139 66.51%
  • Did not receive any random adventure drops

130 62.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 23 of 78 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 8/06: Tomb Raiders | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    Smart thinking ladlasse! Thanks for the tip.
    I read this, made a mental note and what do I do first thing this morning? Collect from the adventure. Sigh.

Rhino Keeper
    Hey I did not get the goal to give wheat. I thought that I missed seeing it in the pre-coffee haze but I am at Goal 3 which is to go on 2 adventures which means Goal 1 was give glimmer bulbs (which I did) and Goal 2 was neighbor requests.

Did anyone have to give wheat?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    Hey I did not get the goal to give wheat. I thought that I missed seeing it in the pre-coffee haze but I am at Goal 3 which is to go on 2 adventures which means Goal 1 was give glimmer bulbs (which I did) and Goal 2 was neighbor requests.

No, I didn't get that Goal/ Request either..

Executive Chef
    I read this, made a mental note and what do I do first thing this morning? Collect from the adventure. Sigh.
    I collected from my overnight adventure too, but immediately started another one. I hope I'm wrong but I think I'll be tied up with these neighbor requests for a couple of hours anyway.

Fashion Designer
    No, I didn't get that Goal/ Request either..
    I did get the Give Wheat goal (Give 20 Wheat), but not give Glimmerbulbs.

I'm on lower-lvl requirements.

Is it an either/or?

Edit: Hey so it looks like it's an either/or, both steps are listed as "5-1" on the front page so you'd either get 5-1 to give Wheat (Lower level maybe) or 5-1 to give Glimmerbulbs (Higher level maybe) ?
    Chapter 5: text from top of screen
    Chapter 5:
    5 - 1 Give Wheat (Supplies for our journey!) 0/20
    5 - 1 Give Glimmerbulbs (A refreshing treat in the desert!) 0/30
    Just to be sure, did anyone have to do both?

The other same-goal-numbered are: 8-3 (Give Grits, or Give Pasta), and 10-2 (Give Breaded Fish, or Give Hearty Feast).
    Wish i'd noticed sooner, I went and prepped all of them. 😅

(Oh well, more supply for adventure trades and elves! ❤️)
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 08-10-20 at 06:19 AM.

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    I'm having some issues with requests from other players. I check each morning and complete requests. But I often get messages later that day showing requests that were sent two days ago.

For the event, I've had a few issues. I clicked exit after placing the first oasis because my tired brain was thinking I was purchasing them and I didn't want to keep placing them (like rock piles). The second did not go into inventory so I purchased one for gems. (Edit...I must apologize, I just now was able to find the other oasis in the inventory....I think closing and re-opening the game made a difference. It wasn't there before.). My falcons didn't show up for placement so I closed the game and reopened it then they showed up.

I wanted to give my feedback to the designers. I appreciate the work they've put into the event but I'm not enjoying it. I feel like the clock is too short on this one. I'm finding it a little frustrating not being able to go at my own pace. I generally feel that the other event types have better pacing for time. The stop and go gives a disruptive feeling (you want to encourage people to play the game rather than throw up roadblocks). It is seriously off-putting. I'm finding this event is frustrating in a way other events aren't. I've already started this one, so I'm going to work on it, but I am not wanting to do a chapter event in the future. I've seen some feedback suggesting others may feel the same way.
    Last edited by TeikaEmberstorm; 08-10-20 at 10:34 AM.

Executive Chef
    Good luck with the Neighbors requests everyone!
    Force closing helps you see new requests and adds the Desert Map Pieces you received from other players to your total.
    This is the only way I get the Neighbor requests. I have to repeatedly force close to get any requests to register. It's a bit slow going, but at least it works. Good luck to all!

Fashion Designer
    Is it possible that the 2 day old neighbor requests are due to the neighbor flooding more than 20 daily requests (or however many the cutoff is) and then the system's response being to spread out the backlogged excess over the next few days until it's caught up?
    I don't know exactly how it works but if it only sends out the first 20/whatever-amount and then starts glitching, it might explain the delayed ones.
    I frequently have to accept the same request twice (both neighbor Quest requests, and accepting new neighbor requests too), and sometimes see the old/delayed requests come through as well.

I'm sorry about the event issues, Teika! Glad the falcons showed up- for the others, it looks like the suggestion for missing items is to contact support? :/
    Quite a hassle when we just want to power through.

I've found this storyline to be disjointed due to the presentation, My sidequests auto-completed before I could read Old Thomas' rambles so i'm missing that entire side bit and then getting one tiny chapter segment a day with at least one part waiting-intense means i'm just frantically clicking through to get to the "waiting" part.
    The chapter description is tiny (Cleo has most of the page's spotlight- shouldn't she be a silhouette or something for now since we don't know enough about her yet? Maybe her preview and the prize description should be shown with an actual "time until event expires" timer page?) and though we can go back and read that at any time and sometimes the storyline is copied into the forum (thanks all!) I do enjoy seeing it myself in other event styles.
    Even though I like the idea of a "storyline chapter" event, I find that i'm not really able to enjoy the story and the actual experience is really... disjointed. 😥

Are the falcons the beasts guarding the temple (whaat?), or is Seraphina? 😣
    I'm relying heavily on the forum for continuity, and must admit that I prefer to "focus" on either the Event OR my quests rather than mix it all up together depending on how quick a day is to finish, if i'm still missing anything for future goals, or how long I have to wait for each part.

Rhino Keeper
    Does extra falcon drop from doing the adventure?

Executive Chef
    Neighbor requests are so tedious.
    I'm 5 hours in and saved Stormy for last. Still waiting for Stormy (or anyone) to return the last request.

Also, try to remember to record who responds to your requests and who asks for requests, then send to those people first in the second request part of this event.
    Last edited by HuckleTown; 08-10-20 at 08:28 AM.