Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 07/02: Monster Hunt S25 and Leaderboad | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    But they have that annoying 24-hour timer!

I don't remember if the armored alicorns are cheaper than the unicorns, but if so, definitely go for the cheapest option first as that gets you more energy faster.
    Yes, that 24 hour timer is very annoying indeed.
    Armored Alicorns are 15 Golden Troll Tokens, Unicorns 25.
    But if you don't have many Spellbound Dew droppers yet, those guaranteed drops each day can really make a difference...
    I would still go for the Unicorns, but you can't go wrong either way, they are all must haves!

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for the great advice!

Executive Chef
    I've been experimenting with alternating spawning from Grand Rooted Ilium and the horses. This does seem to keep the swords and staff tokens more balanced. But obviously I'm doing it only because of the wisp essence and the seals that I need too.
    I'm finding it surprisingly easy to ignore LB. There are 2 players batting it out for 1st and 2nd. Others are pretty far back, including myself.

Rhino Keeper

Not Spawing.

I put out some traps from other events, but nothing spawns. This happened last MH too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    But they have that annoying 24-hour timer!

I don't remember if the armored alicorns are cheaper than the unicorns, but if so, definitely go for the cheapest option first as that gets you more energy faster.
    yeah so annoying.. at least 4 to 5 energy drop and dew.. 24 hours back count is hard?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I've been experimenting with alternating spawning from Grand Rooted Ilium and the horses. This does seem to keep the swords and staff tokens more balanced. But obviously I'm doing it only because of the wisp essence and the seals that I need too.
    I'm finding it surprisingly easy to ignore LB. There are 2 players batting it out for 1st and 2nd. Others are pretty far back, including myself.
    I've adjusted my strategy, using horses and the Grant Rooted Ilium too.
    I'm running out of land that can be opened up with Expansion Permits and Wisp Lanterns, so I finally realized I need to start making Enchanted Lanterns/ collecting Wisp Essence.
    Thanks for the tips everyone!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tealbird81 View Post
    I put out some traps from other events, but nothing spawns. This happened last MH too.
    I'm sorry I have to ask, but did you check your music to make sure there were no other monsters in you Realm?
    I don't see any other reason for traps not to spawn a monster.
    I'm not sure if monsters from previous events drop Tokens..

Fashion Designer
    I have 45 out of 70 Golden Troll Tokens for the Mythic Research Center!

After that I do plan on trying for a Unicorn first, but I still have a ways to go just to open up the MRC.
    I might not make it, but I do have the Beastbane Display so might be able to earn enough in-between MH events to open up the MRC.

I don't have the Grand Rooted Lilium yet, as i'm on the wait-on-your-neighbors portion of the Sabina questline, so i've just been focusing on taking down as many Purple Glimmer Gollums as I can and doing my once-daily blue Dire Bore. I stopped collecting from everything except my guaranteed Energy Sources, stopped trying to spawn Fangbeasts at all, and am now using all my energy for monster fights.

I had traded for Princess Lorelei's Fountain on the first day of this MH to get full use from it this event, now thinking I should have waited until after unlocking the MRC but I already had 1 Blue Sapphire and just needed 1 more. Oh well!

Hope everyone who's participating enjoys the last day! ❤️ (Well, day and 15 hrs!)

Edit: Meant to say that the monster traps from previous events seem to earn LB Points, but not Tokens! I spawned an Anglerfish and got LB points and old event drops only, and I think I read earlier that someone else got only points from a Quest-spawned boss too. Fighting other monsters seems to be completely not helpful unless you're focused on Points and/or in a non-spend LB. 😊
    Last edited by stormaurora42; 07-07-20 at 02:32 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Marmoseas are also a great way to balance out sword/staff tokens, if you're at the point in the mermaid storyline where they spawn.

I had about 20 cursed reefs in storage and get 2-3 marmoseas per reef and they drop 5 sword tokens, so the energy spend per sword token is very reasonable.

Extra great if you still need to craft any of the pet marmoseas or need to upgrade the tidepool.

Fashion Designer
    Oo nice! I'll keep that in mind if i've unlocked the Mermaid questline next time round.

Balancing Tokens seems to be a fine act!