Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/09: A Wonderful Spot of Tea | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    First and second collections from Alina were both 2460 coins.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cascadia59 View Post
    Thanks Stormaurora42.

Too bad.... Kicking myself. I should have come here more regularly and I would have remembered.
    Don?t kick yourself. It happens.

I come here multiple times a day, even contributed to listing the right sequence of events and still messed up and didn?t get the second Percival!

Fashion Designer
    I too am getting frustrated with the resets and the loss of energy.

S8 - if your reset is smart enough to have all the places we collected/harvested reset and needing to be redone, why can't it reset the amount of energy. Goals like this one are energy-heavy so losing even 5 energies because of a reset and having to recollect is a waste and not fair.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

My regular trees are not dropping living wood. I have chopped down a forest and not one piece of living wood.

Executive Chef
    how many of the cats are people making? i made two because i only had to fight 2 more cards to get the needed cards for the 2nd one.
    wow that was a mouthful. i'm almost done with all the teas (probably will be after tomarrow's energy collection). so i could make another one. but the only thing on his list of drops that would be helpful is living wood and fertilizer.
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Executive Chef

Angry PLEASE fix the reset issue

Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    I too am getting frustrated with the resets and the loss of energy.

S8 - if your reset is smart enough to have all the places we collected/harvested reset and needing to be redone, why can't it reset the amount of energy. Goals like this one are energy-heavy so losing even 5 energies because of a reset and having to recollect is a waste and not fair.
    I find the resets INCREDIBLY annoying and frustrating. It's not even the lost energy it's KNOWING I did something and coming back to find it reset. You don't always know when it happens. I like collecting all the 8 hours and all the 12 hours at the same time ditto the 22 hour ones and often wait to collect until they sink up again.

This has been an issue for a VERY long time which makes me think it's intentional and just another money grab. It's been putting me off the game and making me seriously consider deleting the game. This is the last Storm8 game. I deleted Fantasy Forest because of the crazy amount of popups that stop gameplay and also DragonStory (and others like Bakery and Restaurant because they made it impossible to finish goals without HAVING to spend gems. The breeding was way too random and poor RNG making it unenjoyable. I often spend more money for items I want. Both times I bought the previous energy pack when the timer was up I only had about 14 energy instead of the full 40 I should have. I used it to **** enough cards for the cat which for me only seems to drop milk but fighting monsters gives back energy as does harvesting plants so no excuse for not ending with 40 energy.

Rhino Keeper
    If anyone has the beehives from that event back in maybe March? They drop a lot of living wood (Sometimes more than one at a time) for me and I?ve got all 5. Sorry if I?m repeating something already mentioned

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by are1000 View Post
    Don?t kick yourself. It happens.

I come here multiple times a day, even contributed to listing the right sequence of events and still messed up and didn?t get the second Percival!
    Thank you so much for the guidance. ❤️

I'm going to be glued to those guides while trying!

Almost collected my 2nd Percival early by accident yesterday, i've never panic "EDIT" cancelled-out an action so fast. 😅 Glad my character was at the other end of my Queendome, oof.

Very sorry to those who were disappointed unable to get the sequence, but super grateful to everyone sharing their experiences and helping others correct their path! ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    how many of the cats are people making? i made two because i only had to fight 2 more cards to get the needed cards for the 2nd one.
    wow that was a mouthful. i'm almost done with all the teas (probably will be after tomarrow's energy collection). so i could make another one. but the only thing on his list of drops that would be helpful is living wood and fertilizer.
    I haven't managed to craft my first Cheshire yet, i've just been earnings cards as a side effect of going for spades to complete the necessary upgrades and haven't actually focused on earning them purposefully yet. I'm still working on the storyline, just got my Mushroom Growth to lvl 8 so I have a good chunk left to do. I plan to make at least one (as many as possible would be great!) but I might not be able to earn multiple since i'll have to do some serious rock outcropping chopping later to get the last Golden Nugget. 😅

Yeah, this event's prizes seem to mostly just offer a chance to regain the resources used during the event... but it seems that most previous prizes end up useful later on, too!

Quote Originally Posted by RobinCradles View Post
    If anyone has the beehives from that event back in maybe March? They drop a lot of living wood (Sometimes more than one at a time) for me and I?ve got all 5. Sorry if I?m repeating something already mentioned
    Oo thank you for the tip, I haven't seen that mentioned before!
    I don't have the beehive but that's great to know. ❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 07-14-20 at 12:56 AM.

Fashion Designer
    (( Edit: Double post 😅 ))

Well, while I have the space...

I seem to struggle with resets mostly during Week-day/end Warrior (if I don't reload the game right away) and when my game has been idle in the background for a while and the server hasn't synched yet. I reload quite frequently (almost obsessively) by either entering the Gem Purchase Screen (it seems to force a "server check" of some kind, I usually get notifications that were lagging behind to appear like gifts, neighbor request and visits by doing that; This method might be risky for some unless you have your in-game purchases protected by multiple layers of confirmations/checks, so I don't recommend doing it unless you're confident that won't be a problem for you!), and a good old fashion close and reboot.
    This seems to eliminate all but 1 or 2 resets a week, usually if I forget to reload or am having a bit of unexpected server lag in the middle of a large collection spree, which is pretty much all but reduced from how frequently they used to happen. I also do a quick Gem Purchase Screen Check after 25 or so clicks, or after I get a good drop to make sure nothing happens (just in case I had a spree of neighbor activity that the server might load in later). After I earn a Baron's Tent prize I actually fully reload the game now, the first time I got an Ali (my Aquamarine Alicorn) it reset back to the prize being unearned in tent after I placed her on my board and it scared me to death before I managed to reload the game completely, re-earn her and re-set her. (I'd spent gems on cabbages and they were gone until I reloaded the game). Taking no chances now!

My biggest annoyance is just all the clicking re-do's and time wasted when you just want to quickly check your game and go on with your day.

I know that some may feel that we shouldn't have to adopt any special/superstitious practices just to play the game, but it seems to me that the problem lies with server synching so I don't mind making sure it synchs properly before continuing.

Some posts elsewhere in the forums seem to blame "internet connection" / "make sure you have a good internet connection" before trying to play ads for example, but I think it's more to do with however the game server synchs/communicates at busy times.
    I might be wrong about that, just what i've observed (especially since I always used to get laggy notifications popping up after a reset, so now I force them to appear and it seems to help).
    It would be great if s8 could improve the performance, but I don't know where the problem truly lies. More space/room/synchs dedicated to this game? Quicker pings? Better servers?
    All of this seems like profit would be required, to be geared towards improvement in whatever software/hardware area is needed.
    Give us *cough*Gold Mines, Alicorns,*cough* all the things we ask for including fixing all of the problems that disillusion and chase away players (paying customers who leave, or refuse to buy!!) like lack of Gem Spend Confirmation buttons and i'm sure the income will improve! 😉

I feel like they're super responsive with actual glitches/issues and graphics fixes (mushroom hut style/detail/size mentioned here, inventory limits for Rotten Cabbages being set to default 99 instead of unlimited, Jeweled Carrot collectible before the triggering quest point is reached, level 10 Upgrade not being accessible (fixed as soon as they found out), The Mint Chip Alicorn's hooves not setting down properly from the Baron's Tent), so if it was a problem with coding or that the art dept team could handle it would've happened already.
    Might be a Bigger Issue or something this free-to-play non-subscription-based "Small-Suport-Team" purchases-optional game can't support?
    Just a hopeful newer player here, there have been recent problems that the team has fixed very promptly so just wanted to mention that gratefully.

Hope everyone has fun with the event and avoids any frustrating poorly timed game resets, sorry if this got a little off topic for the thread itself just wanted to use the space. ❤️

Have fun! ❤️
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 07-14-20 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Double-post, then musing about recent topic

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoble55 View Post
    My regular trees are not dropping living wood. I have chopped down a forest and not one piece of living wood.
    Me too and all the sources listed on page one aren?t working for me either. I chopped 20 trees and got one living wood. I?ve done the beehives and nothing, the deer, the gnomes. It?s so frustrating when normally I?m maxed out on it!