Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaderboard prizes are THE SAME AS THE LAST LEADERBOARD! Why????

Leaderboard prizes are THE SAME AS THE LAST LEADERBOARD! Why????

The leaderboard is messed up. The local trophy and global trophy are the same prizes as the last! We already HAVE those trophies!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1FF3A1C7-FD36-424D-B036-76E7A196F483.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	56093

NOTE: EDITED OUT my blunder on scion dragon to avoid more confusion. Lol.
    Last edited by AraRaider; 07-24-20 at 11:43 AM.
    8+ years friendly DS player. I'm ⒶⓁⓌⒶⓎⓈ accepting active new neighbors, event item requests and maps. I also always reply to messages, message away or write on my wall to chat! Ⓜⓐⓡⓑⓛⓔ ⓚⓔⓨⓢ time requirements are the ⓦⓞⓡⓢⓣ!⃝

~✿❀✿~❃❁❃~✿❀✿~

Rhino Keeper
    The artwork for the Leaderboard trophies have shifted to a singular art style moving forward, but they are all new unique items with unique names.

The Scion Dragon should be brand new. Where do you believe it has been released previously?

These were the prizes from the previous leaderboard "Secret Wings".

Quote Originally Posted by FlatFoot View Post
    The artwork for the Leaderboard trophies have shifted to a singular art style moving forward, but they are all new unique items with unique names.

The Scion Dragon should be brand new. Where do you believe it has been released previously?

These were the prizes from the previous leaderboard "Secret Wings".

Name:	110D14E7-1815-4C4A-B5F5-1543C7D4911B.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	216.8 KB 
ID:	56094

The trophies are IDENTICAL!!!! The global trophy is the same as last time too! That is the secret dragon trophy! I will show you from my island hang on! I’ll get another pic to prove I have that trophy.

Edit: here’s the pic of that Secret trophy on my island:

Name:	F8928E56-4D56-43B1-AAF3-7D96D48D7CE4.jpeg 
Views:	31 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	56095

My bad on the scion dragon,but it’s weird. I have heard that name somewhere before...where on earth did I hear that name? Lol.
    Last edited by AraRaider; 07-28-20 at 05:15 PM.
    8+ years friendly DS player. I'm ⒶⓁⓌⒶⓎⓈ accepting active new neighbors, event item requests and maps. I also always reply to messages, message away or write on my wall to chat! Ⓜⓐⓡⓑⓛⓔ ⓚⓔⓨⓢ time requirements are the ⓦⓞⓡⓢⓣ!⃝

~✿❀✿~❃❁❃~✿❀✿~

Rhino Keeper
    Glad to hear that about the Scion Dragon. Had me running around checking all previous releases to make sure I didn't accidently release it elsewhere haha.

Yes, the artwork is the same and will look like this for every Leaderboard event moving forward. What I mean by unique is that it is technically a different item ID and name for every event.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatFoot View Post
    Glad to hear that about the Scion Dragon. Had me running around checking all previous releases to make sure I didn't accidently release it elsewhere haha.

Yes, the artwork is the same and will look like this for every Leaderboard event moving forward. What I mean by unique is that it is technically a different item ID and name for every event.
    So we are NEVER going to have unique trophies again?????? That is VERY sad. I really enjoyed collecting my trophies and displaying them and I know many others did too. Why are we not going to have any more unique trophies? it kinda takes some of the fun out of going for first place. It will give many people reason to not bother for 1st place any more since the trophy is always going to look the same...but maybe that is the point? Either way, I am so sad!

~✿❀✿~❃❁❃~✿❀✿~

Name:	B0FCCBF2-487E-416A-BB11-044B293F179B.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	288.4 KB 
ID:	56096

Rest In Peace my beautiful trophies. I am gonna miss never adding to you again.

~✿❀✿~❃❁❃~✿❀✿~

Rhino Keeper
    I really liked the different trophies as well. It seems like the creativity has been lacking lately. Some of the best dragons were released when Flatfoot used to be on here...hopefully he’ll bring some awesome dragons back.

