15 neighbours. I've put out a few invitations and would invite anyone else who needs someone to respond, to invite me as well.
    2) I have terrible luck with adventures. In events like the last one, where you have a chance to win a special gift - I never get it. In fact since these types of events started, I've only once ever got the special item. In this event, I have yet to receive anything but the cactus and I've been out over 20 times already.
    Now, don't laugh, but I am wondering if there is a difference in the type of castle you have - I have the Queen's court. Those who get all these nice extras from adventures, could you tell me what type of castle you have. (I realize it shouldn't make a difference, but who knows???)

Add me for responses to requests: cascadia59 (T Town)

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    I'm wondering if the wheat request is for lower level players, and glimmerbulb request is for higher. I'm lvl 36 and my request was for wheat.

I played way back in the time of the valentine building that allowed crafting pink critters. I lost my game so was gone for a while. Back then I was never able to get the adventure special item. I've been back since April/May and I've gotten one item from the adventure. I tried hard for the seahorse, but on the last event, I got the reward on my second adventure. In both kingdoms I've chosen the queen's court.

I do wonder about the Baron's tent. I've gotten some nice rewards (4 mint alicorns, 3 peacocks, 1 skunkupine) this month. From reading other posts, some players weren't even getting any show up at all. I do spend a small amount of money on gems. I don't know if that matters or not, but I do wonder about some of the algorithms.
    Last edited by TeikaEmberstorm; 08-10-20 at 10:27 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by cascadia59 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Add me for responses to requests: cascadia59 (T Town)
    Just sent an invitation.

I also had not received any special prizes from adventures until the last event. In this event, I'm Only getting cactus (except for the items that we will all get to continue playing - oasis and falcon). I am not getting any of the extra things that people are reporting. I wonder if these people routinely get the special prize from adventures in previous events. I have a King's Keep.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I collected from my overnight adventure too, but immediately started another one. I hope I'm wrong but I think I'll be tied up with these neighbor requests for a couple of hours anyway.
    Yes, I think today we'll all have extra time for adventures. I wrote that tip before I realized the adventure was after the neighbor requests, but the day before I think the search was the first goal.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    Yes, I think today we'll all have extra time for adventures. I wrote that tip before I realized the adventure was after the neighbor requests, but the day before I think the search was the first goal.
    I think it's a good tip. I start an overnight adventure each night.
    and because of the notes on page one, I know whether to wait to collect my cactus (hah) or collect my cactus (hah) and move on to another adventure. Hah hah!

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post

I do wonder about the Baron's tent. I've gotten some nice rewards (4 mint alicorns, 3 peacocks, 1 skunkupine) this month. From reading other posts, some players weren't even getting any show up at all. I do spend a small amount of money on gems. I don't know if that matters or not, but I do wonder about some of the algorithms.
    I really shouldn't complain because I have really good luck with the Baron's tent. So far I have 5 mint alicorns and 3 popped up on a Sunday so I was able to complete the puzzle on the Monday morning with ordinary cabbages. Honestly, the Baron's tent is one of the best purchases I've made. It has been the source of a lot of daily alicorns and other energy-giving prizes which are pretty much essential to make progress in the game.

Just wanted to add that I really like the theme and art in this event. I've added the items to a now expanded desert plot I have that had the Desert Palace from a few years ago. Looks good.

Executive Chef
    I have King's Keeps and I am getting some of the "extra" drops. I do think the algorithms are skewed a tiny bit towards people who spend real $$ (which I do). From a business perspective, I would expect this.....people who spend $ need to be motivated to continue spending! At least in the USA, we have Loyalty rewards for most every business I can think of: airlines, gasoline companies, hotels, grocery stores, other retailers. Soda pop companies run contests with tokens inside bottle caps. And here, gems are intermittently on sale.....or offer event related bonuses. I like the business model that allows one to play for free to see if you enjoy the game, then can spend $ if you want to maximize game return (gemming ahead, getting specialty items with gems, getting Value Packs, etc)
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx