7 Cowgirl Boot Vase
    6 Rocky Road Paths
    5 Carnival Banner
    4 Ice Cream Planter
    3 Yellow Bloomin' Cactus
    2 Bucking Bull
    1 Ice Cream Cottage
    1 Animal Ferris Wheel (finally!)

It took me over 26 tries (27 to be exact) to get the wheel, but nonetheless, I still got it!

I only have 2 more out of the collection to win, but I'm stoping after the next 2 hours. I'm going to turn in the last collection then, but that was the plan anyway - regardless if I got the wheel or not. As that's all I wanted, I don't care about wining the dough slime or the pies, even at the start of the event I didn't care for it. But I'm so happy I'm able to take home this wheel.

But I actually lost all hope winning it, due to it being so late in the event. But what a nice surprise!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B6AC364E-827E-402F-ADFB-707076B3ABEC.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	56103

I got dough slime but both gnome gathering and meteorite are full. What options do I have for a habitat? You only ge5 one of each.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dadrocky View Post
    I got dough slime but both gnome gathering and meteorite are full. What options do I have for a habitat? You only ge5 one of each.
    If you're on IOS - you can store a pet, if you choose to or just want to display another pet.

If you're not, then I'm not sure.

Though do not take this as fact, this is just what I've heard.

Though since I use iOS, I have been able to store pets/be able to store them.

Executive Chef
    Anyway.

I finally found a nice looking area to place my wheel in!

Super cute.

Name:	ABF5CA8B-2C25-4001-BFE4-D38EF44BA607.jpeg 
Size:	839.4 KB 
ID:	56104

A proud Ferris wheel owner. I hope another collection turn in happens again, specifically the one where you can use the Ladybug building.

Also, I hope that once this event is over, the truck/van moves. As did the flying kite event piece after it was over.

Executive Chef
    Final post in this thread, since it's about to be over - and I've already posted a lot.

Anyway, I finally bought gems; even though they weren't on sale, but I wanted to finish my bakery/bread area - and here it is! I bought two more of them Bakers Stand - very cool!

Name:	53F007A6-A720-48C8-A38F-D58151FFC37B.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	781.5 KB 
ID:	56105
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

(Only Actively Playing Farm Story 2)

Yes I can store them but I was hoping to be able to have them all. I have over 70 pets and this is the first I do not have its own habitat.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dadrocky View Post
    Yes I can store them but I was hoping to be able to have them all. I have over 70 pets and this is the first I do not have its own habitat.
    I don't know what pets you have, but are you able to move any of the pets into other habitats? For example, can you move any of the Gnomes into other habitats like the Snow Park, the Reindeer Stable, Mythical Meadow, or Haunted House? Or, if you have Ursa Major or Ursa Minor, can you move them into a Wildlife Den?

If not, you can try rotating through your pets so they each have time on your farm (maybe in conjunction with the season). Or, you may need to splurge and buy a Gentle Gazebo for your extra pets that cannot fit into your already existing habitats.

Rhino Keeper

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TwixAndScones View Post
    I've turned in my final collections (but one!) and I have received;

7 Cowgirl Boot Vase
    6 Rocky Road Paths
    5 Carnival Banner
    4 Ice Cream Planter
    3 Yellow Bloomin' Cactus
    2 Bucking Bull
    1 Ice Cream Cottage
    1 Animal Ferris Wheel (finally!)

It took me over 26 tries (27 to be exact) to get the wheel, but nonetheless, I still got it!

I only have 2 more out of the collection to win, but I'm stoping after the next 2 hours. I'm going to turn in the last collection then, but that was the plan anyway - regardless if I got the wheel or not. As that's all I wanted, I don't care about wining the dough slime or the pies, even at the start of the event I didn't care for it. But I'm so happy I'm able to take home this wheel.

But I actually lost all hope winning it, due to it being so late in the event. But what a nice surprise!

Name:	B6AC364E-827E-402F-ADFB-707076B3ABEC.jpeg 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	56103
    Congrats! I?ve turned in 42 collections and NO Bucking Bull NO Ferris Wheel NO Dough Slime..nice that someone is getting what they want!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by BatCrzy2 View Post
    Congrats! I?ve turned in 42 collections and NO Bucking Bull NO Ferris Wheel NO Dough Slime..nice that someone is getting what they want!
    Thanks for congratulations!

