Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 07/02: Monster Hunt S25 and Leaderboad | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by shambalaya View Post
    Marmoseas are also a great way to balance out sword/staff tokens, if you're at the point in the mermaid storyline where they spawn.

I had about 20 cursed reefs in storage and get 2-3 marmoseas per reef and they drop 5 sword tokens, so the energy spend per sword token is very reasonable.

Extra great if you still need to craft any of the pet marmoseas or need to upgrade the tidepool.
    Thanks for the tip! I didn't think about Marmoseas, but 5 Sword Tokens is pretty nice.
    I hope I remember everything for next Monster Hunt.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    I'm sorry I have to ask, but did you check your music to make sure there were no other monsters in you Realm?
    I don't see any other reason for traps not to spawn a monster.
    I'm not sure if monsters from previous events drop Tokens..
    Yes. I always check to make sure there isn?t a monster.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerted7 View Post
    I am here to sing the praises of the grand rooted lilium. Not only does it spawn fangbeasts, also spawns fauns and fauns = faun of seals for expansion. Helps break up golems and round out tokens.

Enjoy!
    Does anyone have a picture of the grand rooted lilium? I tried finding it in inventory and in my kingdom the last time we had a MH. I don't know where to find pictures of this and other items that I don't know what they look like.

Thanks.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Executive Chef
    It?s near the end of the plants:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B8DC1FBC-348B-4CC7-9122-F956DE1024E5.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	139.9 KB 
ID:	55948

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stormaurora42 View Post
    I have 45 out of 70 Golden Troll Tokens for the Mythic Research Center!

After that I do plan on trying for a Unicorn first, but I still have a ways to go just to open up the MRC.
    I might not make it, but I do have the Beastbane Display so might be able to earn enough in-between MH events to open up the MRC.

I don't have the Grand Rooted Lilium yet, as i'm on the wait-on-your-neighbors portion of the Sabina questline, so i've just been focusing on taking down as many Purple Glimmer Gollums as I can and doing my once-daily blue Dire Bore. I stopped collecting from everything except my guaranteed Energy Sources, stopped trying to spawn Fangbeasts at all, and am now using all my energy for monster fights.

I had traded for Princess Lorelei's Fountain on the first day of this MH to get full use from it this event, now thinking I should have waited until after unlocking the MRC but I already had 1 Blue Sapphire and just needed 1 more. Oh well!

Hope everyone who's participating enjoys the last day! ❤️ (Well, day and 15 hrs!)

Edit: Meant to say that the monster traps from previous events seem to earn LB Points, but not Tokens! I spawned an Anglerfish and got LB points and old event drops only, and I think I read earlier that someone else got only points from a Quest-spawned boss too. Fighting other monsters seems to be completely not helpful unless you're focused on Points and/or in a non-spend LB. 
    I am glad that I got Lorelei's fountain. So far during this event it has given me four gold tokens. I keep forgetting to loot it. The beastbane display is dropping more gold tokens during the event than it did outside of the event for me. But I'm like you in that I have 42 gold tokens. I don't think I'll have enough this round to get the MRC. I'm not quite as far along in the Sabina quest. I'm asking for golden hair. and haven't opened up the manticore roost. So I don't have the grand rooted lilium, but I'm looking forward to it as it sounds like a marvelous strategy.

I've also given up on the fangbeast spawns. Though I feel like that was where I got more sword tokens. I feel like I waste too many energy points I could be using towards gold tokens. And I did find out that the spawned troll king counted towards leaderboard but gave no tokens. So your probably right about the rest of the spawns like that. I'm currently about level 9 on the leaderboard, and as much as I need the trade tickets, don't think I will make myself nuts with it.

Good luck everyone on the rest of the event.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TeikaEmberstorm View Post
    I am glad that I got Lorelei's fountain. So far during this event it has given me four gold tokens. I keep forgetting to loot it. The beastbane display is dropping more gold tokens during the event than it did outside of the event for me. But I'm like you in that I have 42 gold tokens. I don't think I'll have enough this round to get the MRC. I'm not quite as far along in the Sabina quest. I'm asking for golden hair. and haven't opened up the manticore roost. So I don't have the grand rooted lilium, but I'm looking forward to it as it sounds like a marvelous strategy.

I've also given up on the fangbeast spawns. Though I feel like that was where I got more sword tokens. I feel like I waste too many energy points I could be using towards gold tokens. And I did find out that the spawned troll king counted towards leaderboard but gave no tokens. So your probably right about the rest of the spawns like that. I'm currently about level 9 on the leaderboard, and as much as I need the trade tickets, don't think I will make myself nuts with it.