Fashion Designer
    I aim for first or second for the dragon, not the trophies and I am sure there are many people with the same view as myself, as there are many people with the same view as AraRaider on the trophies. You cannot please everyone and if having the trophies look the same now means Storm8 spends more time on creating unique dragons, finding ways to get more land for players, and fixing bugs, I am all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    I aim for first or second for the dragon, not the trophies and I am sure there are many people with the same view as myself, as there are many people with the same view as AraRaider on the trophies. You cannot please everyone and if having the trophies look the same now means Storm8 spends more time on creating unique dragons, finding ways to get more land for players, and fixing bugs, I am all for it.

I have not seen any evidence of any of the things happening that you mentioned. except maybe producing new dragons and habitats/items with the same 3 events every month. That is the only thing we get new anymore...new yet also the same. Sigh. However I have yet to see any of the major bugs fixed. The crashing in this game is worse than it ever was and they closed off my original topic on it...nothing has been done. If you ask for support you just get the run around and your device is blamed. Not only that. We have no new land for years now. YEARS. Not months. YEARS! YEARS! It has been over 2 YEARS now since the last land release! They keep pounding out new dragons and habitats and I am fully expanded on all other islands except for my marble keys island which is at 50%. Once I fully expand that and if no land is going to be released, I will have no choice but to quit. What the heck is the point of playing a game where you spend all your money putting dragons in storage? A game that is no longer fun. That is what. When you have no other choice but to put everything in storage because everything is full, there is no point continuing. That is currently how quite a few are playing as it is and I feel sad for them. That should not even be allowed to happen. Not when they make as much as they do...they have made thousands off me. I am happy to support something I love...if it means that it will continue to be developed. When dragon story first started it always had fun holiday events and even had full on holiday themed dragon story game downloads. Like for Valentines Day and for Halloween etcetera! Everything was holiday themed, the sky and grass and everything! I have not seen anything out of the ordinary from the typical content in years and it makes me sad. I miss how much fun dragon story was in the first 4 years. It was also a lot cheaper then too. Now it has gotten VERY expensive. Which would be okay if they were actually
    Putting out the new content to match the high price tag everything has. It has started to go stagnant these last couple years with the only thing that is new is the dragons/habitats/items. I do love my dragons, habitats and items...but I am running out of land soon and I?m afraid I am going to have no choice to leave dragon story once I am fully expanded. I refuse to play simply to pay for storage. That is not fun. That reminds me of paying for rent. Paying rent is not fun. Keep in mind this is just my opinion m, mainly how I feel with how things have been going with the lack of new content and fixing of bugs and no new land. I truly would be happy if I was wrong and that dragon story IS Going to give us new land and fix things. I would be soooo happy! I do not want to see the game I love die...I am scared that the removal of the trophy is a sign of worse things, that they are gonna cut back on everything until the game is no more. That is probably just my anxiety but someone show me something that says otherwise. If they would just give us a preview of land to come or a future update it would make holding on worth it. I feel we deserve a sneak peek of some kind....

~✿❀✿~❃❁❃~✿❀✿~

Fashion Designer
    @araraider - I get what you are saying. I started playing the game originally some 7 years ago but got bored because at that time it was just breeding dragons and the only way to collect maps to clear land was to ask friends. I like it but after a while I was just getting the same dragons and didn't have much land. I played it for maybe a year

I came back 2 years or so later and have been playing it consistently for the last 4 years or so. I initially liked it much better with the goals, events, etc. I remember buying the common dragon needed for Tales with 50 gold - which I still think is way better than the 200 gold needed now. I also remember a 4 dragon habitat was one of the milestones of leaderboard.

I also remember when they changed how World event was done and suddenly I wasn't getting to the last item. I told Storm8 how I felt and followed it up with no longer putting money into the game. That's really the best way to tell any company you don't like what they are doing. BUT, after a few months, they came up with the common dragon and getting to the final item was relative easy again.

I remember when they briefly offered points (I forget for what) for getting particular dragons up to level 15 and that didn't last long.

So, I've seen ups and downs of the game and if I start to get disatisfied enough, I will show it by no longer spending money on the game - I don't spend nearly as much as you but it is the best bargaining chip any consumer has. That is also why I am hopeful making the trophies standard means Storm8 will put their energies towards improving the game in another way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast