Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Battle Arena Woes

Fashion Designer
    In case you have not noticed in the tournament threads - I finally took skyharbor602's advice and raised my Dark dragon to level 15 and he's been doing great against the Champion types. He's only 400 essence in the codex and does not take to much food to raise up.

So, here are my new go-to's

Diamond and Achilles at 15 - first go at level 17 and below hard champions (pure champion types, Amazon, Harmony Knight) and Diamond types
    Dark 15 - new go to for high level pure champs (17-20 pure champions, Amazon, Harmony Knight)
    Mithril and Croconile at 12 - go tos for other champions (Huntress, Mithril, Plunder, etc).
    Creator 14 - go to for cosmic, pink, white
    Dark Omen 14 - go to for blue, purple, yellow green
    Glasswing 14 - general go to if I'm not sure. I generally do not use him for pink and cosmic but for some of the same colors as Dark Omen.
    Aquarknight 13 - I use him similar to Glasswing but mostly for battling with Tropic type bingo square.
    Jungle Warrior at 14 and Delver at 12 - first option if I'm trying to get a bingo square for winning with a stone type dragon

I raised Music to 12 for the bingo square but I do not use him as much in tournaments
    Triceratops is my go to for Dino bingo square but he's only at 10 and I'm very cautious about fighting with him because it isn't great.

I will say I notice a big difference between level 10 and 12 with battling for the same dragon - they just seem to get exponentially better.

I do use my other level 12 to 14 dragons at times, these are just my standards that seem to do well when I'm in a hurry or not in a place where I can verify with the chart.

I still miss the videos, they would be nice to have but having that Dark dragon means in the last two tournaments I finished with two days to spare.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    "Beaten dragons don?t ?recharge? so all those dragons will be useless the rest of the tournament."

I don't know what this means. I heal dragons and use them again in the same tournament all the time. I've read posts from other people saying the same thing - they heal the dragon that lost and then try it again, and it wins.
    I am not sure either - Sat night I battled with Dark 15 and lost, healed while I slept and he won the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    "Beaten dragons don?t ?recharge? so all those dragons will be useless the rest of the tournament."

I don't know what this means. I heal dragons and use them again in the same tournament all the time. I've read posts from other people saying the same thing - they heal the dragon that lost and then try it again, and it wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    I am not sure either - Sat night I battled with Dark 15 and lost, healed while I slept and he won the next morning.
    Sorry for the confusion. Beaten unhealed dragons. So if you let a long line of dragons form for your healing spa, all of them won?t start recharging until u heal them.

I just finished the tourney. No gold spent. Lost half a day. Slept about 7 hours a night zero main dragons waiting to be healed. Have a bunch of level 1 water and fire dragons I?m going to discard.

FYI, after my recent GB win I do have a strong Level 15 fighting roster. This tourney I used 9 super rare pure champions, 3 rare pure champions, 4 mixed champions, 3 pure diamonds and a handful mixed type favs. Only 2 are level 10 (a super rare and rare pure champion) for dealing with lower level tourney opponents.

That said go back a few months and I was doing fine with only 4 level 15 pure champion super rares, and 2 level 15 pure diamonds, and one level 15 passion. All the others above were level 10 and were perfectly usable against up to level 14-15 opponents.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

To illustrate with an example, let?s say I have 3 pure diamonds (ABC). Over 6 hours against a level 20 pure champion, assume they all fail.
    R1 - A - heal
    R2 - B
    R3 - A (out of spa) - heal
    R4 - C
    R5 - A (out of spa) - heal
    R6 - throw in some other random dragon
    R7 - A (our of spa) - heal
    And then I go to sleep for 8 hours. None of these dragons are recharging over night. Maybe A will start charging after the two hour heal (even though it is still in the spa), but B and C definitely won?t. I didn?t write this algorithm, so I don?t know if a healed dragon not yet released from the spa is treated like a dragon already outside of the spa.