I'm sorry to hear that I hope next turn-in event gives you something you wanted and you don't have to turn in as many to get/possibly get what you want.

-// a side post that doesn't relate to the message above this section.

Anyway. I got 3 cactuses (at first I was "???") when winning them, but I absolutely like them now. Especially to my uncollected lemon trees.

Name:	0E7F031B-DF94-476E-A7E4-B66EF0CD45E7.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	269.1 KB 
ID:	56106

It goes well, in my opinion.
    Last edited by TwixAndScones; 07-28-20 at 07:39 PM.

Executive Chef
    Final tally...

4 Yellow Bloomin' Cactus
    6 Rocky Road Path
    3 Carnival Banner
    1 Bucking Bull
    5 Cowgirl Boot Vase
    2 Ice Cream Planter
    2 Blue Ribbon Pies
    1 Dough Slime

Didn't get all the prizes, but I had them from earlier events, and I wasn't that desperate for a Golden Lure, so I'm satisfied. That said...

Pros
    Doable. The event wasn't very long, but it was long enough. I admit to falling behind due to external considerations (like a hurricane in the vicinity), but I was able to finish with only minimal expenditure of gems to get to the end. However, what I couldn't collect on my own, I was often able to find in the Newspaper.
    The Pigs. Again. I'm not going to complain about this, because it WAS also connected to the other event. At least players weren't being overburdened by collecting from too many animals.

Cons
    The Mine. I don't want to bring this up again, but I think I must. Why? Why are more experienced players being penalized with needing to rely on luck TWICE just for one event item (okay, two, but the drop happens once)? First we need to hope we're lucky enough to receive a Pickax or Shovel from deliveries or from tapping on Moles. Or craft one in the Forge...which takes 8 hours...for just one tool. Then we must rely on luck a second time and hope that we'll get the event drop. Which for some of us is once every 5 tools...or more. I can understand why newer players at lower levels need an alternative option--they may not have unlocked the Mine yet--but why can't the higher-level players also get their drops from the Feed Mills? The drop rate would makes things equal for all players.
    Plot Drops. This always fills up my Silo, and it makes it difficult--if not impossible--to find anything needed for deliveries (which are needed for a different event item) because the Newspaper and neighbors' Side Shops are filled with just ONE of the event items, but in large quantities. Instead of dropping either 1 or 2 items, please change it to drop only 1. If players need more items, they can always plant quick-harvesting crops like Wheat and Corn. It is approaching the point that I am dreading participating in these events because I know how frustrating it will be to attempt to make progress with anything, just because there are so many event items up for sale and practically nothing else.
    Prizes. This is the "Baked Treats" event. And yet, of the prizes offered, only one has anything to do with baking (Blue Ribbon Pies). Surely, over the past 7 years there have been other prizes made available that better connect to "baking" than an Ice Cream Cottage or an Animal Ferris Wheel? Not that they are not nice prizes, but they stray very far from the event theme.
    Dough Slime. I'd let this pass, because dough is an important part of baking. Except...why does this pet apparently also go into Gnome Gathering? How does it count as a Gnome or Elf or Sprite or Fairy or Witch? I don't get it.
    Why the Farmer's Outpost? For a while now, events have always ended up using the Farmer's Outpost for crafting. However, with the addition of the Watermelon crafts, the menu for this building is very full. Furthermore, because so much needs to craft there, orders asking for other items from that building need to be discarded because there's no time to craft anything else. Can we either have items crafted in other, more appropriate buildings--honestly, considering this is a "baking" event, the Bakery would have made sense, except that it already has a big menu--instead of only at the Farmer's Outpost, or can we maybe receive an entirely NEW building that is will be used regularly, but ONLY during events? It could be called the "Event Hall" and the menu of crafted items would change for each event. And, considering how we have events ongoing almost every single day, this new building would almost always be in use. Then the other buildings we need could be left free to craft items needed for deliveries, which still contribute to the event because items drop at the Order Warehouse.

Final rating: 3 out of 5. I know some players will disagree with my assessment, but these are my thoughts on this event. And I get it: there's a standard formula for these events, and if it's not broken, then there's no reason to change it. But, there's always room for improvement somewhere.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast