Thread: Am I the only one who has to tap 100,000 times to remodel?

Am I the only one who has to tap 100,000 times to remodel?

I have seen requests made (some of the same ones over and over) for years, and no changes are ever made to accommodate them - so there's no reason to think anyone will respond to this one, but I'll ask regardless. Fingers crossed?

Let me say first that there is plenty right with Bakery Story. I appreciate the fun I've had playing for 11 years and I most definitely appreciate the great abundance of decorations I have access to. Most issues that annoy me about the game are easily overlooked - save one: I have 220 pages (more than 1,000 items) of floor decorations. Attempts to remodel have become ridiculously tedious.

I don't see other complaints/requests about this, surely I can't be the only one?

As an example, I have to tap 142 times to get to the "candy cane fence" (item #710 of my list of floor decorations). And because it's no longer available, as soon as I click it to place it, the floor decoration tab resets. This means I have to click another 142 times all over again to get back to that same item again to grab another piece of fence again. Exhausting! When you have a huge, decade old bakery, and you need 40 pieces of fence, this becomes quite a task. We're talking 5,600 taps just to put up a Christmas fence. Next, to grab the "candy cane light" (item #958 on my list of floor decorations) takes 192 taps. I have 25 of those. To use them all requires another 4,800 taps. That's TEN THOUSAND (10,000!) taps for just TWO (2) Christmas decorations. It's completely out of hand to try to remodel and literally takes most of a full day to do it. This is just an iphone game! Who has this kind of time to devote to this kind of thing? I used to do a remodel almost monthly: Winter, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Spring, Beach/Summer, Independence Day, Fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas - but now I'm lucky if I can manage 2 or 3 a year. (At least this is a good deterrent from ever wanting to expand again? I'd love to upgrade, but I can barely manage what I've got.)

Would it be such a hard thing to put floor decorations into sub folders that are sorted in some way? Sort them ANY way! I'd be thrilled for ANYTHING: by color, by holiday, by size, alphabetically by name, by year of release date, ANYTHING would be better than our current method of nothing. If I only had to sort through a "Christmas" subfolder with maybe 200 items in it, that would be just 40 taps to sort through everything. This would be WAY more manageable. I'm not ungrateful to have so many decorations - but sorting through them is absolute insanity.

At the very least, please at least consider making it so the floor decorations tab does NOT reset when an item that's no longer available is chosen. Even that simple fix would save thousands upon thousands of taps.

Bakery Story already takes a huge chunk of time to "play" properly. This was supposed to be fun. Please, someone listen.

Rhino Keeper
    I agree completely. Bakery is nearly perfect in my eyes, except for this issue (well, and the breakneck speed of the goals but I can live with that). I’d much rather spend time actually decorating than looking for the items, sometimes having to scroll hundreds of times to find a certain item. It really takes the fun out. Please, alphabetize or at a minimum sort by category, I.e. holiday, season, etc. Please, developers, listen to us and make the game more efficient