Good luck everyone on the rest of the event.
    Get more [horses].. just do the Purple Golem..
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-09-20 at 06:57 PM. Reason: removed inappropriate comments - and updated quote below

Executive Chef
    I agree with your logic. BUT for me hitting that same purple golem was driving me mad with boredom. But I have a lot of energy to "burn" and can try various methods.
    I agree that players just starting out do need to conserve their energy and just focus on golems for building up their gold tokens as quickly as possible.

I'm even bored with the LB. I'm just trying to mix it up since I have all I want from MRC. That includes chopping the Grand Rooted and the marmoseas as I have over 400 of the reefs.
    I went ahead and got 4 Armoured lizards because I have a lot of swamp area...Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. But not holding my breath.
    And for players on certain goals it is as the saying goes- ****ing two birds with one stone. So to speak.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-09-20 at 06:58 PM.

I think I'm done with this LB. It's likely I'll end up in second because it seems that I'm competing against a player with very deep pockets. I've used some of my accumulated gems for score boosting but not money on this LB and have no intention of doing so.

I started this LB with about 12,000 energy points, thanks to my herd of daily and weekly energy givers, and was able to build my points at a steady 2K+ points a day, hacking at Golems, Double Sword Knights, Wisps, Fauns, and other beasts. The other player was able to keep up with me but he had zero energy givers and had about four horses out, so, I'm guessing he was relying on crafting items in the Magic Forge; but, that would still require a lot of energy that had to be purchased because of his lack of energy givers. To top it off, when the deus ex machina appeared, the player's score jumped by more than 5K.

Well, I'm only interested in getting the Double Sword Knight, so, second place is fine

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by shambalaya View Post
    Marmoseas are also a great way to balance out sword/staff tokens, if you're at the point in the mermaid storyline where they spawn.

I had about 20 cursed reefs in storage and get 2-3 marmoseas per reef and they drop 5 sword tokens, so the energy spend per sword token is very reasonable.

Extra great if you still need to craft any of the pet marmoseas or need to upgrade the tidepool.
    I've tried this for a while and it works great!
    The Marmoseas give 4 to 5 Sword Tokens each, BUT the awesome thing about them is that they only have 6 health,.. meaning less then 6 energy to defeat them.
    I'm maxed on Cursed Reef because the fully upgraded Tidegate drops them like crazy.
    In any case, very much recommended for people who have Cursed Reefs and need Sword Tokens.
    I now have to fight Golems because I have to many Sword Tokens, haha
    Thank you so much again for the tip shambalaya!

Good luck on this last day everyone!

I'm thrilled it looks like I won't be ending up third place again, but lower. I much prefer the energy crate from lower prizes.

I'm saving up for my first Wizard's Portal, but I only have 39 Golden Tokens, so i'll have to wait till next Monster hunt.
    Hard to not spent the Tokens, but on the other hand.. 85 Golden Tokens are to many for me to gather in 1 Hunt, so without saving I will never be able to get it..

Fashion Designer TeikaEmberstorm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by podunkiana View Post
    Get more [horses].. just do the Purple Golem..
    I have to chuckle a little as in my years of gaming I seem to keep choosing unisex names where people refer to me as "dude". I was trying to reply to stormaura42 saying I think we're both in a similar place and I felt Loreli's fountain was a good use of tokens. I think for new players with a lower energy limit it still takes several beast events to gather enough gold tokens to buy what more established players already have.

I felt that only doing the golem was shorting me on sword tokens and that fangbeast were a good source for them, but too costly to trigger the spawn. Doing two of the daily monster hunts gives 10 sword tokens, and already require one golem, and just one boar. The boar is still points and doesn't take away points I wouldn't have used anyway if I'd spawned a golem. Considering I have little energy to expend I felt that spamming only golems and using the bronze coin conversion for the overflow wasn't as beneficial on its own as including two of the three daily monster hunts for the extra sword tokens.

I'm not sure why people have herds of horses for the event. I have 11 but always spawn a golem in one to three gathers. I'm thinking others have larger amounts of energy, allowing for more frequent spawning, thus the refresh on horse gather matters. If that's the case, I'm not that flush with energy yet. And new players won't be able to afford a large herd.

I'm still new and working out some of the logistics. I appreciate players sharing their experiences. . And the mamoseas sound like a great strategy when I get to them.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-09-20 at 06:59 PM. Reason: quote updated