Thread: What's up with no access to the game?

Rhino Keeper

Question What's up with no access to the game?

Last night I couldn't get into the game but was able to get in later last night. This morning I have no access again. I tried Bakery Story and Restaurant Story just now and no access there also. Are all the games on a single server? If they are, no wonder people experience rolllbacks.

I can access the internet and other online games from other companies except for Storm8. Curious to know what's going on.

Edit: I can access the game now. Just curious to know what's going on though.

Community Manager [S8] Vanellope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4OU812 View Post
    Last night I couldn't get into the game but was able to get in later last night. This morning I have no access again. I tried Bakery Story and Restaurant Story just now and no access there also. Are all the games on a single server? If they are, no wonder people experience rolllbacks.

I can access the internet and other online games from other companies except for Storm8. Curious to know what's going on.

Edit: I can access the game now. Just curious to know what's going on though.
    I was able to log into all three games (Dragon, Bakery, and Restaurant Story) this morning with no connection issues. You may want to see if you can connect to the games on a secure WiFi network. If you're experiencing any issues with your account, please submit a ticket to Support at Storm8.

Link is in my signature

Banned
    I was able to log in to Dragon Story last night and this morning just fine too.

Fashion Designer
    Sometimes I can get into Bakery Story but not Dragon story and it's due to phone connections.

I was away for work for the last few days and the hotel I was staying in has crappy wifi and crappy cell reception. Dragon Story access was spotty in the hotel but Bakery Story was always fine. I think it has something to do with the amount of bandwidth needed to access the dragons and their animations. Bakery Story has no animation when you first open the game and then the only animation are the guests coming in and eating and I am usually not just staring at Bakery Story long enough for them to get far - I am either checking on food, decorating/redecorating, or visiting other bakeries to tip. Dragon story has to download and render all the dragons flying about even when you just open the game and that may be to much for low bandwidth.

If you are on cell reception, storms and air quality may effect your reception even if your phone says 4G/5G connection. Wifi theoretically should be OK but this particular hotel (I have stayed there on numerous ocassions) has poor wifi even if my little wifi icon is all lit up, it still may be crappy and sites with a lot of animation are also slow to load or never completely load - imgur is one of the sites I like going to that I have a lot of problems with at this location - both on my laptop and my phone.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks all of you. Must have been network congestion on the cell tower and the data was low-prioritized for cellular calls to have high priority.