How I would play this would be:
    R1 - A - heal
    R2 - Level 1 fire - discard
    R3 - B - heal (A is out of spa and recharging)
    R4 - Level 1 water - discard
    R5 - C - heal (B is out of spa and recharging)
    R6 - Level 1 fire/water - discard
    R7 - A - heal (C is out of spa and recharging)
    Now I go to sleep for 8 hours and B and C are recharging overnight.

Note that dragons that have lost, healed but had not had a lot of time to recharge perform worse than fresh dragons with no recent fighting. I imagine there?s a meter that might recharge slowly over a full day. This is why I don?t send in the level 15s until I hit rounds with level 15-16 dragons. I might even use a level 11-14 mixed type dragon If I can pick the right types against the opponents types. I do a lot of dragon rotating and keep a simple mental track of which dragon?s been thrown into the ring before. It?s good exercise for the brain

There is still a lot of luck involved in this game. I had level 1 fire dragons smacking down a round 29 level 15 pure champion more than a few times in my many years playing. A low charge dragon could still have this lucky strike. The opponent dragon will also have been ?softened up? by the previous attempts, so it?s not the same matchup as the first time loss.
    Last edited by JustKay; 10-14-20 at 08:50 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Level 8 Templar dragon just beat my:
    15 diamond
    10 infinity
    7 dark
    13 black knight
    Before my level 10 forest dragon beat it. Weirdly enough, my forest dragon has beaten 3 champion types in a row

Farm Supplier
    In the current battle arena - for the Generosity dragon..

Has anyone had success in round 17 against the level 19 Tower dragon? Half my dragons are exhausted because of it and it just won?t go down. I know I?m not going to be able to complete this tournament at this point, but still was interested to know what you guys might have had any success.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by lily684 View Post
    In the current battle arena - for the Generosity dragon..

Has anyone had success in round 17 against the level 19 Tower dragon? Half my dragons are exhausted because of it and it just won?t go down. I know I?m not going to be able to complete this tournament at this point, but still was interested to know what you guys might have had any success.
    Tower is a hybrid Champion with Green type so a pure Champion would have an advantage against it.
    Other than ADDIPS, Dark15, Metal15 has been recommended by a few knowledgeable battle arena veterans

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by retseho View Post
    Tower is a hybrid Champion with Green type so a pure Champion would have an advantage against it.
    Other than ADDIPS, Dark15, Metal15 has been recommended by a few knowledgeable battle arena veterans
    Tried pure champs as well as my Dark 15 numerous times, but no luck.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by lily684 View Post
    Tried pure champs as well as my Dark 15 numerous times, but no luck.
    Sorry to read that happened to you. Sometimes we seem to be picked as a victim of an almost undefeatable opponent. Mine was 30 tries before finally defeating a L20 pure Champion years ago.
    Looks like you need to find a Champion ****er for your island if Dark, Metal does not work.
    If ADIPPS also do not KO Tower,
    as Fire (Red), Mythic, Royal is strong against green you can try these single type dragons against Tower.
    Goodluck.

Executive Chef
    I'm getting tired of these recent tournaments with so many Champions back to back. I thought they used to be spaced out, like 1 Champion every 5 battles (not exactly, but on average). I don't know how the rest of y'all do it, especially without spending gold. My Strategy is to try to make sure I get past 5-6 battles per day. Day 1 I am usually able to knock out about 10, leaving me a little leeway for the rest of the tournament. Ideally I would then allow myself to use gold 1x per day if needed to beat a really tough opponent and keep up on my 5-6 wins for the day.However, with constant back to back champions, I just can't get through. i have 4 accounts and am lucky if I win on 1 account, and that is always with using a few gold along the way. One of my accounts isn't even getting the month-long tournament dragon, and it has lots of champions, diamonds, dark, you name it, to beat opponents.
    I've spent thousands of dollars on Storm8 games, but I'm still not valued by the company.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123